Just like it did last December, Spanish-language broadcaster Univision is starting to log nightly victories in adults 18-49 over its English-language competitors who are opting for pre-holiday fare of specials and repeats. Univision did it last night, tying NBC for the top demo spot with a 1.2/4 among adults 18-49. NBC’s Chuck (0.9/3) and Grimm (1.5/5) each shed a tenth of a rating point from last week. With CBS’ dramas in reruns, Grimm was the highest-rated program of the night in 18-49. At 10 PM, Dateline (1.3/4) was down 19%. It was a down night for newsmagazines all around, with the special edition of ABC’s 20/20 anchored by Diane Sawyer (0.9/3) down 31% from last week. It was preceded by back-to-back episodes of freshly canceled reality series Extreme Makeover: Home Edition (1.2/4, 1.3/4), which were down 10% and up 13%, respectively, from last week’s 8 PM and 9 PM episodes. With its dramas in repeats, CBS (0.9/3, 6.1 million) still won the night in total viewers. Fox ran a mix of holiday animated specials and a The Simpsons rerun.
RATINGS RAT RACE: 'Chuck' & 'Grimm' Slip, Univision Ties NBC For No. 1 In 18-49
What's Hot on Deadline
No Obama Bounce For DNC Day 3 Ratings As They Fall Behind RNC, 'Wayward Pines' Finale Down From 2015
Venice Film Festival: Lido To Launch Pics From Ford, Gibson, Malick & More As Awards Season Starts To Buzz - Full List
Bill O'Reilly Defends Comments That Slaves Who Built The White House Were "Well-Fed And Had Decent Lodging" - Update
Latest TV News
- Hillary Clinton Rips Donald Trump For “Bigotry & Bombast” In DNC Speech
- Hollywood Reacts To Hillary Clinton DNC Speech: Making History Leads Way Amid Jokes & Jibes
- Watch Tonight's Hillary Clinton DNC Video By ‘Scandal’ EPs
- PBS’ ‘The Talk’ Panel: The Issue Of Police Violence Front And Center – TCA
- Corporate Lawyers: Best Friend To Stephen Colbert Fans?
- ‘Command And Control’ Trailer: Inside One Of The Cold War’s Tensest Moments – TCA