Mike Leigh has been named president of the jury for the 62nd Berlin International Film Festival. The British director’s films have been invited to Berlin in various sections in the past including 1984’s Meantime, 1998’s short The Short And Curlies, 1991’s Life Is Sweet and 2008’s Happy-Go-Lucky for which Sally Hawkins took the Silver Bear for Best Actress. Leigh’s latest film, Another Year, ran in competition in Cannes in 2010 and was nominated for an original screenplay Oscar. Berlin runs from Feb 9-19, 2012.
Mike Leigh To Preside Over Berlin Jury
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
UPDATE: 'Cops' Bryce Dion Killed By Friendly Fire In Omaha While Filming Response To Wendy's Robbery
More From Tartaglione
- 'Maze Runner' Races To $37.6M Internationally With No. 1s In 50 Countries; 'Apes' Crosses $100M In China
- Peter Kujawski Named Managing Director Of Universal Pictures Int'l Productions
- 'Mommy' To Rep Canada In Foreign-Lingo Oscar Race; Belgium Picks 'Two Days, One Night'
- Annabelle Wallis Joins Armie Hammer In Psychological Thriller 'Mine'
- Scotland Votes To Remain In The UK: Political Changes Loom, Effect On Film & TV Biz Uncertain
- Scottish Independence Vote: If The Ayes Have It, What Happens For Film & TV Biz?