In light of AFTRA National Director of Communication Christopher de Haan’s pending departure, the actors union has promoted PR executive Leslie Simmons to Assistant Director, AFTRA National Communications Department. Simmons is expected to head AFTRA’s communications department after de Haan leaves on December 16 to join entertainment PR firm 42West an executive in the Strategic Communications division. Simmons joined AFTRA in 2008 after a stint as a journalist.
Leslie Simmons Promoted To Top AFTRA Communications Post
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: "We Had No Choice," Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
'The Interview' Release Would Have Damaged Kim Jong Un Internally, Says Rand Expert Who Saw Movie At Sony's Request
More From Andreeva
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'
- Christina Aguilera-Produced Dramedy, Twitter-Based Comedy, Shakespeare-Themed Drama On Prospect Park's Slate