ABC’s 1960s drama Pan Am is taking to the web in an effort to keep interest alive in the freshman drama, whose fate for a season renewal has yet to be decided. Show producer Sony Pictures TV is offering up the series’ first nine already-aired episodes, including the pilot, free at the iTunes Music Store beginning today through January 5. Episodes also are being made available via Amazon, Vudu, CinemaNow, Sony Video Unlimited and PlayStation Store. The show is currently on hiatus and returns to ABC with new episodes on January 8. So far, 14 episodes of the 1960s-set series have been ordered — the last added after some back-and-forth negotiations between Sony TV and ABC. The network said it won’t decide whether to bring back the show for Season 2 until May; in March, Pan Am is being replaced on the schedule by midseason dramedy GCB.
Free 'Pan Am' Episodes Land At ITunes
Trending Now on Deadline
'Black-ish', 'Grey's Anatomy', 'Castle', 'The Goldbergs', 'Modern Family', 'Once Upon A Time' & Others Get Extra Episodes At ABC
More From Team
- Terry Keenan Dead: Longtime Business Reporter-Anchor At CNN, CNBC & Fox News
- Film Independent Spirit Awards 2015 To Be Broadcast Live On IFC
- Lyndsy Fonseca Joins 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- Jim Parsons To Star In Animated 'Elf' Holiday Special On NBC
- 'Madam Secretary' Coming To U.K. On Sky Living; NBCUniversal International Television Production Pacts With TV3 Group Ireland…
- 'High Profits': New CNN Series Profiles Colorado Pot Business Owners