In light of AFTRA National Director of Communication Christopher de Haan’s pending departure, the actors union has promoted PR executive Leslie Simmons to Assistant Director, AFTRA National Communications Department. Simmons is expected to head AFTRA’s communications department after de Haan leaves on December 16 to join entertainment PR firm 42West an executive in the Strategic Communications division. Simmons joined AFTRA in 2008 after a stint as a journalist.
Leslie Simmons Promoted To Top AFTRA Communications Post
What's Hot on Deadline
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
'The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon' Showrunner Josh Lieb Departs For Uni TV Overall Deal, Trio Promoted To Run Show
Latest TV News
- Michael Gleason Dies; ‘Remington Steele’ Co-Creator Was 78
- Charter Fails To Get Byron Allen’s $10B Racial Discrimination Suit Dismissed
- ‘Ice’: Antoine Fuqua Pulls Back, Remains Executive Producer On DirecTV Series
- Lady Gaga Talks Super Bowl, Shouts At Drivers In ‘Carpool Karaoke’ Sneak Peek
- Obama Tells Jimmy Kimmel That Donald Trump’s Debate Performances Make Him Laugh
- CBS Developing ‘Under Suspicion’ Book Series Adaptation From John Glenn