EXCLUSIVE: Paramount Pictures has acquired screen rights to the Colleen Houck novel Tiger’s Curse. Mary Parent will produce through her Disruption Entertainment banner with Raphael Kryszek. The novel is about a 17-year-old girl who takes a temp job caring for a white tiger at the local circus and sets off on an epic adventure when she discovers the tiger is a cursed Indian prince who turns into a man for only 24 minutes per day. Their quest to end the curse leads them through exotic locales in India and brushes with Hindu gods and goddesses. Houck originally self-published the title on Kindle Books; after it reached No. 1 on the bestseller fiction list, the book was published by Splinter and is currently near the top of the New York Times Children’s list. The book has been translated into 15 languages.
Paramount Pictures Acquires Bestselling Book 'Tiger's Curse' For Mary Parent
What's Hot on Deadline
'Gods Of Egypt': 'Selma' Director Ava DuVernay Responds To Alex Proyas & Lionsgate Apology For Lack Of Diversity - Update
Black Friday Box Office Explodes: Top 20 Pics +112% Over Thanksgiving; Katniss Eyes $74.4M 5-Day - Saturday AM Update
Two-Time Oscar Winner Jane Fonda Back In The Hunt For 'Youth' Three Decades After Her Last Nomination
Universal Lands Hot Novel 'The Girl Before'; Ron Howard To Direct, Brian Grazer & Michael De Luca To Produce
Latest Film News
- ‘The Assassin’, ‘Carol’, ‘Mad Max: Fury Road’ Top BFI Sight & Sound’s Best…
- Will DiCaprio, Depp Or Smith Nab Best Actor Oscar Or Does Redmayne Take It Again? — Awardsline
- ‘Gods Of Egypt’: ‘Selma’ Director Ava DuVernay Responds To Alex Proyas & Lionsgate Apology For Lack Of Diversity…
- ‘Steve Jobs’ Composer Daniel Pemberton: Video Of ‘Circle Of Machines’ Performance
- Deadline’s The Contenders: ‘Son Of Saul’ Director László Nemes & Star Géza Röhrig Discuss The Harrowing Cannes Winner’s Journey…
- What Is This ‘Project Delirium’ Jennifer Lawrence Wants To Direct?