When Howard Stern finally made a deal to join Howie Mandel and Sharon Osbourne as a judge on America’s Got Talent, the radio icon was immediately criticized by morality groups like the Parents Television Council. Stern in the past brought up the fact that original judge David Hasselhoff had bouts with the bottle — remember that widely circulated cheeseburger video –and nobody raised an eyebrow when he judged talent on the show. Off the air, Stern has led a squeaky clean life. I think the only critics he should answer to are the subscribers of Sirius XM Radio who pay monthly dues to hear his show and watched him cut back to three days per week and add to what was already a liberal vacation schedule. We understood it was either that or watch Stern retire, but it’s still a surprise to see him adding a side job. In a world where Clint Eastwood is reportedly part of what sounds like a Kardashian-like reality TV show about his wife and daughters, why shouldn’t Stern be entitled to judge this karaoke contest? Here, Stern answers the man he is replacing, Piers Morgan, on why his critics are wrong and why he will make a worthy reality show judge.
Howard Stern Answers Critics Of His New Job As 'America's Got Talent' Judge
What's Hot on Deadline
Arrow/Flash Superhero Team-Up Spinoff In Works At CW; Brandon Routh, Victor Garber, Wentworth Miller, Caity Lotz Star
Bill O'Reilly Victim Of "Orchestrated Campaign" Fox News Says As He Responds To One Of New Reports – Update
More From Fleming Jr
- A Third Robin Hood Script Enters The Fray; This By King Arthur Scribe Joby Harold
- Rob Letterman Doffs ‘Captain Underpants'; ‘Turbo’s David Soren Being Fitted For DWA Pic
- Will ‘The Crow’ Fly With Jack Huston?
- Marc Forster Sets Blake Lively, Jason Clarke For ‘All I See Is You’
- SPWA’s Faith Division AFFIRM Acquires ‘The Devil In Pew Number Seven’
- Samuel Goldwyn Acquires N.A. Rights On Viola Davis-Jennifer Lopez Pic ‘Lila And Eve’