Creative America is the coalition of Hollywood studios, networks, unions and guilds that is supporting anti-piracy legislation the Stop Online Piracy Act (in the House) and the PROTECT IP Act (in the Senate) — both bills have been hotly debated and pit content creators against online distributors (Google, etc) who believe the acts would set too many limits. Creative America’s latest push is an ad campaign launched today to air on broadcast and cable channels as well as in print and online. It also has posted on its site a documentary short that looks at the inside world of movie theft. Here’s the first ad:
Creative America Launches Campaign To Support Anti-Piracy Legislation
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Team
- Candy Crowley Saluted By Colleagues, Competition, Late-Night Hosts And Robot - Video
- 'Kim Jong-un' Targets Christmas Shoppers On SNL's 'Weekend Update'
- Dr. Evil Disses Sony, Kim Jong-un, Many Others In Mike Myers' Surprise 'SNL' Return
- Republicans To Exhibitors: Play 'The Interview'
- 'Orange Is The New Black' Inmates Croon A Zany 'Twelve Days Of Christmas' – Watch
- North Korea Wants To Work With U.S. To Find Hacker; Obama Admin Asks China For Help – UPDATE