The former CBS News producer who tried to blackmail David Letterman for $2 million has joined the staff of Investigation Discovery’s On the Case with Paula Zahn, TVNewser reported today. Joe Halderman, who was a producer for 48 Hours Mystery, joined the crime documentary show On the Case as a producer a few weeks ago. Exec producer Scott Weinberger cited “Halderman’s professional accomplishments as an Emmy award-winning producer for 48 Hours and CBS News” in a statement, adding that ”we are confident that Halderman will make significant contributions to the success of our award-winning investigative newsmagazine.” Halderman is not expected to work in the field. Halderman pleaded guilty in 2010 to the attempted extortion which backfired with Letterman himself revealed the embarrassing details about his personal life on his CBS Late Show. Letterman admitted to sleeping with members of his staff including a woman Halderman had been dating. Halderman was released from prison in September 2010.
Joe Halderman, Foiled Blackmailer Of David Letterman, Is 'On The Case With Paula Zahn'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Being Evel' Producer Johnny Knoxville At Sundance: Daredevil Tales And The Price Of Pushing The Envelope
More From Team
- Biz Strategist Victor Antonio Helps Families In Financial Crisis In New Spike TV Series
- ‘RuPaul’s Drag Race’ Adds 2 New Judges, Sets March Return Date
- Pierce Brosnan Super Bowl Ad Pokes Fun At Dashing Danger-Guy Image – Video
- ‘Steve Jobs’ Cast Finalized, Finally, As Shooting Begins
- Conde Nast Picks Up Three Sundance Shorts
- ‘Strange Inheritance’ Bestows Record Ratings On Fox Business Network