EXCLUSIVE: Sony Pictures has bought a spec pitch from Drew Pearce titled Secretaries Day, attaching Will Gluck to direct and produce the action-comedy through his studio-based Olive Bridge Entertainment shingle. The project represents the first original feature idea for Pearce, who has been plenty busy writing Iron Man 3 for Marvel with director Shane Black, and he also recently came aboard to pen Sherlock Holmes 3 for Warner Bros. Pearce — who moved from London to Los Angeles this year after creating the irreverent UK TV series No Heroics, about a bar hangout for superheroes, as well as penning a Runaways script based on the Marvel comic — also did some writing on Guillermo del Toro’s alien-invasion film Pacific Rim. He also will serve as executive producer on his Secretaries project. Pearce is repped by WME and Warren Dern. Gluck is repped by UTA.
Drew Pearce Sells Action-Comedy 'Secretaries Day' To Sony For Will Gluck To Produce And Direct
What's Hot on Deadline
'Jungle Book' Still Hot In Third Weekend With $35M-$36M; 'Mother's Day' Has Edge Over 'Keanu' - Update
Tony Goldwyn, Josh Lucas, Michael C Hall, Marton Csokas & Kate Walsh Surround Liam Neeson For Watergate Thriller 'Felt'
Latest Film News
- ‘Jungle Book’ Still Hot In Third Weekend With $35M-$36M; ‘Mother’s Day’ Has Edge Over ‘Keanu…
- The Orchard Promotes Paul Davidson To Exec VP
- Home Entertainment Spending Fell 9% In Q1 Not Including Streaming Services
- Will Ferrell Not “Pursuing” ‘Reagan’ Black List Film After All
- Marc Platt To Bring Sega’s ‘Shinobi’ To Big Screen
- Oscar-Winning Cinematographer Robert Richardson Inks With WME