Piers Morgan, the CNN host who was editor of News Corp’s now-shuttered News of the World between 1994-95, will appear next week before a UK inquiry investigating media ethics in the wake of the tabloid’s phone-hacking scandal. The Piers Morgan Tonight host and former America’s Got Talent judge had said over Thanksgiving that he would appear soon, and today his PR rep confirmed that he will do so sometime next week. The panel has already heard from such victims as Sienna Miller, JK Rowling and Hugh Grant. Morgan likely will face questions about allegations that he allowed hacking while working at another UK tabloid, the Daily Mirror, and that he personally listened to intercepted voicemails; he has denied such charges.
Piers Morgan To Answer Hacking Questions At UK Inquiry Next Week
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Zachary Booth, Bill Irwin, Six More Round Out 'South Of Hell' Cast On WE TV
- 'Here Comes Honey Boo Boo' Future In Question With Possible Sex Offender Connection
- Gotham Awards Nominees Announced: 'Boyhood' & 'Birdman' Lead Way
- Create Advertising Group Ups Carrie Gormley & Jonathan Gitlin
- Karen Pittman Joins 'The Americans'; Gloria Reuben In 'Mr. Robot'
- 'Below Deck' Renewed For Third Season By Bravo