The former CBS News producer who tried to blackmail David Letterman for $2 million has joined the staff of Investigation Discovery’s On the Case with Paula Zahn, TVNewser reported today. Joe Halderman, who was a producer for 48 Hours Mystery, joined the crime documentary show On the Case as a producer a few weeks ago. Exec producer Scott Weinberger cited “Halderman’s professional accomplishments as an Emmy award-winning producer for 48 Hours and CBS News” in a statement, adding that ”we are confident that Halderman will make significant contributions to the success of our award-winning investigative newsmagazine.” Halderman is not expected to work in the field. Halderman pleaded guilty in 2010 to the attempted extortion which backfired with Letterman himself revealed the embarrassing details about his personal life on his CBS Late Show. Letterman admitted to sleeping with members of his staff including a woman Halderman had been dating. Halderman was released from prison in September 2010.
Joe Halderman, Foiled Blackmailer Of David Letterman, Is 'On The Case With Paula Zahn'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- TLC Tackles Arranged Marriages, Doubles Down On Weddings, Babies, Fashion Disasters – Upfronts
- Discovery Family, Velocity & More Unveil New Series – Upfronts
- Animal Planet Looks To Vodka, Bigfoot, And More Muscular Conservation – Upfronts
- Rich Ross Unveils First Discovery Channel Programming Plans – Upfronts
- Discovery Takes Controlling Interest In Eurosport France
- ‘Grace And Frankie': First Photos From Netflix Comedy Starring Jane Fonda And Lily Tomlin