Former Law & Order: SVU star Chris Meloni has lined up his next series gig, a regular role on the upcoming fifth season of HBO’s drama True Blood. Series creator/executive producer Alan Ball told TVLine.com, which broke the news, that Meloni will play ”an ancient, powerful vampire who holds the fate of Bill and Eric in his hands.” The deal took a long time to close over scheduling issues with the Man Of Steel Superman movie, in which Gersh-repped Meloni plays a major role. This marks Meloni’s return to HBO where he co-starred on prison drama Oz.
'Law & Order: SVU's Chris Meloni Joins HBO's 'True Blood' As New Regular
What's Hot on Deadline
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
'Jack Reacher' Cuffs $31M But 'Mechanic' Puts Wrench Into China Perf; 'Girl', 'Inferno', 'Peregrine' Advance - Intl Box Office
Latest TV News
- ‘The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon’ Showrunner Josh Lieb Departs For Uni TV Overall Deal, Trio Promoted To…
- Freeform Buys 'Bad Dates' Relationship Comedy From 'Veep's Timothy Simons
- Chris McCarthy Adds MTV Oversight With Promotion To President Of MTV, VH1 & Logo
- ‘Sunday Night Football’ Ratings Rise As Seahawks & Cardinals Game Ends In Tie
- John Oliver Offers Donald Trump His Emmy If Candidate Will Accept Election Results
- Netflix Adds $800M In Debt To Fuel Original Content And Global Growth