IFC Films has acquired North American rights to Bruce Beresford’s dramatic comedy Peace, Love & Misunderstanding, which stars Jane Fonda, Catherine Keener, Chace Crawford, Jeffrey Dean Morgan and Elizabeth Olsen and first screened at this year’s Toronto Film Festival. The plot centers on an uptight New York lawyer (Keener) who brings her teenagers to the farmhouse of her hippie mom (Fonda) for a vacation. BCDF Pictures’ Brice Dal Farra, Claude Dal Farra, Lauren Munsch, and Jonathan Burkhart were producers on the project, with co-writers Christina Mengert and Joseph Muszynski also executive producing. The deal was negotiated by Sundance Selects/IFC Films’ Arianna Bocco with CAA on behalf of the filmmakers.
IFC Films Lands Bruce Beresford's Toronto Title 'Peace, Love & Misunderstanding'
Trending Now on Deadline
NBC Cameraman Declared Ebola-Free; Tries To Rescue Nancy Snyderman From Self-Inflicted Career Disaster -- UPDATE
More From Team
- 'Shark Tank' Spinoff 'Beyond The Tank' Ordered At ABC
- 'Cold Justice' Spinoff Greenlit By TNT
- Hollywood Film Awards Sets 18 Categories
- Ken Burns' 'The Roosevelts' Bags Bully Ratings For PBS
- MTV Greenlights Unscripted Series 'Broke A$$ Game Show' & 'Todrick' For 2015
- Bunim/Murray Opens NYC Office, 'Project Runway' Producer Bagshaw To Head Ops