Screenwriter Dan Gilroy has come aboard to pen the Chinese superhero project The Annihilator (working title) for Magic Storm Entertainment. CEO Eric Mika said Gilroy would write the screenplay to introduce the Stan Lee superhero to global audiences including the Chinese market as the first film project of the global film-financing joint venture formed by Stan Lee POW! Entertainment and Ricco Capital-Fidelis Entertainment. The story concerns a young man who becomes a superhero who returns to his homeland to mete out justice. Gilroy’s credits include Real Steel, The Bourne Legacy and Two For The Money. Lee described The Annihilator as “the most incredibly original and unique superhero I’ve created in a long time” and said praised who added “it’s a joy to have a hand in bringing this to the screen.” Gilroy is repped by CAA.
Dan Gilroy Signs On To Pen Stan Lee's Chinese Superhero Pic
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Mary McCormack & Alicia Witt Join 'House Of Lies'; Lindsey Gort In 'Self Promotion'
- Courtney Love To Guest Star In Fox's 'Empire'
- 'Good Morning America' Ratings Lead Morning Infotainment Race
- Zachary Booth, Bill Irwin, Six More Round Out 'South Of Hell' Cast On WE TV
- 'Here Comes Honey Boo Boo' Future In Question With Possible Sex Offender Connection
- Gotham Awards Nominees Announced: 'Boyhood' & 'Birdman' Lead Way