After a four-year stint as president of HGTV, Jim Samples is leaving the network but staying with parent company Scripps Networks as President, International. Samples’ post at HGTV won’t be filled. As part of a company-wide management restructuring last year, Scripps EVP Burton Jablin was given oversight of HGTV and sister network DIY. Kathleen Finch, who has served as SVP/general manager of HGTV since September 2010, will handle day-to-day responsibilities of running the network. In his new role, Samples will oversee Scripps’ international programming portfolio, reporting too Joseph G. NeCastro, chief financial and administrative officer. Samples replaces Greg Moyer, who is stepping down and will serve as a consultant to Scripps’ international group. Additionally, Bob Baskerville, General Manager, International, has been named Chief Operating Officer, International and will oversee all day-to-day operations of the international businesses.
HGTV President Moves To International Side
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Amazon Has No Regrets As ‘Man In The High Castle’ Ad Campaign Pulled From NYC Subway – Update
- ‘Grease Live’ First-Look Promo: Hand Jives & Fast Times At Rydell High
- College Sex Scandal Drama From Jessica Mecklenburg & Rod Lurie Lands At NBC
- The Sony Hack One Year Later: Just Who Are The Guardians Of Peace?
- David Canary Dies: ‘All My Children’ Star Was 77
- ‘Superstore’ Review: America Ferrera NBC Comedy Proves Big Not Better