EXCLUSIVE: Stoopid Monkey Prods’ Seth Green and Matthew Senreich, creators/executive producers of Emmy-winning animated series Robot Chicken, have partnered with Buddy Systems’ John Harvatine IV and Eric Towner to launch Stoopid Buddy Stoodios, a stop-motion animation production facility for the quartet’s joint and individual animated projects, which will be produced under the new company’s banner. Additionally, the studio will host outside stop-motion animation projects. Stoopid Buddy Stoodios’ first productions will be the upcoming Season 6 of Adult Swim’s top-rated series Robot Chicken and the show’s tribute to the characters in the DC Comics universe. As a result, ShadowMachine Films, which had been co-producing Robot Chicken with Stoopid Monkey and handling physical production of the series, will no longer be involved in it. Robot Chicken‘s 100th episode airs January 15. Stoopid Monkey and Buddy Systems first collaborated earlier this year when they launched the YouTube live-action-meets-stop-motion animation show, Stoopid Monkey. Towner and Harvatine, repped by The Gotham Group, were animators on seasons 2 and 3 of Robot Chicken before leaving to found stop-motion production company Buddy System Studios four years ago. The company has had pilots set up at MTV Networks and Disney XD. UTA-repped Green and Senreich also serve as consultants on Lucasfilm’s animated Star Wars comedy series on the heels of their popular Star Wars-themed Robot Chicken specials, produce online reality show http://www.ControlTV.com and serve as executive producers on Adult Swim’s Titan Maximum.
'Robot Chicken' Quartet Led By Seth Green Launches New Animation Studio
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- South Korean Cultural Minister Arrested Over Artists Blacklist
- Jimmy Kimmel Vows To Mine Donald Trump Presidency For Laughs
- More Than 200 Arrested But Protests Don’t Trump Inaugural Festivities
- Joy Reid To Trevor Noah: Media Must Study Vladimir Putin’s Authoritarian Regime To Cover President Trump
- Bill Maher Calls Trump Inaugural Address “Joyless And Ugly And Dividing”
- Did Twitter Force Obama Supporters To Follow New Trump @POTUS Account?