IFC Films announced today that it is buying U.S. rights to Mary Harron’s sensual gothic film The Moth Diaries, which played this year at the Toronto and Venice film festivals. Harron also wrote the screenplay, which is based on Rachel Klein’s novel; the movie is from Alliance Films and Edward R. Pressman. Lily Cole, Sarah Gadon, Sarah Bolger and Scott Speedman star in the story of Rebecca (Bolger), a student at an exclusive female boarding school who is haunted by her father’s suicide and pours her heart out in a diary mostly devoted to her beloved roommate Lucy. Her sanity is tested though when Lucy abandons her for a mysterious new student, and Rebecca’s jealously and suspicions rise after she begins to believe that the new girl is dangerous, evil and a vampire. Karine Martin and David Collins produced, with Sandra Cunningham, Pressman, Mark Slone, Jean-Francois Doray, Louis-Simon Menard, Norton Herrick, Zygi Kamasa and Jon Katz executive producing.
IFC Acquires Rights To Mary Harron's 'The Moth Diaries'
What's Hot on Deadline
White House Reporter Dares To Stream Audio Of White House Press Briefing Live; Republic Still Standing
Jay Leno's Final 'Tonight Show': Obama Appoints Him Ambassador To Antarctica While Billy Crystal, Oprah Winfrey, Garth Brooks And More Serenade Host: Video
'Hawaii Five-0': Ian Anthony Dale Upped To Regular, Meaghan Rath & Beulah Koale Join Cast After Shake-Up
Latest Film News
- Comic-Con: On Jack Kirby’s 100th Anniversary, Tributes To “The King Of Comics” From Stan Lee, Frank Miller, Kevin Feige, Geoff…
- ‘Only The Brave’ First Look At One-Sheet & Trailer: Story Of The Heroic Granite Mountain Hotshots
- Anne Hathaway To Star In Contained Sci-Fi Thriller ‘O2’
- ‘Brigsby Bear’ Trailer Hits Ahead Of Comic-Con Closeup
- Comic-Con Photo Gallery: ‘Legion’ & ‘Game Of Thrones’ Go Large, ‘Stranger Things’ & ‘Defenders’ Take Over Gaslamp In Annual…
- Fathom Events Owners Tap Ray Nutt To Be CEO