Just like it did last December, Spanish-language broadcaster Univision is starting to log nightly victories in adults 18-49 over its English-language competitors who are opting for pre-holiday fare of specials and repeats. Univision did it last night, tying NBC for the top demo spot with a 1.2/4 among adults 18-49. NBC’s Chuck (0.9/3) and Grimm (1.5/5) each shed a tenth of a rating point from last week. With CBS’ dramas in reruns, Grimm was the highest-rated program of the night in 18-49. At 10 PM, Dateline (1.3/4) was down 19%. It was a down night for newsmagazines all around, with the special edition of ABC’s 20/20 anchored by Diane Sawyer (0.9/3) down 31% from last week. It was preceded by back-to-back episodes of freshly canceled reality series Extreme Makeover: Home Edition (1.2/4, 1.3/4), which were down 10% and up 13%, respectively, from last week’s 8 PM and 9 PM episodes. With its dramas in repeats, CBS (0.9/3, 6.1 million) still won the night in total viewers. Fox ran a mix of holiday animated specials and a The Simpsons rerun.
RATINGS RAT RACE: 'Chuck' & 'Grimm' Slip, Univision Ties NBC For No. 1 In 18-49
What's Hot on Deadline
'Gods Of Egypt': 'Selma' Director Ava DuVernay Responds To Alex Proyas & Lionsgate Apology For Lack Of Diversity - Update
Thanksgiving Box Office +12% Over 2014, Boosted By 'Mockingjay 2', 'Good Dinosaur' & 'Creed' - Sunday AM Final Update
'Mockingjay' Rules Roost; 'Good Dinosaur' Hatches With $29M; 'The Martian' Lands $50M In China - Intl Box Office Update
’The Danish Girl’ Bows With Style; 'Janis: Little Girl Blue' Solid In Debut; 'Carol’ Dominates Thanksgiving: Specialty B.O.
Universal Lands Hot Novel 'The Girl Before'; Ron Howard To Direct, Brian Grazer & Michael De Luca To Produce
Latest TV News
- Al Markim, Who Played Astro In Pioneering ‘Tom Corbett, Space Cadet,’ Dies At 88
- ‘MasterChef Jr.’ Ratings Down, ‘Amazing Race’ Even, ‘Santa Claus’ Matches 2014
- ‘NFL On CBS’ Snags Strong Thanksgiving Day Ratings
- Marvel’s ‘Agent Carter’ Season 2 Teaser: Hayley Atwell Kicks Butt In Hollywood
- Thanksgiving NFL Matchup Draws 27.8M Viewers, 2nd-Most Ever For NBC Primetime Regular-Season Game – Update
- French Media Dedicates Coverage To Emotional Memorial Service For Victims Of Paris Attacks