Jake Gyllenhaal will join president Mike Leigh’s jury for the upcoming Berlin Film Festival, organizers announced Monday — just after naming a handful of competition and out-of-competition titles. The rest of the judging panel is a diverse group that includes Control and The American director Anton Corbijn; Iranian director and writer Asghar Farhadi, whose A Separation won the Golden Bear in Berlin earlier this year; Franco-British actress and Lars von Trier muse Charlotte Gainsbourg; French director François Ozon, who has appeared several times in the fest; award-winning Algerian writer Boualem Sansal; and veteran German actress Barbara Sukowa. Leigh was named jury president earlier this month. The festival’s 62nd edition runs February 9-19, 2012.
Jake Gyllenhaal, Charlotte Gainsbourg, Anton Corbijn Get Berlin Festival Jury Duty
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Last Jedi' Now Opening To $220M: How Disney Continues To Win With The 'Star Wars' Franchise - Update
'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' Skyrockets To $230M Overseas, $450M Global Bow - International Box Office
Harvey Weinstein Again Denies Blackballing Actresses: Says He Wanted Ashley Judd For 'Good Will Hunting'
Latest Film News
- ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ Skyrockets To $230M Overseas, $450M Global Bow – International Box Office
- Johnny Depp’s Ex-Lawyers Suing ‘Pirates’ Star Back After He Hit Them For $30M
- 'I, Tonya' Ices Robust Weekend; 'Disaster Artist', 'Shape of Water' & 'Call Me By Your Name' Expand – Specialty…
- Harvey Weinstein Again Denies Blackballing Actresses: Says He Wanted Ashley Judd For ‘Good Will Hunting’
- ‘The Room’ Filmmaker Tommy Wiseau Pitched Himself For Next ‘Star Wars’ Movie
- ‘Darkest Hour’ Is Gary Oldman’s “Man On A Mission” Movie