Mike Leigh has been named president of the jury for the 62nd Berlin International Film Festival. The British director’s films have been invited to Berlin in various sections in the past including 1984’s Meantime, 1998’s short The Short And Curlies, 1991’s Life Is Sweet and 2008’s Happy-Go-Lucky for which Sally Hawkins took the Silver Bear for Best Actress. Leigh’s latest film, Another Year, ran in competition in Cannes in 2010 and was nominated for an original screenplay Oscar. Berlin runs from Feb 9-19, 2012.
Mike Leigh To Preside Over Berlin Jury
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: 2nd Best Sunday $60M+; 3-Day $201M+; 4-Day To Shred 'Jurassic World' & Possibly 'Last Jedi'
Winter Olympics: Adam Rippon Turns Down NBC Correspondent Position, Net Struggles With Broadcast Gaffes — Update
Olympic Curling Medalist From Russia Busted For Doping; Wardrobe Malfunction Leaves French Ice Dancer Exposed
Latest Film News
- ‘Black Panther’: Hollywood Cannot Stop Praising The Groundbreaking Marvel Blockbuster
- Oscars Street Closures: When & Where To Expect Detours, Delays
- SAG-AFTRA Closes “Wigging” Probe, Says It “Remains Committed” To Ending Practice Of Men Doubling…
- Activist Organization Hosts Voter Registration Events At ‘Black Panther’ Screenings
- Blue Fox Hires Myriad Pictures’ Audrey Delaney As Marketing & Distribution SVP – Berlin
- José Padilha Lifts The Lid On ‘7 Days In Entebbe’ – Berlin