Peter Weller’s reps confirm he’s joining the cast of JJ Abrams’ Star Trek sequel, in what is a principal role but one they would not specify. Weller, best known in feature sci-fi circles for his iconic role as Robocop, has been busy as a director, and for acting stints on 24, Dexter, Fringe and Psych. Paramount will release the Star Trek sequel May 17, 2013. Alice Eve and Benicio Del Toro are likely to take part, joining the returning original cast that is headed by Chris Pine and Zachary Quinto. Who should Weller play? Paramount and Abrams spent the weekend knocking down a speculative report Del Toro would play the Kahn role that Ricardo Montalban played in the original Star Trek series and the 1982 feature film. Weller’s repped by APA and BMP.
Original 'Robocop' Peter Weller Adds To Sci-Fi Resume With 'Star Trek' Sequel
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Kate Bosworth, Michael Polish Launch Montana Art School; Night Fox To Produce Horror Pic ‘Streetwalkers’ – Film…
- Deadpool’s Thank You Vs. ‘Golden Girls’ Opening Theme: Who Swore It Better?
- How My Struggle As A Survivor Of Sexual Abuse Became ‘The Tale’, A Movie I Hope Will Change The World – Guest…
- The Week In Deadline Videos & Podcasts: Ron Howard, Will Yun Lee & Natalie Dormer
- ‘Insidious: The Last Key’ Locks Up $100M+ Overseas For Franchise First
- Hollywood Tweets On Bailed Weinstein: “We Were All Silent For So Long”