UPDATE: Just a reminder that the Academy of Motion Picture Arts & Sciences officially mailed out its nominations ballots today to the 5,783 voting members for the 84th Annual Academy Awards. Those ballots have to be returned to PricewaterhouseCoopers when the polls close on January 13th at 5 PM PT. Ballots received after that deadline will not be counted. That’s so the Academy can announce its nominations live on January 24th and then telecast the Oscars live on February 26th. Nomination and final Awards ballots are tabulated by PricewaterhouseCoopers to ensure that all aspects of the balloting process are conducted with fairness and accuracy. Prior to mailing, the PricewaterhouseCoopers staff administers a thorough verification process to ensure that there are no duplicate ballots and that none are missing. In addition to being counted and sorted, the ballots are numbered to guarantee that each one is addressed to the appropriate Academy voter. The Oscar nominations will be announced live on January 24th at 5:30 AM PT in the Academy’s Samuel Goldwyn Theater. Academy Awards for outstanding film achievements of 2011 will be presented on February 26th at the Kodak Theatre and televised live by the ABC Television Network. The Oscar presentation also will be televised live in more than 225 countries worldwide.
OSCARS: Nomination Ballots Mailed Today
What's Hot on Deadline
John Oliver Offers Donald Trump His Emmy Award If Candidate Will Accept Election Results On November 8
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
'Jack Reacher' Cuffs $31M But 'Mechanic' Puts Wrench Into China Perf; 'Girl', 'Inferno', 'Peregrine' Advance - Intl Box Office
Latest Awards News
- Gotham Awards Nominations: ‘Manchester By The Sea’, ‘Moonlight’ Lead Way
- Uh-Oh, Older White Male Contenders Are Piling Into A Diverse Awards Season
- Hollywood Film Awards To Honor Tom Ford, Marc Platt & Kenneth Lonergan
- Ben Mendelsohn And Benedict Andrews Discuss ‘Una’: “I Haven’t Reacted Like That To A Script In A Long Time”…
- Jon Favreau To Receive Cinema Audio Society Filmmaker Award
- International Emmys Create Short-Form Series Category For 2017; Announce Kids Nominees