Neither of Lifetime’s freshman series will make it to a second season. Following the September cancellation of The Protector, Lifetime recently quietly opted not to renew Against the Wall. The cop/family drama, which drew largely positive reviews, premiered with soft 1.8 million viewers, on par with The Protector‘s 1.9 million. Neither series showed growth throughout their freshman run, leading to Lifetime’s decision not to go forward with either of them. In light of that, the network recently ordered 10 more episodes of veteran Army Wives to use as a launching pad for new shows, along with Drop Dead Diva. Lifetime has on tap The Client List, based on the successful movie, with Jennifer Love Hewitt reprising her role, as well as pilots Modern Love starring Eric Stoltz, American Housewife starring Melanie Griffith and movie/backdoor pilot Sworn To Secrecy starring Neve Campbell.
Lifetime Cancels Drama 'Against The Wall'
What's Hot on Deadline
Trevor Noah Fracas "Much Ado About Nothing," Millennials Get Him, Says Aasif Mandvi, Quoting 451-Year-Old Playwright
Latest TV News
- AOL, Fox Sports Partner For Online-Video Coproduction, Distribution
- IFC Joins Growing List Of TV Networks Waiting For Live + 3 Ratings Stats
- UTA Brings In Two More CAA Agents — 10 Total Now
- USA Network To Air NHL Playoff Games For First Time In 30 Years
- Monica Lewinsky Invited To ‘The View’ As Search For Rosie Replacement Continues
- David Duchovny Talks ‘The X-Files’ On Letterman: Guess Who’s Coming Back