The latest Disney Channel original movie, Good Luck Charlie: It’s Christmas, an offshoot of the network’s hit sitcom, premiered with 6.9 million total viewers last night. It dethroned Lifetime’s The Craiglist Killer as the most-watched live-action cable movie of 2011. Good Luck Charlie also delivered 3.3 million kids 6-11, 2.4 million tweens and 1.4 million adults 18-49. The movie provided a strong launching pad for Disney Channel’s new music-centered sitcom Austin & Ally, which opened well with 5.7 million total viewers, 2.7 million kids 6-11 and 2.1 million tweens. The series moves to its regular time slot Sunday.
Disney's 'Good Luck Charlie' Movie Draws 6.9M Viewers, 'Austin & Ally' Opens To 5.7M
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office Friday: 'Guardians' Tops 2014; 'As Above/So Below' Nabs No. 3; 'Cantinflas' Es Excelente!
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over
- Enver Gjokaj & Chad Michael Murray Cast In ABC Series 'Marvel's Agent Carter'