Kino Lorber has landed North American rights to Putin’s Kiss, a feature-length documentary that follows the coming of age of a young woman set against the backdrop of contemporary Russian politics. Masha is a rising member of a political youth organization connected with the Kremlin and Vladimir Putin — until she discovers that the group might not be what it seems. Kino Lorber nabbed rights at the International Documentary Film Festival in Amsterdam, where the Lise Birk Pedersen-directed film had its world premiere; it also is on the slate of the upcoming Sundance Film Festival’s World Cinema Documentary sidebar. The plan is for a North American theatrical release after Sundance. Here’s the trailer:
Kino Lorber Acquires Docu 'Putin's Kiss'
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Rookie Comedies 'Selfie' & 'A To Z' Hit Hulu Ahead Of Network Premieres (Video)
- Turner CEO Says Plans For More “Streamlined, Nimble” Company Coming In Next Two Months
- Scott Adsit Joins AMC Pilot 'We Hate Paul Revere'; Sibylla Deen & Kylie Bunbury in Spike TV's 'Tut'
- Eva Longoria Joins Fox's 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine'
- Universal & Legendary Date 'Krampus,' 'Spectral'; Open Road Shifts 'Nightcrawler'
- Good Deed Entertainment Taps Myrl Schreibman As President Of Production