EXCLUSIVE: Nick Swardson and TJ Miller have been cast in ShadowMachine’s R-rated stop-motion animated Hell & Back, a comedy about two best friends who must rescue their pal when he is accidentally dragged to hell. The film is set to begin shooting in January with Tommy Gianas (Tenacious D) and Ross Shuman directing; ShadowMachine principals Alexander Bulkley and Corey Campodonico are producing. The company has been ramping up its feature activity after success with Robot Chicken and Morel Orel on Adult Swim. Swardson, a stand-up comic and writer whose most recent acting credit is 30 Minutes Or Less and who also starred in Bucky Larson: Born To Be A Star, is repped by CAA and Brillstein Entertainment. Miller, a fellow stand-up, recently landed a lead in Fox’s comedy pilot Little Brother. He is repped by WME and 3 Arts.
Nick Swardson And TJ Miller Cast In Stop-Motion Pic 'Hell & Back'
What's Hot on Deadline
Cloris Leachman On Gene Wilder & The 'Young Frankenstein' Scene That Cracked Him Up: "We Had To Do It 14 Times"
Bruce Lee-Inspired Crime Drama ‘Warrior’ From Justin Lin & 'Banshee' Co-Creator Gets Cinemax Pilot Order
Latest Film News
- ‘Underground’ Exec Producer Mike Jackson On Challenging “Homogenous” Hollywood & Having John Legend As…
- Tao Okamoto, Japanese Pop Star Kihiro, And Haruka Abe Cast In ‘She’s Just A Shadow’
- ‘Insidious: Chapter 4’ Rounds Out Final Cast
- ‘Arrow’s Colton Haynes Cast In ‘Rock That Body’
- ‘Ordinary World’ Gets Fall Release Date; ‘Walden’ Adds Demián Bichir & T.J. Miller
- Belgium Selects ‘The Ardennes’ For Foreign Language Oscar Race; Korea Taps Spy Film ‘Age Of Shadows’