IFC Films announced today that it is buying U.S. rights to Mary Harron’s sensual gothic film The Moth Diaries, which played this year at the Toronto and Venice film festivals. Harron also wrote the screenplay, which is based on Rachel Klein’s novel; the movie is from Alliance Films and Edward R. Pressman. Lily Cole, Sarah Gadon, Sarah Bolger and Scott Speedman star in the story of Rebecca (Bolger), a student at an exclusive female boarding school who is haunted by her father’s suicide and pours her heart out in a diary mostly devoted to her beloved roommate Lucy. Her sanity is tested though when Lucy abandons her for a mysterious new student, and Rebecca’s jealously and suspicions rise after she begins to believe that the new girl is dangerous, evil and a vampire. Karine Martin and David Collins produced, with Sandra Cunningham, Pressman, Mark Slone, Jean-Francois Doray, Louis-Simon Menard, Norton Herrick, Zygi Kamasa and Jon Katz executive producing.
IFC Acquires Rights To Mary Harron's 'The Moth Diaries'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fifty Shades' Dominant With $285M WW; 'La La' Lands $200M+ Overseas; 'XXX' Tops In China - International Box Office
Latest Film News
- India Censor Denies Release Of ‘Lipstick Under My Burkha’; Cites “Lady Oriented” Story
- Toronto Film Fest Reducing Lineup By 20%; Retires Vanguard, City To City Sections
- WGA Meeting Shows Guild On Strike Footing As Contract Talks Loom
- 'Alien: Covenant' ‘Prologue’ Video Introduces The Colony Ship's Crew Before Cryosleep
- UTA Rally Speakers: Gavin Newsom, Jodie Foster, Keegan-Michael Key & More
- SAG-AFTRA “Disappointed” In Court Pausing IMDb Age Law