Just like it did last December, Spanish-language broadcaster Univision is starting to log nightly victories in adults 18-49 over its English-language competitors who are opting for pre-holiday fare of specials and repeats. Univision did it last night, tying NBC for the top demo spot with a 1.2/4 among adults 18-49. NBC’s Chuck (0.9/3) and Grimm (1.5/5) each shed a tenth of a rating point from last week. With CBS’ dramas in reruns, Grimm was the highest-rated program of the night in 18-49. At 10 PM, Dateline (1.3/4) was down 19%. It was a down night for newsmagazines all around, with the special edition of ABC’s 20/20 anchored by Diane Sawyer (0.9/3) down 31% from last week. It was preceded by back-to-back episodes of freshly canceled reality series Extreme Makeover: Home Edition (1.2/4, 1.3/4), which were down 10% and up 13%, respectively, from last week’s 8 PM and 9 PM episodes. With its dramas in repeats, CBS (0.9/3, 6.1 million) still won the night in total viewers. Fox ran a mix of holiday animated specials and a The Simpsons rerun.
RATINGS RAT RACE: 'Chuck' & 'Grimm' Slip, Univision Ties NBC For No. 1 In 18-49
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fear The Walking Dead' Finale: Gale Anne Hurd On Season 2, 'Walking Dead' Season 6 & No Zombie Apocalypse Crossover
'Martian' 2nd-Best Opening For October, Damon & Scott Despite Losing Fuel Sunday; Verdi Trips 'Walk' - B.O. Postmortem
'Collateral Beauty' Director Alfonso Gomez-Rejon Exits Project Over Creative Differences With Studio
Latest TV News
- ‘Gotham’ EP On Tonight’s Joker Origin Shocker & Honoring The Batman Legacy
- Roger Bart Joins ‘Graves’ On Epix; Tembi Locke In USA Pilot ‘Shooter’
- Harvey Weinstein & BBC Debut ‘War And Peace’ Footage, Talk Future Collaborations – Mipcom
- Does Lionsgate Have Starz In Its Eyes?
- Nancy Drew Drama Series In Works At CBS
- Endemol Shine CEO Defends TV Business: “We Have Never Had It So Good” – Mipcom