Piers Morgan, the CNN host who was editor of News Corp’s now-shuttered News of the World between 1994-95, will appear next week before a UK inquiry investigating media ethics in the wake of the tabloid’s phone-hacking scandal. The Piers Morgan Tonight host and former America’s Got Talent judge had said over Thanksgiving that he would appear soon, and today his PR rep confirmed that he will do so sometime next week. The panel has already heard from such victims as Sienna Miller, JK Rowling and Hugh Grant. Morgan likely will face questions about allegations that he allowed hacking while working at another UK tabloid, the Daily Mirror, and that he personally listened to intercepted voicemails; he has denied such charges.
Piers Morgan To Answer Hacking Questions At UK Inquiry Next Week
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Film Arcade And Paramount Team On Romantic Comedy 'Love, Rosie'
- Pete Hammond's Telluride Q&A With Makers Of 'The Imitation Game' (Video)
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Remains In Serious Condition Following Thursday Cardiac Arrest
- UPDATE: Abrams Artists & 'Ghost Adventures' Producer End Commissions Dispute
- Wil Wheaton Blogs His Syfy Show Is Toast
- Miranda Mayo Joins 'Pretty Little Liars'; Samm Levine In 'Selfie'