Former Law & Order: SVU star Chris Meloni has lined up his next series gig, a regular role on the upcoming fifth season of HBO’s drama True Blood. Series creator/executive producer Alan Ball told TVLine.com, which broke the news, that Meloni will play ”an ancient, powerful vampire who holds the fate of Bill and Eric in his hands.” The deal took a long time to close over scheduling issues with the Man Of Steel Superman movie, in which Gersh-repped Meloni plays a major role. This marks Meloni’s return to HBO where he co-starred on prison drama Oz.
'Law & Order: SVU's Chris Meloni Joins HBO's 'True Blood' As New Regular
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- ‘Saturday Night Live’ Ratings Slip With Host J.K. Simmons
- Bryan Cranston & David Shore’s 'Sneaky Pete', Civil Rights Crime Drama From Rene Balcer Get CBS Pilot Orders
- Johnny Knoxville, Jermaine Fowler Projects, NBA Buddy Show Among 7 ABC Comedy Pilot Orders
- ABC Picks Up 4 Drama Pilots
- Busy Philipps Joins HBO Comedy Series 'Vice Principals'
- Medical Drama ‘LFE’ Gets CBS Pilot Order