Screenwriter Dan Gilroy has come aboard to pen the Chinese superhero project The Annihilator (working title) for Magic Storm Entertainment. CEO Eric Mika said Gilroy would write the screenplay to introduce the Stan Lee superhero to global audiences including the Chinese market as the first film project of the global film-financing joint venture formed by Stan Lee POW! Entertainment and Ricco Capital-Fidelis Entertainment. The story concerns a young man who becomes a superhero who returns to his homeland to mete out justice. Gilroy’s credits include Real Steel, The Bourne Legacy and Two For The Money. Lee described The Annihilator as “the most incredibly original and unique superhero I’ve created in a long time” and said praised who added “it’s a joy to have a hand in bringing this to the screen.” Gilroy is repped by CAA.
Dan Gilroy Signs On To Pen Stan Lee's Chinese Superhero Pic
What's Hot on Deadline
'Tomorrowland' Bows Overseas With $27.5M, 'Ultron' Dominates With $46.4M, 'Mad Max' Adds $38.2M, 'Spy' Nabs $12.5M
Hot Cannes 'Circle' Package Imperiled As Alicia Vikander In Talks To Star In 'Assassin's Creed', New 'Bourne' Film
Latest Film News
- ‘Dope’ Red Band Trailer: Still Lives Up To Its Name
- Director Cary Fukunaga No Longer With Stephen King’s ‘It’
- New ‘When Marnie Was There,’ Holdover ‘Dreams’ Solid – Specialty B.O.
- No Heat At Memorial Day B.O.: ‘Tomorrowland’s Rocket Runs Outta Gas With $41.7M Bow – Monday Update
- 6;Tomorrowland’ Bows Overseas With $27.5M, ‘Ultron’ Dominates With $46.4M, ‘Mad Max’ Adds $38.2M, ‘Spy…
- First Six ‘Star Wars’ Pix To Play Shanghai International Film Fest