EXCLUSIVE: Landscape Entertainment has promoted J.J. Jamieson to the newly created position of President of Television. Additionally, Bob Cooper’s film and television production company has renewed its first-look TV deal with FremantleMedia North America. Under the pact with Fremantle, Landscape has been developing scripted series projects, mostly cable dramas. Jamieson, who previously served as SVP, has spearheaded these efforts, selling a dozen projects to such networks as HBO, USA, AMC, TNT, Lifetime, Comedy Central, Syfy, Cartoon Network, and ABC. They include the Syfy pilot Three Inches and the ABC drama Beautiful Gangsters produced by Anthony LaPaglia. “There’s always a bit of luck, though I do find that in general, the harder we work, the luckier we get,” Jamieson said of the company’s slew of TV sales. As for extending the collaboration with Fremantle, “they’ve added value to every pitch we’ve taken to the marketplace,” he said. Jamieson, whose resume includes stints as a creative executive in NBC’s Movies & Mini-Series Department and running LaPaglia’s production company, will continue to work closely with Cooper. Also promoted at Landscape is Jordan Helman to Executive Director.
Landscape Entertainment Ups J.J. Jamieson To TV Prez, Re-Signs Deal With Fremantle
What's Hot on Deadline
Bernie Sanders: Obama Administration "Should Kill" The AT&T-Time Warner Deal: "Higher Prices & Fewer Choices"
'The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon' Showrunner Josh Lieb Departs For Uni TV Overall Deal, Trio Promoted To Run Show
Latest TV News
- ‘Nashville’ Adds ‘Harry Potter’ Alum Christian Coulson As Recurring
- Kwame Patterson Joins TNT Pilot ‘Monsters Of God’
- Wendi McLendon-Covey Teams With ‘The McCarthys’ Creator For ABC Hotel Comedy Based On Her Experiences
- Nielsen Set To Measure Out-Of-Home TV Viewing For First Time
- ‘Red Oaks’ Appropriately Channels The ’80s In Faux TV Promo
- Donald Trump’s Debate 3 Performance Outstrips Cubs Game To Win Social Race