Noble Jones, who cut his teeth directing commercials, videos for Taylor Swift and Mary J. Blige, and handling second unit for David Fincher on The Social Network, hopes to make his feature directing debut on an updated low budget remake of American Psycho. Jones, who was Grammy nominated for his documentary 10 Days Out: Blues From the Backroads, is a Fincher protege who pitched the project months ago to Lionsgate, which holds the remake rights. Jones turned in a script about a month ago, but the project has suddenly become buzzed about because it hit the tracking reports that have become the cornerstone of trade reporting. His take was to tap the Bret Easton Ellis novel and turn it into a down and dirty new version that imagines how yuppie serial killer Patrick Bateman would fare in New York today, factoring in how the world has changed since the 2000 film that starred Christian Bale. Noble’s repped by WME and Anonymous Content.
Lionsgate Plots Microbudget Remake Of 'American Psycho'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Don't Breathe' Screams $26M+, Gives Sony 3rd Summer Cash Cow After 'Sausage Party', 'Shallows': Sunday Update
Cars Damaged During 'Leisure Seeker' Shoot In Atlanta: Production Says It Will Pay Deductibles -- Update
'Bourne' Back At #1; 'Ice Age' Skates To $300M+ Offshore; 'Pets' Prances Past $700M WW - Intl Box Office
Latest Film News
- ‘Team Thor’: See What The God Of Thunder Was Up To During ‘Captain America: Civil War’
- ‘Bourne’ Back At #1; ‘Ice Age’ Skates To $300M+ Offshore; ‘Pets’ Prances Past $700M WW – Intl…
- Cars Damaged During ‘Leisure Seeker’ Shoot In Atlanta: Production Says It Will Pay Deductibles — Update
- Werner Herzog Says He Teaches Film Students “Sacred Rite Of Trespassing”
- ‘Southside With You' Has Solid Debut Weekend Date: Specialty Box Office
- ‘Don’t Breathe’ Screams $26M+, Gives Sony 3rd Summer Cash Cow After ‘Sausage Party’, ‘Shallows’…