Talking to MTV after the Britannia Awards, the actress describes her role as Dr. Julia Hoffman: “She’s an alcoholic psychiatrist, so I hadn’t played that before. And she’s got a secret. They all have secrets. It’s all about people who have secrets.” The movie as a whole? “It’s very original and it’s kind of uncategorizable. It’s going to be impossible to sell, frankly, because … it’s a soap opera, but it’s very, very subtle. I don’t know. We’ll see. It’s a ghost story, but then it’s an unhappy vampire story” — directed by Tim Burton with Johnny Depp as the vampire Barnabas Collins and Eva Green as Angelique. Warner Bros. has slated the Village Roadshow coproduction to open May 11.
Helena Bonham Carter on 'Dark Shadows': “It's Going To Be Impossible To Sell”
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- A24, DirecTV Acquire Liam Hemsworth Thriller 'Cut Bank'
- Jeffrey Katzenberg Accepts Deadline's ALS Ice Bucket Challenge: Video
- David Yates In Talks For 'Harry Potter' Spin-Off 'Fantastic Beasts'
- Damon Lindelof Accepts Deadline's ALS Ice Bucket Challenge: Video
- EOne Acquires Liz Tuccillo's SXSW Rom-Com 'Take Care'
- TNT Nabs Rights To Lionsgate's 'Hunger Games' & 'Divergent' Franchises