Fox Sports has won a temporary stay that bars the Los Angeles Dodgers from shopping broadcasting rights to new bidders until a judge considers the network’s appeal of the federal bankruptcy court ruling in favor of the team. Federal Judge Leonard P. Stark ruled today in Delaware that Fox Sports has a “strong likelihood of success” on its appeal of the U.S. Bankruptcy Court ruling. Fox Sports’ current contract precludes the Dodgers shopping the rights until October 2012. Because the Dodgers are in bankruptcy, the bankruptcy court judge said that condition was unenforceable. The appeals court judge disagreed and granted a stay until he decides Fox’s appeal.
Fox Sports Wins Round Against The Dodgers
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Create Advertising Group Ups Carrie Gormley & Jonathan Gitlin
- Karen Pittman Joins 'The Americans'; Gloria Reuben In 'Mr. Robot'
- 'Below Deck' Renewed For Third Season By Bravo
- 'Shark Tank' Spinoff 'Beyond The Tank' Ordered At ABC
- 'Cold Justice' Spinoff Greenlit By TNT
- Hollywood Film Awards Sets 18 Categories