It’s been a busy day for Russell Brand. Fox has picked up an an animated comedy co-created and voiced by the British actor-comedian, the same day cable sibling FX announced that Brand signed a deal for an unscripted late-night series. The network has handed an order for a presentation and a script to the project, produced by 20th Century Fox TV and studio-based Chernin Entertainment. Dan Fybel and Rich Rinaldi, writer-producers on Fox’s animated series Bob’s Burgers, are writing. The project’s concept is being kept under wraps, but I hear that it is loosely based on Brand’s life in his 20s. Brand, Fybel and Rinaldi are executive producing with Peter Chernin and Katherine Pope as well as Nik Linnen and Beau Bauman of Brand’s Branded Films banner. With the deal, Brand follows in the footsteps of his Get Him To The Greek co-lead Jonah Hill, who co-created and executive produces Fox animated series Allen Gregory, also from 20th TV and Chernin Entertainment. Brand’s animated voice-over experience includes Despicable Me and Hop.
Fox Buys Russell Brand Animated Comedy
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Ryan Murphy & His 'Glee' Co-Creators Get Fox Series Order For Comedy-Horror Anthology 'Scream Queens'
- 'The Erotic Silence Of The American Wife' Drama From Sally Robinson & Tony Krantz Set At ABC
- ABC Buys Bookclub Comedy From Patti Carr, Lara Olsen & Eva Longoria
- James Denton To Co-Star In 'The Good Witch' Series On Hallmark Channel
- Pitbull To Return As Host Of American Music Awards