EXCLUSIVE: Sony Pictures has bought a spec pitch from Drew Pearce titled Secretaries Day, attaching Will Gluck to direct and produce the action-comedy through his studio-based Olive Bridge Entertainment shingle. The project represents the first original feature idea for Pearce, who has been plenty busy writing Iron Man 3 for Marvel with director Shane Black, and he also recently came aboard to pen Sherlock Holmes 3 for Warner Bros. Pearce — who moved from London to Los Angeles this year after creating the irreverent UK TV series No Heroics, about a bar hangout for superheroes, as well as penning a Runaways script based on the Marvel comic — also did some writing on Guillermo del Toro’s alien-invasion film Pacific Rim. He also will serve as executive producer on his Secretaries project. Pearce is repped by WME and Warren Dern. Gluck is repped by UTA.
Drew Pearce Sells Action-Comedy 'Secretaries Day' To Sony For Will Gluck To Produce And Direct
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
More From Fleming Jr
- Attention, Hacked And Beleaguered Sony Staffers: Self-Protection Tips
- Hollywood Needs Cyber Czar: Guest Column
- 'Saturday Night Live' At Halfway Mark: Reconsidering A Hot Mess
- Ben Affleck, Others Stumping For Bradley Cooper's 'American Sniper' Performance
- Did Sony Or Exhibitors Kill 'The Interview?'
- Did We All Help North Korea Hackers Murder Free Speech This Week?