Peter Weller’s reps confirm he’s joining the cast of JJ Abrams’ Star Trek sequel, in what is a principal role but one they would not specify. Weller, best known in feature sci-fi circles for his iconic role as Robocop, has been busy as a director, and for acting stints on 24, Dexter, Fringe and Psych. Paramount will release the Star Trek sequel May 17, 2013. Alice Eve and Benicio Del Toro are likely to take part, joining the returning original cast that is headed by Chris Pine and Zachary Quinto. Who should Weller play? Paramount and Abrams spent the weekend knocking down a speculative report Del Toro would play the Kahn role that Ricardo Montalban played in the original Star Trek series and the 1982 feature film. Weller’s repped by APA and BMP.
Original 'Robocop' Peter Weller Adds To Sci-Fi Resume With 'Star Trek' Sequel
What's Hot on Deadline
Sly Stallone Confirmed, Star Lord's Parents' Sex Life Discussed In Hilarious 'Guardians Of The Galaxy 2' Trailer - Comic-Con
Cristina Ferrare Out, Replaced By Debbie Matenopoulos As Co-Host Of Hallmark Channel's 'Home & Family'
Latest Film News
- Hollywood Has Collected More Than $860M In Foreign Levies
- ‘Star Trek Beyond’ Launches To $59M; ‘Lights Out’ Electrifies; ‘Ice Age’ Tepid; ‘Ghostbusters’ No Cinderella Story – Box…
- ‘Soul On Bikes’ About African-American Biker Gang Picked Up For Film Adaptation
- Eddie Redmayne Joins Morten Tyldum In Black Bear’s ‘The Last Days Of Night’
- Jackie Chan-Starring ‘Skiptrace’ Bows Big In China With $62M+ Debut
- Brad Turell Exiting Paradigm To Launch Media Consulting Startup