IFC Films has acquired North American rights to Bruce Beresford’s dramatic comedy Peace, Love & Misunderstanding, which stars Jane Fonda, Catherine Keener, Chace Crawford, Jeffrey Dean Morgan and Elizabeth Olsen and first screened at this year’s Toronto Film Festival. The plot centers on an uptight New York lawyer (Keener) who brings her teenagers to the farmhouse of her hippie mom (Fonda) for a vacation. BCDF Pictures’ Brice Dal Farra, Claude Dal Farra, Lauren Munsch, and Jonathan Burkhart were producers on the project, with co-writers Christina Mengert and Joseph Muszynski also executive producing. The deal was negotiated by Sundance Selects/IFC Films’ Arianna Bocco with CAA on behalf of the filmmakers.
IFC Films Lands Bruce Beresford's Toronto Title 'Peace, Love & Misunderstanding'
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Steven Weber To Guest Star On Showtime's 'House Of Lies'
- Discovery Life Channel Sets 'The Mistress' Series
- ITV Accused Of Unfair Labor Practices By WGA East
- 'CNN Original' Roger Strauss Retires; Directed Tiananmen Square Live Coverage
- Ellen Barkin To Guest Star In Showtime's 'Happyish' Pilot
- Brenton Thwaites Boards 'Pirates 5′ Ship For Disney