EXCLUSIVE: Nick Swardson and TJ Miller have been cast in ShadowMachine’s R-rated stop-motion animated Hell & Back, a comedy about two best friends who must rescue their pal when he is accidentally dragged to hell. The film is set to begin shooting in January with Tommy Gianas (Tenacious D) and Ross Shuman directing; ShadowMachine principals Alexander Bulkley and Corey Campodonico are producing. The company has been ramping up its feature activity after success with Robot Chicken and Morel Orel on Adult Swim. Swardson, a stand-up comic and writer whose most recent acting credit is 30 Minutes Or Less and who also starred in Bucky Larson: Born To Be A Star, is repped by CAA and Brillstein Entertainment. Miller, a fellow stand-up, recently landed a lead in Fox’s comedy pilot Little Brother. He is repped by WME and 3 Arts.
Nick Swardson And TJ Miller Cast In Stop-Motion Pic 'Hell & Back'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Bulgaria’s Oscar Entry ‘The Judgment’ Unexpectedly Timely Amid Europe’s Migrant Crisis
- ‘Steve Jobs’ Review: A Smart And Complex Movie That Perfectly Fits The Man Himself
- Gene Allen Dies: Ex-Academy President & ‘My Fair Lady’ Oscar Winner Was 97
- ‘In Jackson Heights’ Trailer: 50 Years Of Frederick Wiseman Docus
- Live-Action ‘Tiger & Bunny’ Coming From Imagine And Anew
- Christopher Nolan Mum On New Project At London Film Festival Talk