ABC’s 1960s drama Pan Am is taking to the web in an effort to keep interest alive in the freshman drama, whose fate for a season renewal has yet to be decided. Show producer Sony Pictures TV is offering up the series’ first nine already-aired episodes, including the pilot, free at the iTunes Music Store beginning today through January 5. Episodes also are being made available via Amazon, Vudu, CinemaNow, Sony Video Unlimited and PlayStation Store. The show is currently on hiatus and returns to ABC with new episodes on January 8. So far, 14 episodes of the 1960s-set series have been ordered — the last added after some back-and-forth negotiations between Sony TV and ABC. The network said it won’t decide whether to bring back the show for Season 2 until May; in March, Pan Am is being replaced on the schedule by midseason dramedy GCB.
Free 'Pan Am' Episodes Land At ITunes
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Rookie Comedies 'Selfie' & 'A To Z' Hit Hulu Ahead Of Network Premieres (Video)
- Turner CEO Says Plans For More “Streamlined, Nimble” Company Coming In Next Two Months
- Scott Adsit Joins AMC Pilot 'We Hate Paul Revere'; Sibylla Deen & Kylie Bunbury in Spike TV's 'Tut'
- Eva Longoria Joins Fox's 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine'
- Universal & Legendary Date 'Krampus,' 'Spectral'; Open Road Shifts 'Nightcrawler'
- Good Deed Entertainment Taps Myrl Schreibman As President Of Production