The launch strategy for new drama The Finder was probably the most puzzling element in Fox’s midseason announcement last week (that and seeing flash-mob series Mobbed on the schedule, after American Idol no less). Fox had originally scheduled the Bones spinoff, which premieres January 12, to follow a Bones rerun. Now the network has switched the repeat with an original Bones, which will no doubt boost the Finder debut. But the move will disrupt the run of Bones as the January 12 episode is the fall finale, originally scheduled for December 15. A repeat of Bones’ Finder spinoff episode will air next week instead. Starting January 19, The Finder will run behind American Idol on Thursday while Bones goes on hiatus.
Fox Slots Original 'Bones' As Lead-In For Premiere Of Spinoff 'The Finder'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Keeps B.O. Treasure From 'Tomb Raider'; How 'I Can Only Imagine' Hit A $17M High Note
'Triple Frontier' Finally Going: Affleck, Isaac, Pascal, Hunnam, Hedlund, Arjona In JC Chandor's Lineup
'SNL' Imagines #MeToo Apology Spree By "Canada's Harvey Weinstein," Trots Out Impressions In 'Jurassic Park' Auditions
Latest TV News
- Financial Media Upstart Cheddar Raises $22M Series D Round, Plans News Network Launch, International Expansion
- ‘Krypton’ Review: Syfy Superhero Drama Swings For The Fences With New Take On Superman Narrative
- ‘Hollywood Game Night’ Renewed For Season 6 On NBC
- ‘Cagney & Lacey’: Ving Rhames To Co-Star In CBS’ Reboot Pilot
- Matt Ryan To Join ‘DC’s Legends Of Tomorrow’ As Series Regular For Season 4
- ‘Camping’: Janicza Bravo, Arturo Del Puerto, Brett Gelman Cast As Regulars In HBO Comedy Series