IFC Films announced today that it is buying U.S. rights to Mary Harron’s sensual gothic film The Moth Diaries, which played this year at the Toronto and Venice film festivals. Harron also wrote the screenplay, which is based on Rachel Klein’s novel; the movie is from Alliance Films and Edward R. Pressman. Lily Cole, Sarah Gadon, Sarah Bolger and Scott Speedman star in the story of Rebecca (Bolger), a student at an exclusive female boarding school who is haunted by her father’s suicide and pours her heart out in a diary mostly devoted to her beloved roommate Lucy. Her sanity is tested though when Lucy abandons her for a mysterious new student, and Rebecca’s jealously and suspicions rise after she begins to believe that the new girl is dangerous, evil and a vampire. Karine Martin and David Collins produced, with Sandra Cunningham, Pressman, Mark Slone, Jean-Francois Doray, Louis-Simon Menard, Norton Herrick, Zygi Kamasa and Jon Katz executive producing.
IFC Acquires Rights To Mary Harron's 'The Moth Diaries'
What's Hot on Deadline
Bill O'Reilly To Matt Lauer On His Firing From Fox News & Sexual Harassment Claims: "This Was A Hit Job"
Tucker Carlson Blasts Emmys; Calls It A "Remarkable Triumph Of Identity Politics Over Art & Entertainment"
Latest Film News
- ‘Fall In Love’: Will This Virtual Reality Program Make You Fall In Love?
- Oscars: France Enters Robin Campillo’s ‘BPM’ In Foreign Language Race
- CAA Signs TIFF Rising Star Jessie Buckley; Primary Wave Signs ‘Human Traces’ Vinnie Bennett
- David Tennant & Elisabeth Moss’ ‘Mad To Be Normal’ Headed To Samuel Goldwyn Films
- ‘Star Wars’ Will Receive Promotional Help From Tie-Ins With Six Major Brands
- ‘Kingsman: The Golden Circle’ Review: Suave British Spies Are Back & The Wacko Formula Still Works For Fans