Noble Jones, who cut his teeth directing commercials, videos for Taylor Swift and Mary J. Blige, and handling second unit for David Fincher on The Social Network, hopes to make his feature directing debut on an updated low budget remake of American Psycho. Jones, who was Grammy nominated for his documentary 10 Days Out: Blues From the Backroads, is a Fincher protege who pitched the project months ago to Lionsgate, which holds the remake rights. Jones turned in a script about a month ago, but the project has suddenly become buzzed about because it hit the tracking reports that have become the cornerstone of trade reporting. His take was to tap the Bret Easton Ellis novel and turn it into a down and dirty new version that imagines how yuppie serial killer Patrick Bateman would fare in New York today, factoring in how the world has changed since the 2000 film that starred Christian Bale. Noble’s repped by WME and Anonymous Content.
Lionsgate Plots Microbudget Remake Of 'American Psycho'
What's Hot on Deadline
Sean Spicer Says Melissa McCarthy 'Saturday Night Live' Parody "Funny"; Sean Hannity Reminds Him It's Not
'Marvel's The Defenders' Stuns Fans With Debut Episode Screening & New Trailer For Netflix Series - Comic-Con
From ‘Fauda’s Assaf Bernstein On ‘Rose Madder' To ‘The Shining’ Onstage: What’s Behind Stephen King’s Hollywood Renaissance?
Comic-Con: 'Outlander' EP Ronald D Moore Talks Seasons 3 & 4, Diana Gabaldon, 'Battlestar Galactica' & The Changing SDCC
Latest Film News
- Pamela Adlon Joins Cast Of ‘Transformers’ Spinoff ‘Bumblebee’
- ‘Justice League’ Trailer: Wonder Woman Saves School Children, But Is Superman Still Alive? – Comic-Con
- Ben Affleck Refutes ‘Batman’ Exit Rumor: “So Thrilled To Do It” – Comic-Con
- ‘Aquaman’ & Jason Momoa Rock In Comic-Con Presentation
- ‘Blade Runner 2049’: New Footage Shown; Harrison Ford Says His Goal Is To Reboot Franchises – Comic-Con
- Steven Spielberg Shows Off First ‘Ready Player One’ Footage At Comic-Con – Watch