EXCLUSIVE: Landscape Entertainment has promoted J.J. Jamieson to the newly created position of President of Television. Additionally, Bob Cooper’s film and television production company has renewed its first-look TV deal with FremantleMedia North America. Under the pact with Fremantle, Landscape has been developing scripted series projects, mostly cable dramas. Jamieson, who previously served as SVP, has spearheaded these efforts, selling a dozen projects to such networks as HBO, USA, AMC, TNT, Lifetime, Comedy Central, Syfy, Cartoon Network, and ABC. They include the Syfy pilot Three Inches and the ABC drama Beautiful Gangsters produced by Anthony LaPaglia. “There’s always a bit of luck, though I do find that in general, the harder we work, the luckier we get,” Jamieson said of the company’s slew of TV sales. As for extending the collaboration with Fremantle, “they’ve added value to every pitch we’ve taken to the marketplace,” he said. Jamieson, whose resume includes stints as a creative executive in NBC’s Movies & Mini-Series Department and running LaPaglia’s production company, will continue to work closely with Cooper. Also promoted at Landscape is Jordan Helman to Executive Director.
Landscape Entertainment Ups J.J. Jamieson To TV Prez, Re-Signs Deal With Fremantle
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Martian' Defies 'Gravity' On Friday; 'Everest' & 'The Walk' In Large Format Quandary - Saturday AM Box Office Update
Latest TV News
- ‘Peaky Blinders’ Adds Paddy Considine, International Intrigue & More As Season 3 Shoot Begins
- ‘Dr. Ken’ Ratings Debut Solid, ‘Blue Bloods’ Viewership Rises, ABC Wins Night In Demo
- Stephen Colbert Talks Oregon Shooting, McCarthy’s Benghazi “Little White Truth”
- For ‘Limitless,’ ‘Rosewood’ And Other New Shows, Is 15 Minutes All It Takes To Win?
- Gabrielle Carteris Re-Elected As EVP Of SAG-AFTRA, National VP/LA Is Clyde Kusatsu – Update
- ‘Quantico’ Gets 2nd Encore After Strong L3 Ratings, ‘Beyond the Tank’ Pushed