Kino Lorber has landed North American rights to Putin’s Kiss, a feature-length documentary that follows the coming of age of a young woman set against the backdrop of contemporary Russian politics. Masha is a rising member of a political youth organization connected with the Kremlin and Vladimir Putin — until she discovers that the group might not be what it seems. Kino Lorber nabbed rights at the International Documentary Film Festival in Amsterdam, where the Lise Birk Pedersen-directed film had its world premiere; it also is on the slate of the upcoming Sundance Film Festival’s World Cinema Documentary sidebar. The plan is for a North American theatrical release after Sundance. Here’s the trailer:
Kino Lorber Acquires Docu 'Putin's Kiss'
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Create Advertising Group Ups Carrie Gormley & Jonathan Gitlin
- Karen Pittman Joins 'The Americans'; Gloria Reuben In 'Mr. Robot'
- 'Below Deck' Renewed For Third Season By Bravo
- 'Shark Tank' Spinoff 'Beyond The Tank' Ordered At ABC
- 'Cold Justice' Spinoff Greenlit By TNT
- Hollywood Film Awards Sets 18 Categories