Former Law & Order: SVU star Chris Meloni has lined up his next series gig, a regular role on the upcoming fifth season of HBO’s drama True Blood. Series creator/executive producer Alan Ball told TVLine.com, which broke the news, that Meloni will play ”an ancient, powerful vampire who holds the fate of Bill and Eric in his hands.” The deal took a long time to close over scheduling issues with the Man Of Steel Superman movie, in which Gersh-repped Meloni plays a major role. This marks Meloni’s return to HBO where he co-starred on prison drama Oz.
'Law & Order: SVU's Chris Meloni Joins HBO's 'True Blood' As New Regular
Trending Now on Deadline
Tina Fey & Robert Carlock's 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt' Moves From NBC To Netflix With 2-Season Pickup
'Constantine' Ratings Rise, 'Last Man Standing' Down, 'Shark Tank' Up, 'Blue Bloods' Even; ABC Wins Night In Demo
More From Andreeva
- SVP Alternative Among Several Eliminated Positions At CW As Part Of TW Layoffs
- Nora Arnezeder To Co-Star In 'Zoo'; Christian Campbell Joins 'True Detective'
- Paul Dano To Co-Star In Steve McQueen's HBO Pilot 'Codes Of Conduct'
- 'Jump Start' Comic Strip To Be Adapted As Family Comedy For Fox
- Resolution's Cynthia Booth & Emma Lewis Join Don Buchwald & Associates
- Tina Fey & Robert Carlock's 'Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt' Moves From NBC To Netflix With 2-Season Pickup