NBC’s primetime woes are beginning to spill into late-night. Both The Tonight Show With Jay Leno and Late Night With Jimmy Fallon suffered double-digit year-to-year declines last month, giving CBS’ late-night lineup historic wins. Late Show With David Letterman (0.9/4 in 18-49, 3.41 million total viewers) posted its first November sweep victory over The Tonight Show (0.8/3, 3.60 million) among adults 18-49 in 17 years, since Late Show‘s second season in 1994. Late Show was even in 18-49 vs. last November (down 8% in total viewers), while Tonight Show was down 20% (4% in total viewers). The latter still prevailed in total viewers. CBS’ Late Late Show With Craig Ferguson (0.6/3 in 18-49, 1.63 million) was the only late-night show on the broadcast networks to grow year-to-year in 18-49. It was up 20% (down 7% in total viewers) to post the franchise’s first ever demo November sweep victory over NBC’s Late Night (0.5/3, 1.73 million). The latter show, currently hosted by Jimmy Fallon, was down 17% year-to-year and flat in total viewers, a category it won. ABC’s Jimmy Kimmel Live! (0.6/3, 1.97 million) tied Craig Ferguson and beat Fallon. It was even in 18-49 vs. last year and was the only broadcast late-night show to post growth in total viewers, up 7%.
NOVEMBER SWEEP: CBS' 'Late Show' Tops 'Tonight' For 1st Time In 17 Years, 'Late Late Show' Posts First Victory Over 'Late Night'
What's Hot on Deadline
Roman Polanski On Netflix Impact On Moviegoing: "I Don't Think It's A Basic Threat For Cinema" - Cannes
Latest TV News
- Ryan Murphy On The Risk And Reward Of Setting His Own Path – Deadline Disruptors
- Donald Trump Gets ‘Bachelor’ Bashed By California Lt. Governor Over Paris Accord
- Zbigniew Brzezinski Dies: Jimmy Carter’s National Security Adviser & MSNBC Host Mika Brzezinski’s Father…
- Donald Trump Son-In Law Jared Kushner Discussed Secret Communication Channel With Russia: Report
- Stephen Colbert Explains How Donald Trump Alpha-Dogged His Way Through NATO Summit
- ‘The Simpsons’: Donald Trump Gets A Thank-You From Richard Nixon’s Ghost