Mike Leigh has been named president of the jury for the 62nd Berlin International Film Festival. The British director’s films have been invited to Berlin in various sections in the past including 1984’s Meantime, 1998’s short The Short And Curlies, 1991’s Life Is Sweet and 2008’s Happy-Go-Lucky for which Sally Hawkins took the Silver Bear for Best Actress. Leigh’s latest film, Another Year, ran in competition in Cannes in 2010 and was nominated for an original screenplay Oscar. Berlin runs from Feb 9-19, 2012.
Mike Leigh To Preside Over Berlin Jury
What's Hot on Deadline
Keaton Jones Facebook Video Gone After Mom's Confederate Flag Photos Surface: Is Hollywood Still "KeatonStrong"?
'Jumanji: Welcome To The Jungle' Review: Dwayne Johnson, Kevin Hart & Jack Black Are In The Game, But Laughs Don't Come Easily
Seth Rogen To Play Walter Cronkite In 'Newsflash;' David Gordon Green-Helmed Pic On CBS JFK Assassination Coverage
Latest Film News
- ‘Jumanji: Welcome To The Jungle’ Review: Dwayne Johnson, Kevin Hart & Jack Black Are In The Game, But Laughs Don’t Come…
- Who Reps The Black List 2017 Scripts: The Charts
- ‘Darkest Hour’s Gary Oldman Joins Director Joe Wright And Tells Why He Almost Turned Down The Role Of Churchill – The Contenders…
- ’13 Reasons Why’ Star Katherine Langford To Topline YA Film ‘Spontaneous’
- ‘Detective Pikachu’ Gets Summer 2019 Release Date
- Saudi Arabia: Theater Owners Trade Group Has “Extensive Plans” For Kingdom’s Cinemas