Interesting timing of NBC’s announcement — just as the nominations for the Golden Globes were being announced, NBC sent out a release that Howard Stern is set as a new judge on the network’s summer reality series America’s Got Talent. To accommodate the radio host, whose SiriusXM program originates from New York, production of the live shows of America’s Got Talent will be moved to the Big Apple. Adding to the big pricetag: Stern’s salary. The shock jock had been looking for $15 million a year. “Howard Stern’s larger-than-life personality will bring a thrilling new dynamic to America’s Got Talent starting this summer,” NBC’s president of alternative and late night Paul Telegdy said. “Howard is very passionate about this show and is fully committed to its future success.” America’s Got Talent is produced by FremantleMedia North America and Simon Cowell’s SYCO Television.
Howard Stern Locked In As New 'America's Got Talent' Judge
What's Hot on Deadline
'Mr. Robot' Season 3 Finale Shocker: Sam Esmail On Tonight's Revelation, Surprise Guest & What's Next In Season 4
ABC Pulls 'The Great American Baking Show' & Axes Judge Johnny Iuzzini Amid Sexual Misconduct Allegations
Latest TV News
- Tavis Smiley Vows To “Fight” PBS’s “Sloppy Investigation” And Press Report Plant
- Sandy Hook Five Years Later: Celebrities, Pundits & Politicians Remember
- ‘The Simpsons’ Predicted Disney Would Buy Fox 19 Years Ago
- People’s Choice Awards Sets Premiere Date For Inaugural Telecast On E!
- Disney-Fox Deal: Murdochs On ‘New Fox’ Strategy And “The Next Great Leg Of Our Journey”
- How Disney’s Streaming Dreams And Nightmares Over Silicon Valley Invasion Drove Fox Deal