CMT has greenlighted two new docu-reality series: Melissa and Tye: A New Reality starring Melissa Rycroft, which is executive produced by Ryan Seacrest, and I Love Jennie, starring Jennie Garth. Both have received orders for eight half-hour episodes for April premieres and will be showcased during CMT’s portion of the upcoming TCA Winter press tour. Melissa and Tye: A New Reality (working title) is slated to premiere in April. It stars former Dallas Cowboys cheerleader Melissa Rycroft, who rose to fame as a contestant on ABC’s The Bachelor and Dancing With The Stars. Now married to her hometown boyfriend with a 10-month-old daughter, Rycroft is moving to Los Angeles to pursue her Hollywood dreams while managing a long-distance relationship with her husband. I Love Jennie (working title) chronicles the former Beverly Hills, 90210 star’s move with her family to a seven-acre farm in the countryside of Central California, where she will try to put the pressures of Hollywood on the side burner and experience a new way of life. The series is produced by Electus, with Ben Silverman and Jimmy Fox executive producing; 5×5, with executive producers Rick Ringbakk and Craig Armstrong; and Facinelli Films. Garth, Peter Facinelli and Rob de Franco are executive producers.
CMT Greenlights Docu-Reality Series Starring Melissa Rycroft & Jennie Garth
What's Hot on Deadline
Netflix Lands 'Outlaw King'; David Mackenzie Directs Chris Pine As Robert The Bruce In Scottish Epic
Latest TV News
- MTV Movie & TV Awards On Collision Course With Potential Writers Strike
- Bill O’Reilly “Set A High Bar,” Tucker Carlson Says In Debut In ‘O’Reilly Factor’ Slot
- Faye Dunaway Talks Feeling "Guilty" About Oscars Best Picture Snafu On 'NBC Nightly News With Lester Holt'
- ‘Flip Or Flop’ Stars Christina & Tarek El Moussa To Return For Season 7
- WGA Members Approve Strike Authorization In Historic Turnout
- “Sad” Bill O’Reilly Says Fans Will Be “Shaken” When “Truth Comes Out” About Fox…