Just like it did last December, Spanish-language broadcaster Univision is starting to log nightly victories in adults 18-49 over its English-language competitors who are opting for pre-holiday fare of specials and repeats. Univision did it last night, tying NBC for the top demo spot with a 1.2/4 among adults 18-49. NBC’s Chuck (0.9/3) and Grimm (1.5/5) each shed a tenth of a rating point from last week. With CBS’ dramas in reruns, Grimm was the highest-rated program of the night in 18-49. At 10 PM, Dateline (1.3/4) was down 19%. It was a down night for newsmagazines all around, with the special edition of ABC’s 20/20 anchored by Diane Sawyer (0.9/3) down 31% from last week. It was preceded by back-to-back episodes of freshly canceled reality series Extreme Makeover: Home Edition (1.2/4, 1.3/4), which were down 10% and up 13%, respectively, from last week’s 8 PM and 9 PM episodes. With its dramas in repeats, CBS (0.9/3, 6.1 million) still won the night in total viewers. Fox ran a mix of holiday animated specials and a The Simpsons rerun.
RATINGS RAT RACE: 'Chuck' & 'Grimm' Slip, Univision Ties NBC For No. 1 In 18-49
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- 'Saturday Night Live' Ratings On Par In Households, Slip In Demo With Host Cameron Diaz
- SVP Alternative Among Several Eliminated Positions At CW As Part Of TW Layoffs
- Nora Arnezeder To Co-Star In 'Zoo'; Christian Campbell Joins 'True Detective'
- Paul Dano To Co-Star In Steve McQueen's HBO Pilot 'Codes Of Conduct'
- 'Jump Start' Comic Strip To Be Adapted As Family Comedy For Fox
- Resolution's Cynthia Booth & Emma Lewis Join Don Buchwald & Associates