In her first major TV series gig, Oscar winner Jane Fonda is joining Aaron Sorkin’s upcoming HBO drama series in a recurring role. The series, set behind the scenes at a fictional cable news network, stars Jeff Daniels, Emily Mortimer, Alison Pill, John Gallagher Jr, Olivia Munn, Dev Patel, Thomas Sadoski and Sam Waterston. According to TVLine, which broke the news, Fonda will play Leona Lansing, the CEO of the cable news network’s parent company whose corporate concerns often conflict with the reporting of the news. Fonda knows a thing or two about heads of cable news networks — she was married to one, CNN founder Ted Turner.
Jane Fonda To Recur On Aaron Sorkin's HBO Series
What's Hot on Deadline
Earth Will Feel The Power Of The Force Again: Disney's 'Rogue One' On Course For $280M-$350M Global Opening - Preview
'Office Christmas Party' Gets Louder With $17M+, Though 'Moana' Still Has Leading Luau; 'La La Land' Huge - Noon Update
Alec Baldwin Says Ha! To Donald Trump, While Judd Apatow Calls 'SNL'-Watching Prez-Elect "Terrifying Lunatic"
'Spider-Man: Homecoming 2' Shoots Web Around Independence Day 2019; 'Bad Boys 4' Moves To Memorial Day
Latest TV News
- Ian Somerhalder & Nikki Reed Producing ‘Transience’ Drama Project For the CW
- Seána Kerslake Inks With Paradigm & Untitled; Van Johnson Company Signs Jason Stuart
- Fox Buys ‘Basket Case’ Crime Drama From Jeff Eastin & Jason Winer Based On Book
- Judge: LMNO Should Turn Over ‘7 Little Johnstons’ To Discovery
- ‘Celebrity Apprentice’ Host Arnold Schwarzenegger Defends Donald Trump’s Involvement
- Dolly Parton Joins Pentatonix For NBC Holiday Special