CBS’ long-running Face The Nation will expand to an hour in the spring, moderator Bob Schieffer announced to viewers on Sunday. The move will put the half-hour weekly staple on an equal time footing with its competitors. “I cannot remember when I’ve been happier to break a story than I am to tell you this,” Schieffer told viewers. The show has been around since 1954, and news division executives have wanted to extend it program to hour for several years. The 60-minute format will remain in place for 20 weeks through the political conventions next summer. Executives then will make a decision on whether to make the change permanent. Meet the Press on NBC, This Week on ABC and Fox News Sunday on Fox are each an hour.
CBS 'Face The Nation' Expanding To An Hour In Spring For 20-Week Election Cycle
What's Hot on Deadline
Stephen Colbert Feels "Blessed" By Donald Trump's Pick Of Potty-Mouth Scaramucci As Communications Chief
'Devil's Bargain': Blumhouse TV Acquires Book About Steve Bannon & Donald Trump For Limited Series Adaptation
Mario Cantone Debuts As Potty-Mouth White House Communications Director Anthony Scaramucci On 'The President Show'
Latest TV News
- Rob Lowe Talks Hollow Moon, Ghost Sensing Gadgets, ‘The Lowe Files’ – TCA
- ‘Phelps Vs Shark’ Breaks Shark Week Ratings Record For Discovery
- HBO’s ‘All Def Comedy’ To Return As Series In December
- Anthony Scaramucci’s Politicon Participation Now Not Even Remotely Likely
- Lifetime Greenlights Simone Biles Biopic, Sets Fall Movie Premiere Dates – TCA
- ‘UnReal’ Renewed For Season 4 On Lifetime; Rookie ‘Mary Kills People’ Also Picked Up – TCA