Another pre-holiday night filled with repeats, specials and a burnoff (NBC’s Prime Suspect). CBS, which aired the closest to a regular original lineup, won by a wide margin. Following a The Big Bang Theory repeat (2.8/9, 10.2 million viewers), a new Rules Of Engagement (2.7/8 in adults 18-49, 9.7 million) was down 10% from last week in 18-49. But given the fact that Big Bang shed some 40% from last week’s original, Rules‘ performance was OK. New Person Of Interest (2.8/8, 12.8 million) and The Mentalist (2.7/7, 13 million) held steady with last week, with POI drawing its largest audience since the premiere. POI also posted what I believe is the show’s first nightly win in 18-49, tied with Big Bang and Fox’s The X Factor. Speaking of X Factor (2.8/8), it doesn’t have much ratings momentum heading into the final week as the show’s penultimate results episode was down a tenth from last Thursday. Bones (1.5/4) was a repeat to save the fall finale original for the spinoff The Finder‘s premiere in January. ABC aired a rebroadcast of A Charlie Brown Christmas (1.8/5, down 5% from last year) and modestly rated special This Year With Katie Couric (1.5/4). NBC aired all reruns followed by a new Prime Suspect (0.8/2), which sunk to a new series low with no original lead-in. NBC (0.8/2, 2.6 million) finished distant fifth for the night behind fourth place Univision (1.4/4, 3.5 million).
RATINGS RAT RACE: CBS Tops Atypical Night, Fox's 'X Factor' Slips
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Brothers Grimsby': Trailer Or Titillating Clip "Shown" On 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' – Which Works Better?
Latest TV News
- Mark-Paul Gosselaar To Star In Fox Pilot ‘Pitch’
- CBS Comedy Pilot 'Superior Donuts' Casts Maz Jobrani
- Laura Dern To Star In HBO Death Row Drama In Development From Alex Gibney
- CBS Order For Matt Nix Drama Scrapped When Co-Production Deal Falls Through As Ownership Rules Pilot Season 2016
- ‘Outlander’ Season 2 Trailer: Is It Even Possible To Change The Future?
- Les Moonves Says He Has “Free Rein” To Run CBS, But Likes “Stability”