The former CBS News producer who tried to blackmail David Letterman for $2 million has joined the staff of Investigation Discovery’s On the Case with Paula Zahn, TVNewser reported today. Joe Halderman, who was a producer for 48 Hours Mystery, joined the crime documentary show On the Case as a producer a few weeks ago. Exec producer Scott Weinberger cited “Halderman’s professional accomplishments as an Emmy award-winning producer for 48 Hours and CBS News” in a statement, adding that ”we are confident that Halderman will make significant contributions to the success of our award-winning investigative newsmagazine.” Halderman is not expected to work in the field. Halderman pleaded guilty in 2010 to the attempted extortion which backfired with Letterman himself revealed the embarrassing details about his personal life on his CBS Late Show. Letterman admitted to sleeping with members of his staff including a woman Halderman had been dating. Halderman was released from prison in September 2010.
Joe Halderman, Foiled Blackmailer Of David Letterman, Is 'On The Case With Paula Zahn'
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- UPDATE: Warner Bros Moves Up 'Entourage' Release By A Week
- Terry Keenan Dead: Longtime Business Reporter-Anchor At CNN, CNBC & Fox News
- Film Independent Spirit Awards 2015 To Be Broadcast Live On IFC
- Lyndsy Fonseca Joins 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- Jim Parsons To Star In Animated 'Elf' Holiday Special On NBC
- 'Madam Secretary' Coming To U.K. On Sky Living; NBCUniversal International Television Production Pacts With TV3 Group Ireland…