Just like it did last December, Spanish-language broadcaster Univision is starting to log nightly victories in adults 18-49 over its English-language competitors who are opting for pre-holiday fare of specials and repeats. Univision did it last night, tying NBC for the top demo spot with a 1.2/4 among adults 18-49. NBC’s Chuck (0.9/3) and Grimm (1.5/5) each shed a tenth of a rating point from last week. With CBS’ dramas in reruns, Grimm was the highest-rated program of the night in 18-49. At 10 PM, Dateline (1.3/4) was down 19%. It was a down night for newsmagazines all around, with the special edition of ABC’s 20/20 anchored by Diane Sawyer (0.9/3) down 31% from last week. It was preceded by back-to-back episodes of freshly canceled reality series Extreme Makeover: Home Edition (1.2/4, 1.3/4), which were down 10% and up 13%, respectively, from last week’s 8 PM and 9 PM episodes. With its dramas in repeats, CBS (0.9/3, 6.1 million) still won the night in total viewers. Fox ran a mix of holiday animated specials and a The Simpsons rerun.
RATINGS RAT RACE: 'Chuck' & 'Grimm' Slip, Univision Ties NBC For No. 1 In 18-49
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
UPDATE: 'Cops' Bryce Dion Killed By Friendly Fire In Omaha While Filming Response To Wendy's Robbery
More From Andreeva
- 'Friends' Stars Reprise Their Roles On 'Jimmy Kimmel Live'
- Family Man Comedy From Bill Wrubel Gets CBS Pilot Production Commitment
- Fox Buys Sci-Fi Drama 'Nod' From Jason Richman & Chernin Co.
- Rila Fukushima Joins 'Arrow', Riley Voelkel Cast In 'Point Of Honor'
- Fox Buys College Comedy From Weezer Frontman Rivers Cuomo & 'Psych' Creator Steve Franks As Put Pilot
- Jason Bateman's Aggregate Films Reups Film & TV Deal With Universal, Hires Executive