Screenwriter Dan Gilroy has come aboard to pen the Chinese superhero project The Annihilator (working title) for Magic Storm Entertainment. CEO Eric Mika said Gilroy would write the screenplay to introduce the Stan Lee superhero to global audiences including the Chinese market as the first film project of the global film-financing joint venture formed by Stan Lee POW! Entertainment and Ricco Capital-Fidelis Entertainment. The story concerns a young man who becomes a superhero who returns to his homeland to mete out justice. Gilroy’s credits include Real Steel, The Bourne Legacy and Two For The Money. Lee described The Annihilator as “the most incredibly original and unique superhero I’ve created in a long time” and said praised who added “it’s a joy to have a hand in bringing this to the screen.” Gilroy is repped by CAA.
Dan Gilroy Signs On To Pen Stan Lee's Chinese Superhero Pic
What's Hot on Deadline
Cloris Leachman On Gene Wilder & The 'Young Frankenstein' Scene That Cracked Him Up: "We Had To Do It 14 Times"
Latest Film News
- Karen Gillan Game For Big Role In ‘Jumanji’
- Warren Beatty’s ‘Rules Don’t Apply’ Set To World Premiere As AFI Fest Opening Night
- Former Paramount & Disney Exec Named CEO Of China-Based Alpha Animation
- Austin Film Festival Lines Up Writers Conference, Packs In A-List Talent From Film and TV
- Jack Reynor, James Franco, Zoe Kravitz, Dennis Quaid Topline Sci-Fi ‘Kin’
- Warner Bros, Anne Hathaway & Gail Berman Spark To Jenny Mollen Book ‘Live Fast Die Hot’