Neither of Lifetime’s freshman series will make it to a second season. Following the September cancellation of The Protector, Lifetime recently quietly opted not to renew Against the Wall. The cop/family drama, which drew largely positive reviews, premiered with soft 1.8 million viewers, on par with The Protector‘s 1.9 million. Neither series showed growth throughout their freshman run, leading to Lifetime’s decision not to go forward with either of them. In light of that, the network recently ordered 10 more episodes of veteran Army Wives to use as a launching pad for new shows, along with Drop Dead Diva. Lifetime has on tap The Client List, based on the successful movie, with Jennifer Love Hewitt reprising her role, as well as pilots Modern Love starring Eric Stoltz, American Housewife starring Melanie Griffith and movie/backdoor pilot Sworn To Secrecy starring Neve Campbell.
Lifetime Cancels Drama 'Against The Wall'
What's Hot on Deadline
Ryan Lochte Teammate James Feigen Apologizes, Details Rio Gas Station Gaffe & Brazilian Authorities' Big Fine Demands
Oscars: Saudi Arabia Enters 'Barakah Meets Barakah' In Foreign Language Race; Kingdom's Second Submission Ever
'Pawn Stars' Regular Austin 'Chumlee' Russell Will Plead Guilty To Drug Charge, Avoid Jail Time - Update
Latest TV News
- ‘Survivor’s Remorse’ Renewed For Fourth Season On Starz
- Comedy Central Orders James Davis TV Series Inspired By His Snapchat Show
- CMT Orders Soapy Hourlong Pilot ‘His Wives & Daughters’
- ‘Nashville’ Gets Season 5 Premiere Date On CMT, Anchors Net’s Scripted Lineup
- ‘Better Late Than Never’ Ratings Debut Solid, ‘View’ Special Doesn’t Get Many Viewers
- Channel 4 Orders ‘The Bisexual’ Comedy From Desiree Akhavan – Edinburgh