EXCLUSIVE: Sony Pictures has bought a spec pitch from Drew Pearce titled Secretaries Day, attaching Will Gluck to direct and produce the action-comedy through his studio-based Olive Bridge Entertainment shingle. The project represents the first original feature idea for Pearce, who has been plenty busy writing Iron Man 3 for Marvel with director Shane Black, and he also recently came aboard to pen Sherlock Holmes 3 for Warner Bros. Pearce — who moved from London to Los Angeles this year after creating the irreverent UK TV series No Heroics, about a bar hangout for superheroes, as well as penning a Runaways script based on the Marvel comic — also did some writing on Guillermo del Toro’s alien-invasion film Pacific Rim. He also will serve as executive producer on his Secretaries project. Pearce is repped by WME and Warren Dern. Gluck is repped by UTA.
Drew Pearce Sells Action-Comedy 'Secretaries Day' To Sony For Will Gluck To Produce And Direct
What's Hot on Deadline
'Pacific Rim Uprising' Takes No. 1 With $23M+; 'Black Panther' Best Marvel Title Ever At Domestic B.O., Beating 'Avengers'
Latest Film News
- ‘Billions’ Actor David Costabile To Play Doc McGhee In ‘The Dirt’
- Arnon Milchan & Regency Countersued For Fraud Over Warren Beatty’s ‘Rules Don’t Apply’
- ‘Scandal’s Darby Stanchfield & Daisy Prescott Cast In ‘Justine’
- Tiffany Haddish Will Give Voice To ‘Lego Movie’ Sequel Character
- ‘Hunter Killer,’ Starring Gerard Butler & Gary Oldman, Pegged For October Release
- Female Directors Scorecard: Sony’s ‘Barbie,’ ‘Charlie’s Angels’ And More