Not much of a finale ratings bump for Fox’s The X Factor. The performance wrap of the singing competition last night averaged a 3.3/10 among adults 18-49, down a tenth from last week’s Top 4 performance show. In X Factor‘s defense, 18-49 TV usage was down 7% week-to-week from 8-10 PM. But X Factor faced CBS’ regular lineup in originals last week vs. far weaker competition last night. And its lead-out, new Fox comedy I Hate My Teenage Daughter (2.1/6), was not impacted by the usage drop — it was up 17% from last week. Even if it pulls even with last week in the finals, this is still a disappointing performance for a finale of a big talent competition. Fox (3.0/9, 9.8 million total viewers) easily won the night. Against X Factor, NBC’s game show Who’s Still Standing? (1.7/5) was down 11% from Tuesday night. The only other original last night was CBS’ Home For The Holidays special (0.8/2), which was up a tenth from last year.
RATINGS RAT RACE: 'X Factor' Performance Finale Slips, 'Teenage Daughter' Rises
What's Hot on Deadline
Thanksgiving Box Office +12% Over 2014, Boosted By 'Mockingjay 2', 'Good Dinosaur' & 'Creed' - Sunday AM Final Update
Latest TV News
- ‘The Fosters’ Renewed For Season 4 By ABC Family
- Charlie Sheen: Winning For ‘Today’ Show
- Nigel Lythgoe To Return For ‘American Idol’ Finale As ‘SYTYCD’ Fate In Limbo
- ‘Star Wars Rebels’ Renewed For Season 3 At Disney XD
- Peter Jackson Directing An Episode Of ‘Doctor Who’?
- Jimmy Fallon Logs Biggest Demo Margin To Date Over Stephen Colbert