EXCLUSIVE: Paramount Pictures has acquired screen rights to the Colleen Houck novel Tiger’s Curse. Mary Parent will produce through her Disruption Entertainment banner with Raphael Kryszek. The novel is about a 17-year-old girl who takes a temp job caring for a white tiger at the local circus and sets off on an epic adventure when she discovers the tiger is a cursed Indian prince who turns into a man for only 24 minutes per day. Their quest to end the curse leads them through exotic locales in India and brushes with Hindu gods and goddesses. Houck originally self-published the title on Kindle Books; after it reached No. 1 on the bestseller fiction list, the book was published by Splinter and is currently near the top of the New York Times Children’s list. The book has been translated into 15 languages.
Paramount Pictures Acquires Bestselling Book 'Tiger's Curse' For Mary Parent
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fifty Shades' Dominant With $277M WW; 'La La' Lands $200M+ Overseas; 'XXX' Tops In China - International Box Office
Latest Film News
- Holdovers Reign Over Presidents’ Day Weekend, But Why Did The New Releases Tank?
- ‘Fifty Shades’ Dominant With $277M WW; ‘La La’ Lands $200M+ Overseas; ‘XXX’ Tops In China – International…
- CAS Awards: ‘La La Land’, ‘Game Of Thrones’ Among Winners – Full List
- Shia LaBeouf, Luke Turner & Nastja Säde Rönkkö's Anti-Trump Project Goes West
- [PHOTOS] 2017 Oscar Nominees Part 1: Casey Affleck, Denzel Washington, Pharrell Williams, Damien Chazelle & More
- ‘Song to Song’ Trailer: Ryan Gosling, Rooney Mara & Michael Fassbender Get Caught Up In A Love Triangle