Not much of a finale ratings bump for Fox’s The X Factor. The performance wrap of the singing competition last night averaged a 3.3/10 among adults 18-49, down a tenth from last week’s Top 4 performance show. In X Factor‘s defense, 18-49 TV usage was down 7% week-to-week from 8-10 PM. But X Factor faced CBS’ regular lineup in originals last week vs. far weaker competition last night. And its lead-out, new Fox comedy I Hate My Teenage Daughter (2.1/6), was not impacted by the usage drop — it was up 17% from last week. Even if it pulls even with last week in the finals, this is still a disappointing performance for a finale of a big talent competition. Fox (3.0/9, 9.8 million total viewers) easily won the night. Against X Factor, NBC’s game show Who’s Still Standing? (1.7/5) was down 11% from Tuesday night. The only other original last night was CBS’ Home For The Holidays special (0.8/2), which was up a tenth from last year.
RATINGS RAT RACE: 'X Factor' Performance Finale Slips, 'Teenage Daughter' Rises
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- K.J. Steinberg Inks Overall Deal With Sony TV, Sells Female Cop Drama To CBS
- Kevin Falls Inks Overall Deal With 20th TV, Sells University Drama To Fox
- Bill Burr To Star In FX Comedy Pilot From 'It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia' Team
- 'Selfie' & 'Manhattan Love Story' Start Soft, Edge Fox Comedies; 'New Orleans' Holds, 'Forever' Drops – Ratings Rat Race
- ABC Pilot 'Clementine' Stays Alive With New Cast Extension, Eyes Summer Run
- Alyssa Milano Exits ABC's 'Mistresses'