Not much of a finale ratings bump for Fox’s The X Factor. The performance wrap of the singing competition last night averaged a 3.3/10 among adults 18-49, down a tenth from last week’s Top 4 performance show. In X Factor‘s defense, 18-49 TV usage was down 7% week-to-week from 8-10 PM. But X Factor faced CBS’ regular lineup in originals last week vs. far weaker competition last night. And its lead-out, new Fox comedy I Hate My Teenage Daughter (2.1/6), was not impacted by the usage drop — it was up 17% from last week. Even if it pulls even with last week in the finals, this is still a disappointing performance for a finale of a big talent competition. Fox (3.0/9, 9.8 million total viewers) easily won the night. Against X Factor, NBC’s game show Who’s Still Standing? (1.7/5) was down 11% from Tuesday night. The only other original last night was CBS’ Home For The Holidays special (0.8/2), which was up a tenth from last year.
RATINGS RAT RACE: 'X Factor' Performance Finale Slips, 'Teenage Daughter' Rises
What's Hot on Deadline
Cloris Leachman On Gene Wilder & The 'Young Frankenstein' Scene That Cracked Him Up: "We Had To Do It 14 Times"
Latest TV News
- Modern VideoFilm Founder Sues New Owner For $100 Million
- Latest Creative Arts Emmys Presenters Include Chris Hardwick, Margo Martindale & Gloria Steinem – Update
- ABC Nabs ‘Start Up’ Comedy Starring & Directed By Zach Braff As Put Pilot
- IATSE Offers To Help ‘Sausage Party’ Animators & Fight “Untenable” VFX Working Conditions
- ‘Splitting Up Together’ Comedy From Emily Kapnek & Ellen DeGeneres Gets ABC Put Pilot Commitment
- Donald Trump: Abedin-Weiner Split Exposes Possible National Security Risk In Clinton Campaign