Kino Lorber has landed North American rights to Putin’s Kiss, a feature-length documentary that follows the coming of age of a young woman set against the backdrop of contemporary Russian politics. Masha is a rising member of a political youth organization connected with the Kremlin and Vladimir Putin — until she discovers that the group might not be what it seems. Kino Lorber nabbed rights at the International Documentary Film Festival in Amsterdam, where the Lise Birk Pedersen-directed film had its world premiere; it also is on the slate of the upcoming Sundance Film Festival’s World Cinema Documentary sidebar. The plan is for a North American theatrical release after Sundance. Here’s the trailer:
Kino Lorber Acquires Docu 'Putin's Kiss'
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Jon Lindstrom Joins 'True Detective'; Dan Buran Boards TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot
- 'Unfinished Business' Redband Trailer: Vince Vaughn And Company Invade Europe
- 'Late Late Show' Guest Hosts Include Drew Carey & Judd Apatow Ahead Of Corden Debut
- Richard Linklater To Receive Palm Springs Visionary Award For 'Boyhood'
- MPTF's Night Before Oscar Fundraiser Setting Up Shop On Fox Lot
- Matt Barr Joins TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot; Katie Sarife In 'The Michelle Knight Story'