Jake Gyllenhaal will join president Mike Leigh’s jury for the upcoming Berlin Film Festival, organizers announced Monday — just after naming a handful of competition and out-of-competition titles. The rest of the judging panel is a diverse group that includes Control and The American director Anton Corbijn; Iranian director and writer Asghar Farhadi, whose A Separation won the Golden Bear in Berlin earlier this year; Franco-British actress and Lars von Trier muse Charlotte Gainsbourg; French director François Ozon, who has appeared several times in the fest; award-winning Algerian writer Boualem Sansal; and veteran German actress Barbara Sukowa. Leigh was named jury president earlier this month. The festival’s 62nd edition runs February 9-19, 2012.
Jake Gyllenhaal, Charlotte Gainsbourg, Anton Corbijn Get Berlin Festival Jury Duty
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office FINAL: 'Maze Runner' Finds $32.5M; Liam's 'Walk' Limps In With $12.7M; 'Where I Leave You,' $11.5M
More From Tartaglione
- 'Maze Runner' Adds $38M Internationally With No. 1s In 50 Countries; 'Apes' Crosses $100M In China
- Universal Changes Course On International Stewardship; Duncan Clark To Head Ops From London
- 'Saint Laurent' Tapped As France's Entry Into Foreign Language Oscar Race
- 'Downton Abbey' Season 5 Premiere In UK Least Watched Since Series Opener
- Peter Kujawski Named Managing Director Of Universal Pictures Int'l Productions
- 'Mommy' To Rep Canada In Foreign-Lingo Oscar Race; Belgium Picks 'Two Days, One Night'