Former Law & Order: SVU star Chris Meloni has lined up his next series gig, a regular role on the upcoming fifth season of HBO’s drama True Blood. Series creator/executive producer Alan Ball told TVLine.com, which broke the news, that Meloni will play ”an ancient, powerful vampire who holds the fate of Bill and Eric in his hands.” The deal took a long time to close over scheduling issues with the Man Of Steel Superman movie, in which Gersh-repped Meloni plays a major role. This marks Meloni’s return to HBO where he co-starred on prison drama Oz.
'Law & Order: SVU's Chris Meloni Joins HBO's 'True Blood' As New Regular
What's Hot on Deadline
Sony Pictures Confirms Quentin Tarantino Deal; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
Actress Accuses 'Girls' EP Murray Miller Of Sexual Assault; Showrunners Lena Dunham & Jenni Konner Defend Him - Update
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Latest TV News
- Bill Maher: Don’t Lump Al Franken With Weinstein, Spacey & Donald Trump
- Wendy Pepper Dies: Contestant On First Season Of ‘Project Runway’ Was 53
- Vice Forms All-Female Advisory In Wake Of Exec’s Conduct Suspension
- ‘True Detective’: Carmen Ejogo To Star In Season 3 Of HBO Anthology Series
- AT&T-Time Warner Merger Antitrust Review Casting Pall Over Fox Talks
- Eva Longoria Teams With David Schulner & Nisha Ganatra For ‘Lucky Boy’ Immigrant Drama Series Based On Book