You knew the Parents Television Council has had its finger on the “Send” button of this one ever since shock jock Howard Stern was rumored to be in the running to replace Piers Morgan as a judge on NBC’s summer hit America’s Got Talent. Well, the move became official this morning, and PTC president Tim Winter ripped into NBC brass for it. “The once-proud broadcast network has lost its way and has made it clear it holds no concern whatsoever for children and families,” he said “It also risks losing millions in advertising dollars.” It will be interesting to see how network execs and advertisers deal with Stern, who moved to satellite radio to get away from the constraints he’ll certainly find on broadcast television. And how long before Stern says something he shouldn’t and NBC releases its own statement about how shocked they are that he would say something like that? Doesn’t his hire suggest that is NBC’s expectation? Stay tuned.
Howard Stern's New Gig Draws Ire Of PTC
What's Hot on Deadline
'Star Trek' TV Reboot Title & Teaser Unveiled At Comic-Con; New Series "Won't Be Episodic", Bryan Fuller Says
Sable Ranch, Popular Film & TV Location, Destroyed By Wildfire; Disney's Golden Oak Ranch "OK", LAFD Says - Update
Sly Stallone Confirmed, Star Lord's Parents' Sex Life Discussed In Hilarious 'Guardians Of The Galaxy 2' Trailer - Comic-Con
Cristina Ferrare Out, Replaced By Debbie Matenopoulos As Co-Host Of Hallmark Channel's 'Home & Family'
Latest TV News
- Brad Turell Exiting Paradigm To Launch Media Consulting Startup
- HBO, Dwayne Johnson & Mark Wahlberg Get $200M ‘Ballers’ Suit Thrown Out
- Marni Nixon Dies: Hollywood’s Voice Behind The Stars Was 86
- ‘BrainDead’ Slips To Low In Move, ‘Big Brother’ Inches Up To Sunday Highs, ‘60 Minutes’ Clinton Ratings…
- MTV ‘True Life’ Episode To Focus On Orlando Shooting Survivors
- Donald Trump Takes To Reddit; Tim Kaine Talks To Telemundo Tonight