EXCLUSIVE: Landscape Entertainment has promoted J.J. Jamieson to the newly created position of President of Television. Additionally, Bob Cooper’s film and television production company has renewed its first-look TV deal with FremantleMedia North America. Under the pact with Fremantle, Landscape has been developing scripted series projects, mostly cable dramas. Jamieson, who previously served as SVP, has spearheaded these efforts, selling a dozen projects to such networks as HBO, USA, AMC, TNT, Lifetime, Comedy Central, Syfy, Cartoon Network, and ABC. They include the Syfy pilot Three Inches and the ABC drama Beautiful Gangsters produced by Anthony LaPaglia. “There’s always a bit of luck, though I do find that in general, the harder we work, the luckier we get,” Jamieson said of the company’s slew of TV sales. As for extending the collaboration with Fremantle, “they’ve added value to every pitch we’ve taken to the marketplace,” he said. Jamieson, whose resume includes stints as a creative executive in NBC’s Movies & Mini-Series Department and running LaPaglia’s production company, will continue to work closely with Cooper. Also promoted at Landscape is Jordan Helman to Executive Director.
Landscape Entertainment Ups J.J. Jamieson To TV Prez, Re-Signs Deal With Fremantle
What's Hot on Deadline
'Pacific Rim: Uprising' Doesn't Create Waves At $26M+; 'Black Panther' Sets Marvel Record & Beats 'Avengers'
'Isle Of Dogs': Kunichi Nomura On The Asian Authenticity Of Wes Anderson's Stop-Motion Canine Adventure
Latest TV News
- Netflix Teams With Formula 1 Racing For New Series
- Bill Maher Says Breitbart & Bannon Just Bitter Hollywood Failures
- ‘The Simpsons’ Offers Fresh Video Send-up Of Trump Foibles: ‘A Tale Of Two Trumps’
- SAG-AFTRA Mourns NYC Firefighter Killed Battling Blaze On Movie Set
- DuShon Monique Brown Dies: ‘Chicago Fire’ Actress Was 49
- ‘Steps’: Ryan Michelle Bathe Cast As A Lead In ABC Comedy Pilot