Frosty was the (snow) man last night. Forty two-year-old cartoon Frosty The Snowman (1.9/7 in adults 18-49, 7.3 million viewers) steamrolled the competition to rank as the top program of the night in both 18-49 and total viewers. It was one of four holiday specials CBS aired last night, followed by a Blue Bloods rerun. NBC and ABC were the only networks to air their regular Friday lineups in originals. NBC’s Chuck (1.0/3) inched up a tenth from the series low it hit in its most recent outing 3 weeks ago. Grimm (1.6/5) held steady, even with its last Friday telecast 3 weeks ago and the special Thursday 10 PM airing this week. Dateline (1.6/5) closed out the night for NBC at 10 PM. NBC (1.4/4, 4.9 million) pulled off a rare No.1 finish, tied with CBS (1.4/4, 6.4 million) in adults 18-49. ABC ran back-to-back episodes of Extreme Makeover: Home Edition (1.1/4, 1.5/4, on par with last week), followed by 20/20 (1.3/4). Fox and the CW ran repeats.
RATINGS RAT RACE: 'Frosty' Tops, 'Chuck' Rises, 'Grimm' Steady
What's Hot on Deadline
Patton Oswalt Responds To Arrest In Golden State Killer Case, The Subject Of Late Wife's Book "I'll Be Gone In The Dark"
Latest TV News
- ‘Suits’ Finale: Series Creator On Patrick J. Adams & Meghan Markle’s Exits, New Twist, Season 8…
- Bill Cosby Sexual Assault Retrial Sent To Jury; Day Ends Without Verdict – Update
- ‘Once Upon A Time’ EP Steve Pearlman Inks Overall Deal With ABC Studios
- Alan Ball’s Drama ‘Here and Now’ Canceled By HBO After One Season
- New York AG Settles With Sharp Entertainment Over Unpaid Overtime; Reality Producer Responds – Update
- ‘Inside Amy Schumer’ Co-Creator Daniel Powell Inks Animation Partnership With Comedy Central