After a four-year stint as president of HGTV, Jim Samples is leaving the network but staying with parent company Scripps Networks as President, International. Samples’ post at HGTV won’t be filled. As part of a company-wide management restructuring last year, Scripps EVP Burton Jablin was given oversight of HGTV and sister network DIY. Kathleen Finch, who has served as SVP/general manager of HGTV since September 2010, will handle day-to-day responsibilities of running the network. In his new role, Samples will oversee Scripps’ international programming portfolio, reporting too Joseph G. NeCastro, chief financial and administrative officer. Samples replaces Greg Moyer, who is stepping down and will serve as a consultant to Scripps’ international group. Additionally, Bob Baskerville, General Manager, International, has been named Chief Operating Officer, International and will oversee all day-to-day operations of the international businesses.
HGTV President Moves To International Side
What's Hot on Deadline
Bill O'Reilly To Matt Lauer On His Firing From Fox News & Sexual Harassment Claims: "This Was A Hit Job"
Tucker Carlson Blasts Emmys; Calls It A "Remarkable Triumph Of Identity Politics Over Art & Entertainment"
Latest TV News
- Aidan Gillen To Play Dave Allen For BBC; HBO Nordic Orders ‘Gosta’; Anna Friel Flits To ITV’s ‘Butterfly’…
- Herb Scannell Tapped To Be CEO Of Mitú, Latino-Focused Video Producer
- Amazon Studios Inks Overall Deal With ‘Stranger Things’ Writer Justin Doble
- ‘Shark Tank’s Daymond John Inks With Gersh
- Comedy Central’s ‘The Opposition With Jordan Klepper’ Announces Team Of Citizen Journalists
- Zefr Taps Fox Networks Group’s Toby Byrne As President