Not much of a finale ratings bump for Fox’s The X Factor. The performance wrap of the singing competition last night averaged a 3.3/10 among adults 18-49, down a tenth from last week’s Top 4 performance show. In X Factor‘s defense, 18-49 TV usage was down 7% week-to-week from 8-10 PM. But X Factor faced CBS’ regular lineup in originals last week vs. far weaker competition last night. And its lead-out, new Fox comedy I Hate My Teenage Daughter (2.1/6), was not impacted by the usage drop — it was up 17% from last week. Even if it pulls even with last week in the finals, this is still a disappointing performance for a finale of a big talent competition. Fox (3.0/9, 9.8 million total viewers) easily won the night. Against X Factor, NBC’s game show Who’s Still Standing? (1.7/5) was down 11% from Tuesday night. The only other original last night was CBS’ Home For The Holidays special (0.8/2), which was up a tenth from last year.
RATINGS RAT RACE: 'X Factor' Performance Finale Slips, 'Teenage Daughter' Rises
What's Hot on Deadline
'Jungle Book' Still Hot In Third Weekend With $35M-$36M; 'Mother's Day' Has Edge Over 'Keanu' - Update
Tony Goldwyn, Josh Lucas, Michael C Hall, Marton Csokas & Kate Walsh Surround Liam Neeson For Watergate Thriller 'Felt'
Latest TV News
- USA To Redevelop ‘Brooklyn Animal Control’ Pilot, Passes On ‘Poor Richard's Almanack’
- Kelly Macdonald To Star In ‘Black Mirror’ Episode On Netflix
- Ashton Kutcher Sitcom ‘The Ranch’ Renewed For Season 2 By Netflix
- Allison Janney Revives C.J. Cregg For White House Press Briefing
- Larry Wilmore On White House Correspondents’ Dinner: “I’m Going To Open With A Yo Mama So Fat Joke”
- John Krasinski To Star In ‘Jack Ryan’ Amazon TV Series From Carlton Cuse & Paramount TV