Interesting timing of NBC’s announcement — just as the nominations for the Golden Globes were being announced, NBC sent out a release that Howard Stern is set as a new judge on the network’s summer reality series America’s Got Talent. To accommodate the radio host, whose SiriusXM program originates from New York, production of the live shows of America’s Got Talent will be moved to the Big Apple. Adding to the big pricetag: Stern’s salary. The shock jock had been looking for $15 million a year. “Howard Stern’s larger-than-life personality will bring a thrilling new dynamic to America’s Got Talent starting this summer,” NBC’s president of alternative and late night Paul Telegdy said. “Howard is very passionate about this show and is fully committed to its future success.” America’s Got Talent is produced by FremantleMedia North America and Simon Cowell’s SYCO Television.
Howard Stern Locked In As New 'America's Got Talent' Judge
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Stephen Colbert Explains How Donald Trump Alpha-Dogged His Way Through NATO Summit
- ‘The Simpsons’: Donald Trump Gets A Thank-You From Richard Nixon’s Ghost
- Viacom’s Great Program Migration: Guide To Which Show Moved Where
- MSNBC President Phil Griffin Signs New Deal; Whither Goest Lawrence O’Donnell?
- ‘The 100’ Ups Tasya Teles To Regular; ‘Supergirl’s Floriana Lima To Return As Recurring
- ‘Twin Peaks’ Premiere Gets Modest Live+3 Bump; Strong Streaming Lift