The launch strategy for new drama The Finder was probably the most puzzling element in Fox’s midseason announcement last week (that and seeing flash-mob series Mobbed on the schedule, after American Idol no less). Fox had originally scheduled the Bones spinoff, which premieres January 12, to follow a Bones rerun. Now the network has switched the repeat with an original Bones, which will no doubt boost the Finder debut. But the move will disrupt the run of Bones as the January 12 episode is the fall finale, originally scheduled for December 15. A repeat of Bones’ Finder spinoff episode will air next week instead. Starting January 19, The Finder will run behind American Idol on Thursday while Bones goes on hiatus.
Fox Slots Original 'Bones' As Lead-In For Premiere Of Spinoff 'The Finder'
What's Hot on Deadline
Warner Bros Wins Visionary Viral Short 'Sundays' Auction; You Gotta See What $51,000 Can Look Like Onscreen
Latest TV News
- Trevor Noah’s Fast Track To Replace Jon Stewart On ‘The Daily Show’
- ‘Furious 7′ Stars Take Over ‘Kimmel’ Next Week; NBC Late-Nighters Slim On Guests From Universal Pic
- Ernie Hudson Cast In ‘Delores And Jermaine'; Aalyrah Caldwell Joins ‘Uncle Buck'; Corbin Bernsen Recurs In ‘Living On Video…
- Lolita Davidovich & David Clennon Among Cast Additions To ‘Dr. Del’ Indie Pilot
- Tom Wheeler Inks 2-Script Deal At Sony Pictures Television In TV Return
- ‘Blunt Talk’ Teaser: Patrick Stewart Character’s Falklands War Account Questioned By Bill O’Reilly