The former CBS News producer who tried to blackmail David Letterman for $2 million has joined the staff of Investigation Discovery’s On the Case with Paula Zahn, TVNewser reported today. Joe Halderman, who was a producer for 48 Hours Mystery, joined the crime documentary show On the Case as a producer a few weeks ago. Exec producer Scott Weinberger cited “Halderman’s professional accomplishments as an Emmy award-winning producer for 48 Hours and CBS News” in a statement, adding that ”we are confident that Halderman will make significant contributions to the success of our award-winning investigative newsmagazine.” Halderman is not expected to work in the field. Halderman pleaded guilty in 2010 to the attempted extortion which backfired with Letterman himself revealed the embarrassing details about his personal life on his CBS Late Show. Letterman admitted to sleeping with members of his staff including a woman Halderman had been dating. Halderman was released from prison in September 2010.
Joe Halderman, Foiled Blackmailer Of David Letterman, Is 'On The Case With Paula Zahn'
What's Hot on Deadline
How Paramount's 'Ghost In The Shell' Hacked 'Mr. Robot's Season 2 Finale & Took Social Media By Storm
Latest TV News
- ‘Dynasty’ Reboot Set At the CW With Josh Schwartz & Stephanie Savage
- Fox Orders Gordon Ramsay Live Food Variety Show ‘The F Word’
- Viacom’s New Directors Will Lead Committee Weighing CBS Deal
- Donald Trump’s Mic Really Did Have Issues, Says Debate Commission
- ‘Criminal Minds’: Damon Gupton Cast As New Regular After Thomas Gibson’s Exit
- ‘Girls’: Lena Dunham, Cast & Crew Say Goodbye As Final Episode Wraps