Peter Weller’s reps confirm he’s joining the cast of JJ Abrams’ Star Trek sequel, in what is a principal role but one they would not specify. Weller, best known in feature sci-fi circles for his iconic role as Robocop, has been busy as a director, and for acting stints on 24, Dexter, Fringe and Psych. Paramount will release the Star Trek sequel May 17, 2013. Alice Eve and Benicio Del Toro are likely to take part, joining the returning original cast that is headed by Chris Pine and Zachary Quinto. Who should Weller play? Paramount and Abrams spent the weekend knocking down a speculative report Del Toro would play the Kahn role that Ricardo Montalban played in the original Star Trek series and the 1982 feature film. Weller’s repped by APA and BMP.
Original 'Robocop' Peter Weller Adds To Sci-Fi Resume With 'Star Trek' Sequel
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Jeremy Lovering To Helm Sony Horror Pic 'The Bringing,' Inspired By Cecil Hotel
- Sony Pictures Taps 'Iron Man 3′ Helmer Shane Black To Direct 'The Destroyer'
- Miramax Films Bolsters Funding
- Akiva Goldsman Circling 'Ring 3′ Rewrite
- Patrick Warburton Back For 'Ted' Sequel
- Stork Visit For Milla Jovovich Postpones 'Resident Evil 6′