It’s been a busy day for Russell Brand. Fox has picked up an an animated comedy co-created and voiced by the British actor-comedian, the same day cable sibling FX announced that Brand signed a deal for an unscripted late-night series. The network has handed an order for a presentation and a script to the project, produced by 20th Century Fox TV and studio-based Chernin Entertainment. Dan Fybel and Rich Rinaldi, writer-producers on Fox’s animated series Bob’s Burgers, are writing. The project’s concept is being kept under wraps, but I hear that it is loosely based on Brand’s life in his 20s. Brand, Fybel and Rinaldi are executive producing with Peter Chernin and Katherine Pope as well as Nik Linnen and Beau Bauman of Brand’s Branded Films banner. With the deal, Brand follows in the footsteps of his Get Him To The Greek co-lead Jonah Hill, who co-created and executive produces Fox animated series Allen Gregory, also from 20th TV and Chernin Entertainment. Brand’s animated voice-over experience includes Despicable Me and Hop.
Fox Buys Russell Brand Animated Comedy
What's Hot on Deadline
'Me And Earl And The Dying Girl' Takes Top Dramatic Honors At Sundance; Is It The Next 'Whiplash'? - Winners List
ADG Awards: 'Birdman', 'Grand Budapest Hotel', & 'Guardians' Take Top Film Prizes - 'Game Of Thrones', 'True Detective Among TV Winners
More From Andreeva
- Bryan Cranston & David Shore’s 'Sneaky Pete', Civil Rights Crime Drama From Rene Balcer Get CBS Pilot Orders
- Johnny Knoxville, Jermaine Fowler Projects, NBA Buddy Show Among 7 ABC Comedy Pilot Orders
- ABC Picks Up 4 Drama Pilots
- Busy Philipps Joins HBO Comedy Series 'Vice Principals'
- Medical Drama ‘LFE’ Gets CBS Pilot Order
- Idina Menzel To Star In ‘Happy Time’ Comedy Produced By Ellen DeGeneres