After a four-year stint as president of HGTV, Jim Samples is leaving the network but staying with parent company Scripps Networks as President, International. Samples’ post at HGTV won’t be filled. As part of a company-wide management restructuring last year, Scripps EVP Burton Jablin was given oversight of HGTV and sister network DIY. Kathleen Finch, who has served as SVP/general manager of HGTV since September 2010, will handle day-to-day responsibilities of running the network. In his new role, Samples will oversee Scripps’ international programming portfolio, reporting too Joseph G. NeCastro, chief financial and administrative officer. Samples replaces Greg Moyer, who is stepping down and will serve as a consultant to Scripps’ international group. Additionally, Bob Baskerville, General Manager, International, has been named Chief Operating Officer, International and will oversee all day-to-day operations of the international businesses.
HGTV President Moves To International Side
What's Hot on Deadline
'Nashville' Creator Callie Khouri On Tragic Twist, Its Inevitability & Aftermath And Why Fans Should Keep Watching
Bill Maher Under Gun Over Late-'90s Video Condoning Sex Between 33-Year-Old Teacher And 12-Year-Old Student
Latest TV News
- Pondering The Imponderable: How A Restructured Hollywood Would Deal With Striking Writers
- Univision Pulls Ads For Pulse Shooting Show Segment; Club Owner, Mothers, Victims, GLAAD Press Network To Stop “Blood Bath”…
- Republican Congressman Darrell Issa’s ‘Real Time’ Surprise Call For Special Prosecutor Gains Traction
- ‘The Good Fight’ Adds Nyambi Nyambi As Recurring
- 'American Girl': Gwendoline Yeo To Star In Amazon's Special 'Ivy & Julie 1976: A Happy Balance'
- ‘MacGyver’ Rebounds In Demo Ratings, ‘Shark Tank’ & ‘Hawaii Five-0’ Top Night