The latest Disney Channel original movie, Good Luck Charlie: It’s Christmas, an offshoot of the network’s hit sitcom, premiered with 6.9 million total viewers last night. It dethroned Lifetime’s The Craiglist Killer as the most-watched live-action cable movie of 2011. Good Luck Charlie also delivered 3.3 million kids 6-11, 2.4 million tweens and 1.4 million adults 18-49. The movie provided a strong launching pad for Disney Channel’s new music-centered sitcom Austin & Ally, which opened well with 5.7 million total viewers, 2.7 million kids 6-11 and 2.1 million tweens. The series moves to its regular time slot Sunday.
Disney's 'Good Luck Charlie' Movie Draws 6.9M Viewers, 'Austin & Ally' Opens To 5.7M
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Adaptation Of Telenovela 'La Reina Del Sur' Ordered To Pilot By USA Network
- 'True Detective': Colin Farrell, Vince Vaughn Confirmed As Season 2 Stars & Justin Lin As Director By HBO
- Rocsi Diaz To Exit 'Entertainment Tonight'
- 'Gotham' & 'Scorpion' Off To Solid Start, 'Forever' Preview Soft, 'The Big Bang Theory' & 'The Blacklist' Return Strong, 'Sleepy…
- Finnish Fantasy Series 'Nymphs' To Be Adapted By Entertainment One Television
- Nastaran Dibai & Aaron Kaplan Re-Team For ABC Romantic Comedy