Mike Leigh has been named president of the jury for the 62nd Berlin International Film Festival. The British director’s films have been invited to Berlin in various sections in the past including 1984’s Meantime, 1998’s short The Short And Curlies, 1991’s Life Is Sweet and 2008’s Happy-Go-Lucky for which Sally Hawkins took the Silver Bear for Best Actress. Leigh’s latest film, Another Year, ran in competition in Cannes in 2010 and was nominated for an original screenplay Oscar. Berlin runs from Feb 9-19, 2012.
Mike Leigh To Preside Over Berlin Jury
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
More From Tartaglione
- 'Hobbit' Rules While Chinese, Indian And French Films Make Noise: Intl BO Update
- Aamir Khan's 'PK' Bests His 'Dhoom 3′ In Record U.S. Bow For Bollywood (Video)
- Foreign Language Oscar Shortlist: 'Force Majeure', 'Ida' In; 'White God', 'Mommy' Miss Cut
- Will Sony Hack Impact UK Channel 4's North Korea Spy Thriller 'Opposite Number'?
- Q&A: Adopt Films' Tim Grady On Getting Americans To See Foreign-Lingo Movies
- Foreign Language Oscar Shortlist: A Preview Of Possibilities, Part 3