CBS’ long-running Face The Nation will expand to an hour in the spring, moderator Bob Schieffer announced to viewers on Sunday. The move will put the half-hour weekly staple on an equal time footing with its competitors. “I cannot remember when I’ve been happier to break a story than I am to tell you this,” Schieffer told viewers. The show has been around since 1954, and news division executives have wanted to extend it program to hour for several years. The 60-minute format will remain in place for 20 weeks through the political conventions next summer. Executives then will make a decision on whether to make the change permanent. Meet the Press on NBC, This Week on ABC and Fox News Sunday on Fox are each an hour.
CBS 'Face The Nation' Expanding To An Hour In Spring For 20-Week Election Cycle
What's Hot on Deadline
Netflix Plans 80 Movies In 2018, Up From Eight In Current Quarter; "People Will Start Seeing The Potential"
Latest TV News
- Donald Trump Tweets: Tom Marino Out As Drug Czar Nom After WaPo/’60 Minutes’ Expose
- Catherine Zeta-Jones Talks ‘Cocaine Godmother’ & True Ambition – Mipcom
- TV Azteca, Keshet Team For Super Series; Acorn Looks ‘Straight Forward’ – Mipcom
- NBCU And Snap Inc. Launch Digital Studio With Lauren Anderson Heading Content
- Jimmy Kimmel Returns To Brooklyn, Vowing To Be “As Artisanal As It Gets”
- Trevor Noah Probes Chicago Murder Rate To Kick Off ‘The Daily Show’ Windy City Week