It’s been a busy day for Russell Brand. Fox has picked up an an animated comedy co-created and voiced by the British actor-comedian, the same day cable sibling FX announced that Brand signed a deal for an unscripted late-night series. The network has handed an order for a presentation and a script to the project, produced by 20th Century Fox TV and studio-based Chernin Entertainment. Dan Fybel and Rich Rinaldi, writer-producers on Fox’s animated series Bob’s Burgers, are writing. The project’s concept is being kept under wraps, but I hear that it is loosely based on Brand’s life in his 20s. Brand, Fybel and Rinaldi are executive producing with Peter Chernin and Katherine Pope as well as Nik Linnen and Beau Bauman of Brand’s Branded Films banner. With the deal, Brand follows in the footsteps of his Get Him To The Greek co-lead Jonah Hill, who co-created and executive produces Fox animated series Allen Gregory, also from 20th TV and Chernin Entertainment. Brand’s animated voice-over experience includes Despicable Me and Hop.
Fox Buys Russell Brand Animated Comedy
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Stephen Gaghan To Direct AMC Pilot 'White City'
- ABC Buys Family Comedy From Eric Falconer & Greg Garcia
- VH1 Orders 'T.I.& Tiny: The Family Hustle' Spinoff Series Starring Tiny & Shekinah
- ER Drama 'Code Black' From Michael Seitzman Gets CBS Put Pilot Commitment
- CBS Buys Medical Drama From Sarah Watson & Jason Katims As Put Pilot
- Amblin TV Preps 'Minority Report' Series With 'Godzilla' Writer