EXCLUSIVE: Sony Pictures has bought a spec pitch from Drew Pearce titled Secretaries Day, attaching Will Gluck to direct and produce the action-comedy through his studio-based Olive Bridge Entertainment shingle. The project represents the first original feature idea for Pearce, who has been plenty busy writing Iron Man 3 for Marvel with director Shane Black, and he also recently came aboard to pen Sherlock Holmes 3 for Warner Bros. Pearce — who moved from London to Los Angeles this year after creating the irreverent UK TV series No Heroics, about a bar hangout for superheroes, as well as penning a Runaways script based on the Marvel comic — also did some writing on Guillermo del Toro’s alien-invasion film Pacific Rim. He also will serve as executive producer on his Secretaries project. Pearce is repped by WME and Warren Dern. Gluck is repped by UTA.
Drew Pearce Sells Action-Comedy 'Secretaries Day' To Sony For Will Gluck To Produce And Direct
What's Hot on Deadline
Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: At $241.96M Superhero Owns 2nd Best 4-Day Opening & Defeats 'Last Jedi' - Update
Latest Film News
- Duplass Brothers Contest Finalist Film ‘Lost Bayou’ Sets Cast; Kristanna Loken Cast In ‘University Intelligence…
- ‘Paddington’s Paul King In Talks To Direct Live-Action ‘Pinocchio’ For Disney
- California’s IMDb Age Law Violates First Amendment, Federal Court Rules; SAG-AFTRA “Extremely Disappointed”…
- Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives…
- ‘Ismael’s Ghosts’ Trailer: Marion Cotillard Haunts A Former Lover In Arnaud Desplechin Drama
- ‘Cowboy Ninja Viking’ Adds ‘Thor: Ragnarok’ Scribe Eric Pearson