CBS’ long-running Face The Nation will expand to an hour in the spring, moderator Bob Schieffer announced to viewers on Sunday. The move will put the half-hour weekly staple on an equal time footing with its competitors. “I cannot remember when I’ve been happier to break a story than I am to tell you this,” Schieffer told viewers. The show has been around since 1954, and news division executives have wanted to extend it program to hour for several years. The 60-minute format will remain in place for 20 weeks through the political conventions next summer. Executives then will make a decision on whether to make the change permanent. Meet the Press on NBC, This Week on ABC and Fox News Sunday on Fox are each an hour.
CBS 'Face The Nation' Expanding To An Hour In Spring For 20-Week Election Cycle
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Netflix Nabs Judd Apatow Comedy Series With 2-Season Order; Paul Rust & Gillian Jacobs To Star, Legendary TV To Produce
More From Team
- Zach Gilford & Jonathan Cake Join USA Pilot 'Stanistan'
- Hot Trailer: Robert Downey Jr & Robert Duvall In 'The Judge'
- Paramount Shifts 'Scouts Vs Zombies', 'Paranormal Activity 5′ Release Dates
- TNT Nabs Rights To Five Upcoming Marvel Pics Including 'Avengers: Age Of Ultron'
- Bill Hader To Host 'SNL' October 11
- Veria Living Rebrands And Gets New Name – Now Z Living