You knew the Parents Television Council has had its finger on the “Send” button of this one ever since shock jock Howard Stern was rumored to be in the running to replace Piers Morgan as a judge on NBC’s summer hit America’s Got Talent. Well, the move became official this morning, and PTC president Tim Winter ripped into NBC brass for it. “The once-proud broadcast network has lost its way and has made it clear it holds no concern whatsoever for children and families,” he said “It also risks losing millions in advertising dollars.” It will be interesting to see how network execs and advertisers deal with Stern, who moved to satellite radio to get away from the constraints he’ll certainly find on broadcast television. And how long before Stern says something he shouldn’t and NBC releases its own statement about how shocked they are that he would say something like that? Doesn’t his hire suggest that is NBC’s expectation? Stay tuned.
Howard Stern's New Gig Draws Ire Of PTC
What's Hot on Deadline
Keaton Jones Facebook Video Gone After Mom's Confederate Flag Photos Surface: Is Hollywood Still "KeatonStrong"?
Seth Rogen To Play Walter Cronkite In 'Newsflash;' David Gordon Green-Helmed Pic On CBS JFK Assassination Coverage
'Jumanji: Welcome To The Jungle' Review: Dwayne Johnson, Kevin Hart & Jack Black Are In The Game, But Laughs Don't Come Easily
Latest TV News
- Donald Trump Tweets Sen. Gillibrand Offered To “Do Anything” When “Begging” For…
- eOne Strikes First-Look Deal With Emily Mortimer’s King Bee Productions
- Film & TV Firms To Breathe Easier: European Parliament Votes Against ‘Country Of Origin’ Proposals
- BBC Backs Bansky Doc; Sundance London; BBC One Lines Up Saturday Night Format – Global Briefs
- ‘Victoria’: Jenna Coleman To Return As ITV & PBS Bring Back Royal Drama
- ‘Twin Peaks’: Kyle MacLachlan Responds To Landing Golden Globe Nomination 26 Years After Winning For…