Pioneering camera technologist Denny Clairmont, cinematographer John Hora, comprehensive digital media studio advocate Bob Lambert and film preservationist and asset archival innovator Milt Shefter have joined the Science and Technology Council of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences. Clairmont co-founded Clairmont Camera which became one of the largest camera rental companies in the world. He’s been a member of the Scientific and Technical Awards Committee since 1993 and an an Academy member since 2002. Hora’s credits include Honey I Blew Up the Kid, Gremlins and Twilight Zone: The Movie. He has been a member of the Academy’s Cinematographers Branch since 1986. Longtime Disney senior executive Lambert has been a leader in the transition to digital technologies, such as the CAPS system for feature animation, which was recognized with a Scientific and Engineering Award in 1991. Lambert has been an Academy member since 1999. Shefter is known for the creation, design and management of the Paramount Pictures Asset Protection Program, including construction of state-of-the-art archival facilities worldwide. He’s been an Academy member since 1989.
Film Academy Adds 4 To Sci-Tech Council
What's Hot on Deadline
'Parks & Rec' Mike Schur Says "Everybody Knew About Kevin Spacey"; 'Leftovers' Damon Lindelof Regrets Theroux Jokes
'Transparent' Creator Jill Soloway Won't Discuss Jeffrey Tambor Scandal, Advocates Anti-Harassment On-Set Rules
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Latest Awardsline News
- ‘The Divine Order’ Director Petra Volpe On The Crumbling Of The Swiss Patriarchy
- Pete Hammond’s Notes On The Season: WGA Nixes ‘Three Billboards’; Bleecker Puts Lumps Of Coal In Critics’ Stockings; ‘Get Out…
- ‘Get Out’s Jordan Peele Responds To Golden Globes Category
- ‘Let It Fall’ Director John Ridley: Racial Progress Reversing Under Trump
- Andy Serkis On Directing ‘Breathe’ And A New ‘Jungle Book’, His Tips From Peter Jackson & More – Behind…
- ‘The Greatest Showman’ Songwriters Benj Pasek & Justin Paul On The Revitalization Of The Original…