HBO Documentary Films has set a January 12 premiere date for Paradise Lost 3: Purgatory, the conclusion of the trilogy that helped free three men — Damien Echols, Jason Baldwin and Jessie Misskelley, known as The West Memphis Three — convicted of the gruesome 1993 murder of three 8-year-old boys. The third film, which premiered at the Toronto Film Festival, chronicles the new developments, culminating in the trio’s August release from prison after more than 18 years. “Almost 20 years and three films ago, HBO’s Sheila Nevins sent us on this journey to document the terrible murders of three innocent boys and the subsequent circus that followed the arrests and convictions of Echols, Baldwin and Misskelley,” says filmmaker Joe Berlinger. “To see our work culminate in the righting of this tragic miscarriage of justice is more than a filmmaker could ask for.”
HBO Sets Airdate For 'Paradise Lost 3' Docu
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Film Arcade And Paramount Team On Romantic Comedy 'Love, Rosie'
- Pete Hammond's Telluride Q&A With Makers Of 'The Imitation Game' (Video)
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Remains In Serious Condition Following Thursday Cardiac Arrest
- UPDATE: Abrams Artists & 'Ghost Adventures' Producer End Commissions Dispute
- Wil Wheaton Blogs His Syfy Show Is Toast
- Miranda Mayo Joins 'Pretty Little Liars'; Samm Levine In 'Selfie'