Interesting timing of NBC’s announcement — just as the nominations for the Golden Globes were being announced, NBC sent out a release that Howard Stern is set as a new judge on the network’s summer reality series America’s Got Talent. To accommodate the radio host, whose SiriusXM program originates from New York, production of the live shows of America’s Got Talent will be moved to the Big Apple. Adding to the big pricetag: Stern’s salary. The shock jock had been looking for $15 million a year. “Howard Stern’s larger-than-life personality will bring a thrilling new dynamic to America’s Got Talent starting this summer,” NBC’s president of alternative and late night Paul Telegdy said. “Howard is very passionate about this show and is fully committed to its future success.” America’s Got Talent is produced by FremantleMedia North America and Simon Cowell’s SYCO Television.
Howard Stern Locked In As New 'America's Got Talent' Judge
What's Hot on Deadline
Cloris Leachman On Gene Wilder & The 'Young Frankenstein' Scene That Cracked Him Up: "We Had To Do It 14 Times"
Bruce Lee-Inspired Crime Drama ‘Warrior’ From Justin Lin & 'Banshee' Co-Creator Gets Cinemax Pilot Order
Latest TV News
- Michael Shannon & Taylor Kitsch Topline Weinstein Co. Series ‘Waco’, Based On 1993 Siege
- One World Sports Network Drops Off Dish; Sides Blame Each Other
- CBS Developing New Adaptation Of UK Comedy Series ‘Friday Night Dinner’
- ABC Buys Laura Krafft Family Comedy
- Don Buchwald & Associates Expands Team With Four New Agents, Promotes Two
- ‘The Blacklist’ Adds Leon Rippy; Phylicia Rashad Joins ‘Empire’