The latest Disney Channel original movie, Good Luck Charlie: It’s Christmas, an offshoot of the network’s hit sitcom, premiered with 6.9 million total viewers last night. It dethroned Lifetime’s The Craiglist Killer as the most-watched live-action cable movie of 2011. Good Luck Charlie also delivered 3.3 million kids 6-11, 2.4 million tweens and 1.4 million adults 18-49. The movie provided a strong launching pad for Disney Channel’s new music-centered sitcom Austin & Ally, which opened well with 5.7 million total viewers, 2.7 million kids 6-11 and 2.1 million tweens. The series moves to its regular time slot Sunday.
Disney's 'Good Luck Charlie' Movie Draws 6.9M Viewers, 'Austin & Ally' Opens To 5.7M
What's Hot on Deadline
'Beauty And The Beast' Roars On To Tracking, Looking To Shake Up March Records - Box Office Projection
Latest TV News
- Lea Michele Cast In ABC Mayor Comedy Pilot; What About ‘Scream Queens’?
- Stephen Hopkins To Direct Fox Pilot ‘The Beast’; Jason Ensler To Helm NBC’s ‘Redliners’
- Bill Maher Under Gun Over Late-’90s Video Condoning Sex Between 33-Year-Old Teacher And 12-Year-Old Student
- Dylan McDermott To Star In Fox Comedy Pilot 'LA -> Vegas'
- ‘Instinct’ CBS Pilot Casts Daniel Ings; NBC’s ‘Spaced Out’ Adds Brett Goldstein
- ‘24: Legacy’ Producers Apologize For Use Of 2013 Nairobi Terror Attack Footage