CMT has greenlighted two new docu-reality series: Melissa and Tye: A New Reality starring Melissa Rycroft, which is executive produced by Ryan Seacrest, and I Love Jennie, starring Jennie Garth. Both have received orders for eight half-hour episodes for April premieres and will be showcased during CMT’s portion of the upcoming TCA Winter press tour. Melissa and Tye: A New Reality (working title) is slated to premiere in April. It stars former Dallas Cowboys cheerleader Melissa Rycroft, who rose to fame as a contestant on ABC’s The Bachelor and Dancing With The Stars. Now married to her hometown boyfriend with a 10-month-old daughter, Rycroft is moving to Los Angeles to pursue her Hollywood dreams while managing a long-distance relationship with her husband. I Love Jennie (working title) chronicles the former Beverly Hills, 90210 star’s move with her family to a seven-acre farm in the countryside of Central California, where she will try to put the pressures of Hollywood on the side burner and experience a new way of life. The series is produced by Electus, with Ben Silverman and Jimmy Fox executive producing; 5×5, with executive producers Rick Ringbakk and Craig Armstrong; and Facinelli Films. Garth, Peter Facinelli and Rob de Franco are executive producers.
CMT Greenlights Docu-Reality Series Starring Melissa Rycroft & Jennie Garth
What's Hot on Deadline
Bravo Renews & Expands 'Southern Charm', Sets More 'Shahs Of Sunset' & 'Million Dollar Listing New York'
Latest TV News
- Dan Jinks Sells Three Projects To CBS, Including Comedy Starring Lucas Hazlett
- TV News And Clinton Campaign Thrown Into Tizzy As FBI Looks At Emails Again
- Liz Paulson Upped to SVP Casting At 20th Century Fox TV
- John Zacherle Dies; Pioneering “Cool Ghoul” Horror Host Was 98
- Rob Sharenow On Cops Going Live In A&E Docu Series ‘Live PD’: “They Want the World To See What Really Goes On”…
- AMC Buys ‘Dietland’ Drama From Marti Noxon & Skydance For Series Consideration