CBS’ long-running Face The Nation will expand to an hour in the spring, moderator Bob Schieffer announced to viewers on Sunday. The move will put the half-hour weekly staple on an equal time footing with its competitors. “I cannot remember when I’ve been happier to break a story than I am to tell you this,” Schieffer told viewers. The show has been around since 1954, and news division executives have wanted to extend it program to hour for several years. The 60-minute format will remain in place for 20 weeks through the political conventions next summer. Executives then will make a decision on whether to make the change permanent. Meet the Press on NBC, This Week on ABC and Fox News Sunday on Fox are each an hour.
CBS 'Face The Nation' Expanding To An Hour In Spring For 20-Week Election Cycle
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Courtney Love To Guest Star In Fox's 'Empire'
- 'Good Morning America' Ratings Lead Morning Infotainment Race
- Zachary Booth, Bill Irwin, Six More Round Out 'South Of Hell' Cast On WE TV
- 'Here Comes Honey Boo Boo' Future In Question With Possible Sex Offender Connection
- Gotham Awards Nominees Announced: 'Boyhood' & 'Birdman' Lead Way
- Create Advertising Group Ups Carrie Gormley & Jonathan Gitlin