EXCLUSIVE: Nick Swardson and TJ Miller have been cast in ShadowMachine’s R-rated stop-motion animated Hell & Back, a comedy about two best friends who must rescue their pal when he is accidentally dragged to hell. The film is set to begin shooting in January with Tommy Gianas (Tenacious D) and Ross Shuman directing; ShadowMachine principals Alexander Bulkley and Corey Campodonico are producing. The company has been ramping up its feature activity after success with Robot Chicken and Morel Orel on Adult Swim. Swardson, a stand-up comic and writer whose most recent acting credit is 30 Minutes Or Less and who also starred in Bucky Larson: Born To Be A Star, is repped by CAA and Brillstein Entertainment. Miller, a fellow stand-up, recently landed a lead in Fox’s comedy pilot Little Brother. He is repped by WME and 3 Arts.
Nick Swardson And TJ Miller Cast In Stop-Motion Pic 'Hell & Back'
What's Hot on Deadline
Keaton Jones Facebook Video Gone After Mom's Confederate Flag Photos Surface: Is Hollywood Still "KeatonStrong"?
Donald Trump Tweets Sen. Gillibrand Offered To "Do Anything" When "Begging" For Campaign Contributions
Latest Film News
- Bruce Brown Dies: Surf Movie Pioneer Who Sought The Perfect Wave For ‘Endless Summer’ Was 80
- Ian Chen & Jovan Armand Join ‘Shazam!’, Brian 'Astro' Bradley Jr. Cast In ‘Luce’
- Justin Chon, Filmmaker Behind ‘Gook’ At Sundance, Will Direct Next Feature For Macro
- Cinedigm Acquires Rights To High School Comedy ‘Dear Dictator’
- Ari Sandel To Direct ‘Goosebumps’ Movie At Sony, But Which One?
- The Global Box Office Awakens: ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ Could Power To $440M Opening