Screenwriter Dan Gilroy has come aboard to pen the Chinese superhero project The Annihilator (working title) for Magic Storm Entertainment. CEO Eric Mika said Gilroy would write the screenplay to introduce the Stan Lee superhero to global audiences including the Chinese market as the first film project of the global film-financing joint venture formed by Stan Lee POW! Entertainment and Ricco Capital-Fidelis Entertainment. The story concerns a young man who becomes a superhero who returns to his homeland to mete out justice. Gilroy’s credits include Real Steel, The Bourne Legacy and Two For The Money. Lee described The Annihilator as “the most incredibly original and unique superhero I’ve created in a long time” and said praised who added “it’s a joy to have a hand in bringing this to the screen.” Gilroy is repped by CAA.
Dan Gilroy Signs On To Pen Stan Lee's Chinese Superhero Pic
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Team
- Loretta Devine Joins Jerrod Carmichael Comedy Pilot; Hemky Madera In 'Queen Of The South'
- Fox Business Network Will Receive 'Strange Inheritance' In January
- Charlie Sheen To Reprise His 'Ferris Bueller's Day Off' Role On 'The Goldbergs'
- Hulu Inks Streaming Deal For FX Series, Including 'Tyrant', 'The Strain' & 'AHS'
- Byron Pitts Replacing Dan Abrams As 'Nightline' Anchor
- 'Orphan Black' Season 3: “This Is War” — Video