Amazon Studios, the film studio that launched a year ago by opening submissions to the public, has attached Hollywood producers Denise Di Novi, Bill Gerber and Edward Saxon to its first projects that have gone through development. More than 6000 scripts and 600 test movies have been submitted since launch, Amazon Studios director Roy Price said. Di Novi (Crazy, Stupid, Love) will produce Touching Blue, from a script by Scott Mullen. The story centers on a woman who can track people based on what they’ve touched but feels intense pain when someone touches her. She is enlisted by the FBI to help track down a serial killer. Gerber (Gran Torino) is attached to Original Soldiers, which is based on a short created by the Amazon Studios team. The plot centers on an old-school strike force that has to save the day when the humans’ droid defense force is disabled. A writer will be selected from more than 1000 pitches for the story. Saxon (Silence Of The Lambs) is producing Children Of Others, a Best Script Award winner by Barrington Smith-Seetachit. It’s the story of a woman who takes her last chance at a fertility clinic, only to find only to find that her unborn child may be the first wave of an alien invasion.
Denise Di Novi, Bill Gerber And Edward Saxon To Produce First Amazon Studios Projects
Trending Now on Deadline
Alamo Drafthouse's Tim League: Make A Place For Christopher Nolan, Quentin Tarantino, And Film Stock In Digital Future
More From Team
- R.I.P. Fashion Designer Oscar De La Renta, Dead At 82
- Lucas Hedges & Penn Badgley Join 'The Slap' Miniseries On NBC; 'Full Circle' Sets Cast
- 'Gold Rush' 5th Season Debut Hits Ratings Motherlode For Discovery
- OSCARS: Eight Documentary Shorts On 2014 Shortlist
- Roger Howarth Joins 'The Flash'; Ryan Hurst In 'Bates Motel'
- Disney Animation Unveils 'Moana' From 'Little Mermaid' Filmmakers For November 2016