IFC Films has acquired North American rights to Bruce Beresford’s dramatic comedy Peace, Love & Misunderstanding, which stars Jane Fonda, Catherine Keener, Chace Crawford, Jeffrey Dean Morgan and Elizabeth Olsen and first screened at this year’s Toronto Film Festival. The plot centers on an uptight New York lawyer (Keener) who brings her teenagers to the farmhouse of her hippie mom (Fonda) for a vacation. BCDF Pictures’ Brice Dal Farra, Claude Dal Farra, Lauren Munsch, and Jonathan Burkhart were producers on the project, with co-writers Christina Mengert and Joseph Muszynski also executive producing. The deal was negotiated by Sundance Selects/IFC Films’ Arianna Bocco with CAA on behalf of the filmmakers.
IFC Films Lands Bruce Beresford's Toronto Title 'Peace, Love & Misunderstanding'
What's Hot on Deadline
Oscars: Saudi Arabia Enters 'Barakah Meets Barakah' In Foreign Language Race; Kingdom's Second Submission Ever
Latest Film News
- Oscars: Germany Picks Cannes Standout ‘Toni Erdmann’ As Foreign Language Entry
- Hollywood Rallies In Support Of Leslie Jones Following Hack
- Andrea Jaffe Dies: Former PR Powerhouse And Studio Exec Was 66
- Jeanne Martin Dies: Model & Second Wife Of Dean Martin Was 89
- FilmRise Acquires Domestic On ‘From Nowhere’; Freestyle Digital Celebrates ‘Dependent’s Day’
- IM Global China Launches New Venture, Go Global