Jake Gyllenhaal will join president Mike Leigh’s jury for the upcoming Berlin Film Festival, organizers announced Monday — just after naming a handful of competition and out-of-competition titles. The rest of the judging panel is a diverse group that includes Control and The American director Anton Corbijn; Iranian director and writer Asghar Farhadi, whose A Separation won the Golden Bear in Berlin earlier this year; Franco-British actress and Lars von Trier muse Charlotte Gainsbourg; French director François Ozon, who has appeared several times in the fest; award-winning Algerian writer Boualem Sansal; and veteran German actress Barbara Sukowa. Leigh was named jury president earlier this month. The festival’s 62nd edition runs February 9-19, 2012.
Jake Gyllenhaal, Charlotte Gainsbourg, Anton Corbijn Get Berlin Festival Jury Duty
What's Hot on Deadline
DC Digital Service To Launch With 'Titans' Series From Greg Berlanti & Akiva Goldsman And 'Young Justice: Outsiders'
Latest Film News
- ‘Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales’ To World Premiere In Shanghai
- Deadline Studio at Tribeca 2017 – Day 5 – Milo Ventimiglia, Cobie Smulders, Justin Long, Martin Landau & More
- Jeff Goldblum Books Trip To ‘Jurassic World’ Sequel
- WGA Contract Talks Over For The Day, Will Resume Wednesday – Update
- Universal’s ‘Half To Death’ & ‘The Snowman’ Swap Slots; ‘Insidious: Chapter 4’ Moves Off 2017 Schedule…
- Netflix Picks Up Alfre Woodard-Starring Drama ‘Juanita’