The Santa Barbara International Film Festival will bestow the Modern Master Award to Christopher Plummer during a tribute January 28. It’s the highest honor presented by the festival, which previously awarded it to Michael Douglas, Jodie Foster, Anthony Hopkins, Diane Keaton, Sean Penn, Jeff Bridges, Peter Jackson, George Clooney, Will Smith, Cate Blanchett, Clint Eastwood, James Cameron, and Christopher Nolan. Plummer, whose first film role came in Sidney Lumet’s 1958 pic Stage Struck, is in the heat of awards season with his supporting role in Focus Features’ Beginners. He already earned a supporting actor Globe nomination today for the role to go along with a SAG Award nom, and he also appears in Sony’s upcoming David Fincher film The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo.
Christopher Plummer To Receive Santa Barbara's Modern Master Award
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Rookie Comedies 'Selfie' & 'A To Z' Hit Hulu Ahead Of Network Premieres (Video)
- Turner CEO Says Plans For More “Streamlined, Nimble” Company Coming In Next Two Months
- Scott Adsit Joins AMC Pilot 'We Hate Paul Revere'; Sibylla Deen & Kylie Bunbury in Spike TV's 'Tut'
- Eva Longoria Joins Fox's 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine'
- Universal & Legendary Date 'Krampus,' 'Spectral'; Open Road Shifts 'Nightcrawler'
- Good Deed Entertainment Taps Myrl Schreibman As President Of Production