Focus Features solidified release dates today for its movies in the first half of 2012. Being Flynn (March 2 in select cities) stars Paul Dano as a young writer seeking to define himself. He misses his late mother (Julianne Moore) and eventually comes face-to-face with his long-estranged father (Robert De Niro), a self-proclaimed master storyteller who is facing eviction from his apartment. Paul Weitz wrote and directed. Seeking A Friend For The End Of The World (April 20 nationally) stars Steve Carell and Keira Knightley in a comedy that marks the feature directing debut of screenwriter Lorene Scafaria (Nick & Norah’s Infinite Playlist). Set in a too-near future, the film explores what two people do when humanity’s last days are at hand. Moonrise Kingdom (May 25 in select cities) is the latest from director Wes Anderson and follows a young boy and girl who fall in love and the town is turned upside down when they run away together. Bruce Willis, Francis McDormand, Tilda Swinton and Jason Schwartzman star alongside newcomers Jared Gilman and Kara Hayward. Anderson and Roman Coppola (The Darjeeling Limited) co-wrote.
Focus Features Finalizes Early 2012 Dates
What's Hot on Deadline
'Gods Of Egypt': 'Selma' Director Ava DuVernay Responds To Alex Proyas & Lionsgate Apology For Lack Of Diversity - Update
Thanksgiving Box Office +12% Over 2014, Boosted By 'Mockingjay 2', 'Good Dinosaur' & 'Creed' - Sunday AM Final Update
China Makes Space For ‘The Martian’ As ‘Good Dinosaur’ Snatches Eggs From No. 1 ‘Mockingjay 2’ – Intl B.O. Update
’The Danish Girl’ Bows With Style; 'Janis: Little Girl Blue' Solid In Debut; 'Carol’ Dominates Thanksgiving: Specialty B.O.
Latest Film News
- China Makes Space For 'The Martian' As 'Good Dinosaur' Snatches Eggs From No. 1 'Mockingjay 2' – Intl B.O. Update
- 'The Danish Girl' Bows With Style; ‘Janis: Little Girl Blue’ Solid In Debut; ‘Carol' Dominates Thanksgiving…
- ‘The Assassin’, ‘Carol’, ‘Mad Max: Fury Road’ Top BFI Sight & Sound’s Best…
- Will DiCaprio, Depp Or Smith Nab Best Actor Oscar Or Does Redmayne Take It Again? — Awardsline
- ‘Gods Of Egypt’: ‘Selma’ Director Ava DuVernay Responds To Alex Proyas & Lionsgate Apology For Lack Of Diversity…
- ‘Steve Jobs’ Composer Daniel Pemberton: Video Of ‘Circle Of Machines’ Performance