Donald Trump has been tapped to moderate an upcoming Republican presidential candidate debate sponsored by online news site Newsmax and to be broadcast on ION Television. The debate, set for December 27 in Des Moines, Iowa, will be the final one before the critical Iowa Caucus on January 3 and should feature the full GOP field. (There have been so many GOP debates it’s difficult to picture one being more important than another, but the timing of this one at least appears relevant.) Of course Trump, hailed as “a truly great American” in the release announcing the debate lineup, briefly flirted with seeking the Republican nomination for president himself before finally backing off during May’s upfronts, when he announced he was staying on as host of NBC’s The Celebrity Apprentice instead.
Donald Trump To Moderate GOP Debate
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Parkinson's & Robin Williams: Ex-Time Warner Chief Jerry Levin's Personal Reveal - Turning Tragedy Into Legacy
More From Team
- Discovery Finally Kills 'Sons Of Guns' Citing “Serious And Horrific Nature Of Charges” In Star's Second Arrest
- NBC Ups Jenny Groom To SVP Alternative Programming & Development
- UPDATE: 'Cops' Crew Member Bryce Dion Dies After Being Shot During Robbery Standoff
- Now On Its Own, Millennium Entertainment Acquires David Burris' Thriller 'The World Made Straight'
- Former Discovery Exec Andrew Jackson Joins Grant Mansfield's Plimsoll Productions
- 'Guardians Of The Galaxy' Crosses $500M In Global B.O.