CMT has greenlighted two new docu-reality series: Melissa and Tye: A New Reality starring Melissa Rycroft, which is executive produced by Ryan Seacrest, and I Love Jennie, starring Jennie Garth. Both have received orders for eight half-hour episodes for April premieres and will be showcased during CMT’s portion of the upcoming TCA Winter press tour. Melissa and Tye: A New Reality (working title) is slated to premiere in April. It stars former Dallas Cowboys cheerleader Melissa Rycroft, who rose to fame as a contestant on ABC’s The Bachelor and Dancing With The Stars. Now married to her hometown boyfriend with a 10-month-old daughter, Rycroft is moving to Los Angeles to pursue her Hollywood dreams while managing a long-distance relationship with her husband. I Love Jennie (working title) chronicles the former Beverly Hills, 90210 star’s move with her family to a seven-acre farm in the countryside of Central California, where she will try to put the pressures of Hollywood on the side burner and experience a new way of life. The series is produced by Electus, with Ben Silverman and Jimmy Fox executive producing; 5×5, with executive producers Rick Ringbakk and Craig Armstrong; and Facinelli Films. Garth, Peter Facinelli and Rob de Franco are executive producers.
CMT Greenlights Docu-Reality Series Starring Melissa Rycroft & Jennie Garth
What's Hot on Deadline
Keaton Jones Facebook Video Gone After Mom's Confederate Flag Photos Surface: Is Hollywood Still "KeatonStrong"?
Skirball Fire: Officials Determine Cause Of Bel-Air Blaze; Thomas Fire Still Unchecked; Apple Donates $1M - Update
Latest TV News
- Doug Jones Victory Lap: “This Campaign Has Been About Common Courtesy And Decency”
- Roy Moore Will Not Concede In Alabama Senate Race After Doug Jones Win
- Donald Trump Tweets Grudging Congrats To Doug Jones: “A Win Is A Win”
- Doug Jones Alabama Senate Victory Wildly Celebrated On Social Media
- Screen Actors Guild Awards Nominations: How To Watch Via TV, Online
- Alabama Votes Dem Doug Jones To U.S. Senate In Stunning Upset