Not much of a finale ratings bump for Fox’s The X Factor. The performance wrap of the singing competition last night averaged a 3.3/10 among adults 18-49, down a tenth from last week’s Top 4 performance show. In X Factor‘s defense, 18-49 TV usage was down 7% week-to-week from 8-10 PM. But X Factor faced CBS’ regular lineup in originals last week vs. far weaker competition last night. And its lead-out, new Fox comedy I Hate My Teenage Daughter (2.1/6), was not impacted by the usage drop — it was up 17% from last week. Even if it pulls even with last week in the finals, this is still a disappointing performance for a finale of a big talent competition. Fox (3.0/9, 9.8 million total viewers) easily won the night. Against X Factor, NBC’s game show Who’s Still Standing? (1.7/5) was down 11% from Tuesday night. The only other original last night was CBS’ Home For The Holidays special (0.8/2), which was up a tenth from last year.
RATINGS RAT RACE: 'X Factor' Performance Finale Slips, 'Teenage Daughter' Rises
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: "We Had No Choice," Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
'The Interview' Release Would Have Damaged Kim Jong Un Internally, Says Rand Expert Who Saw Movie At Sony's Request
More From Andreeva
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'
- Christina Aguilera-Produced Dramedy, Twitter-Based Comedy, Shakespeare-Themed Drama On Prospect Park's Slate