Donald Trump has been tapped to moderate an upcoming Republican presidential candidate debate sponsored by online news site Newsmax and to be broadcast on ION Television. The debate, set for December 27 in Des Moines, Iowa, will be the final one before the critical Iowa Caucus on January 3 and should feature the full GOP field. (There have been so many GOP debates it’s difficult to picture one being more important than another, but the timing of this one at least appears relevant.) Of course Trump, hailed as “a truly great American” in the release announcing the debate lineup, briefly flirted with seeking the Republican nomination for president himself before finally backing off during May’s upfronts, when he announced he was staying on as host of NBC’s The Celebrity Apprentice instead.
Donald Trump To Moderate GOP Debate
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fifty Shades' Dominant With $277M WW; 'La La' Lands $200M+ Overseas; 'XXX' Tops In China - International Box Office
John Oliver: Donald Trump Tyrannizes TV News Week With "Bat-Sh*t Crazy" News Conference, Terrorism-In-Sweden Speech
Latest TV News
- Conan O’Brien Makes Guest Appearance On Mexican Telenovela ‘Mi Adorable Maldición’
- Brenda Buttner Dies: Fox News ‘Bulls And Bears’ Host Was 55
- Judd Apatow Roasts Donald Trump In Stand-up Routine: “I Feel Like I’ve Just Been Raped”
- Simon & Schuster Cancels Milo Yiannopoulos ‘Dangerous’ Book Deal After Conservative Blog Digs Up…
- SAG-AFTRA Disputes Trump's Claim That News Media Is "Enemy Of The American People"
- Donald Trump Recruits H.R. McMaster As National Security Adviser