Interesting timing of NBC’s announcement — just as the nominations for the Golden Globes were being announced, NBC sent out a release that Howard Stern is set as a new judge on the network’s summer reality series America’s Got Talent. To accommodate the radio host, whose SiriusXM program originates from New York, production of the live shows of America’s Got Talent will be moved to the Big Apple. Adding to the big pricetag: Stern’s salary. The shock jock had been looking for $15 million a year. “Howard Stern’s larger-than-life personality will bring a thrilling new dynamic to America’s Got Talent starting this summer,” NBC’s president of alternative and late night Paul Telegdy said. “Howard is very passionate about this show and is fully committed to its future success.” America’s Got Talent is produced by FremantleMedia North America and Simon Cowell’s SYCO Television.
Howard Stern Locked In As New 'America's Got Talent' Judge
What's Hot on Deadline
TV Academy Board Votes To Initiate Disciplinary Proceedings On Harvey Weinstein; Hearing Set For November
Latest TV News
- TV Academy Board Votes To Initiate Disciplinary Proceedings On Harvey Weinstein; Hearing Set For November
- Dodgers Clinch World Series Berth; Can Yankees Complete Major TV Market Sweep?
- Fox Buys Native American Family Comedy From Lucas Brown Eyes & ‘It’s KatzSmith
- Sean Penn Calls Netflix’s ‘El Chapo’ Docu “Cheap” & “Reckless”; It’s Still…
- CBS Developing ‘Whistleblower’ Drama From Chris Silber & Jerry Bruckheimer TV
- ‘The Loud House' Creator Chris Savino Fired By Nickelodeon Following Sexual Harassment Allegations