EXCLUSIVE: In what would be his first TV starring vehicle, Ice Cube is set to topline and executive produce Eye For An Eye, a drama series project in development at FX. The project hails from Ice Cube’s company Cube Vision and Jeff Kwatinetz’s Prospect Park, which developed the idea together. Eye For An Eye centers on a complex man, played by Ice Cube, who is a veteran paramedic. After too many years of leaving the scenes of violent crimes with a victim struggling to live in the back of his ambulance, he snaps and starts going eye for an eye. When his thirst for revenge proves addictive, his personal life spirals out of control as he tries to reconcile it with his newfound life as a vigilante. Cube and his Cube Vision partner Matt Alvarez are executive producing with Kwatinetz and Prospect Park’s TV partner Josh Barry. A search is underway for a writer to pen the script. In TV, Ice Cube is executive producing the TBS sitcom Are We There Yet? based on his 2005 movie. UTA-repped Ice Cube recurs on the series, which has a 100-episode order. On the film side, he is working with New Line on a new installment in his hit Friday franchise. He next stars in Rampart and 21 Jump Street. Both Ice Cube and Prospect Park have a relationship at FX: Ice Cube executive produced the network’s docu series Black. White., while Prospect Park produces FX’s breakout comedy Wilfred. Prospect Park also has comedy GILF, from Wilfred co-creator and star Jason Gann, in the works at FX, one of sixteen series project the company has set up around town.
Ice Cube To Star In And Produce Vigilante Drama Project For FX
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Donald Trump Son-In Law Jared Kushner Discussed Secret Communication Channel With Russia: Report
- Stephen Colbert Explains How Donald Trump Alpha-Dogged His Way Through NATO Summit
- ‘The Simpsons’: Donald Trump Gets A Thank-You From Richard Nixon’s Ghost
- Viacom’s Great Program Migration: Guide To Which Show Moved Where
- MSNBC President Phil Griffin Signs New Deal; Whither Goest Lawrence O’Donnell?
- ‘The 100’ Ups Tasya Teles To Regular; ‘Supergirl’s Floriana Lima To Return As Recurring