Creative America is the coalition of Hollywood studios, networks, unions and guilds that is supporting anti-piracy legislation the Stop Online Piracy Act (in the House) and the PROTECT IP Act (in the Senate) — both bills have been hotly debated and pit content creators against online distributors (Google, etc) who believe the acts would set too many limits. Creative America’s latest push is an ad campaign launched today to air on broadcast and cable channels as well as in print and online. It also has posted on its site a documentary short that looks at the inside world of movie theft. Here’s the first ad:
Creative America Launches Campaign To Support Anti-Piracy Legislation
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Disney Strikes Output Deal With Mediacom
- Former Legendary Digital Chief Launches Production Banner; Inks First-Look Deal With Legendary TV
- Open Road Sets 2015 Date For 'Rock The Kasbah'
- CBS Sets 'Madam Secretary' Encore On Its Premiere Night
- BAFTA Sets Key Dates, Timeline For 2015 Film Awards
- Orange Is The New Green: Schilling, Dinklage Head To 'A Month In The Country'