NBC’s primetime woes are beginning to spill into late-night. Both The Tonight Show With Jay Leno and Late Night With Jimmy Fallon suffered double-digit year-to-year declines last month, giving CBS’ late-night lineup historic wins. Late Show With David Letterman (0.9/4 in 18-49, 3.41 million total viewers) posted its first November sweep victory over The Tonight Show (0.8/3, 3.60 million) among adults 18-49 in 17 years, since Late Show‘s second season in 1994. Late Show was even in 18-49 vs. last November (down 8% in total viewers), while Tonight Show was down 20% (4% in total viewers). The latter still prevailed in total viewers. CBS’ Late Late Show With Craig Ferguson (0.6/3 in 18-49, 1.63 million) was the only late-night show on the broadcast networks to grow year-to-year in 18-49. It was up 20% (down 7% in total viewers) to post the franchise’s first ever demo November sweep victory over NBC’s Late Night (0.5/3, 1.73 million). The latter show, currently hosted by Jimmy Fallon, was down 17% year-to-year and flat in total viewers, a category it won. ABC’s Jimmy Kimmel Live! (0.6/3, 1.97 million) tied Craig Ferguson and beat Fallon. It was even in 18-49 vs. last year and was the only broadcast late-night show to post growth in total viewers, up 7%.
NOVEMBER SWEEP: CBS' 'Late Show' Tops 'Tonight' For 1st Time In 17 Years, 'Late Late Show' Posts First Victory Over 'Late Night'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Suits' Spinoff Starring Gina Torres To Be Introduced In 'Suits' Season 7 Finale, Will Be About Chicago Politics
'Deadpool 2' Stunt Crash Victim ID'd As First African-American Female Pro Road Racer; Director & Fox "Deeply Saddened" - Update
'Logan Lucky' Review: Channing Tatum & Game Cast Steal Lots Of Laughs In Soderbergh's Directorial Return
Latest TV News
- ‘Locke & Key’: Frances O'Connor To Star In Hulu Pilot From Carlton Cuse & Joe Hill
- HBO Social Media Hacked on Twitter, Facebook Pages
- Jimmy Kimmel Hears From Donald Trump Voters; Kellyanne Conway Discusses Damage Control
- Ric Reitz Re-Elected President Of SAG-AFTRA Atlanta Local, Continues Run Of Wins For Gabrielle Carteris Supporters
- New York Talent Agent Mark Schlegel Missing Since Sunday, Family Says
- 'For The People': Jasmin Savoy Brown To Star In New Shondaland ABC Series