CBS’ long-running Face The Nation will expand to an hour in the spring, moderator Bob Schieffer announced to viewers on Sunday. The move will put the half-hour weekly staple on an equal time footing with its competitors. “I cannot remember when I’ve been happier to break a story than I am to tell you this,” Schieffer told viewers. The show has been around since 1954, and news division executives have wanted to extend it program to hour for several years. The 60-minute format will remain in place for 20 weeks through the political conventions next summer. Executives then will make a decision on whether to make the change permanent. Meet the Press on NBC, This Week on ABC and Fox News Sunday on Fox are each an hour.
CBS 'Face The Nation' Expanding To An Hour In Spring For 20-Week Election Cycle
What's Hot on Deadline
Trevor Noah On Trump Ignoring First 100 Days: If Voters Chose The Number They Preferred "You Wouldn’t Be In The White House”
'Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2' Review: Chris Pratt Leads Best Marvel Cast Ever To Save The Universe (And This Sequel)
'Bates Motel' Shuts Its Doors With Bloody Series Finale; Will Other Hitchcock Pics Find Their Way To TV?
'Kingsman: The Golden Circle' Trailer: Julianne Moore, Channing Tatum & Jeff Bridges Join The Action For Round 2
Latest TV News
- Directors’ Fortnight Adds Title; Karlovy Vary Sets Tributes – Global Briefs
- Henrik Bastin Re-Ups As CEO At Fabrik Entertainment
- Trevor Noah On Trump Ignoring First 100 Days: If Voters Chose The Number They Preferred “You Wouldn't Be In The…
- ‘Bates Motel’ Shuts Its Doors With Bloody Series Finale; Will Other Hitchcock Pics Find Their Way To TV?
- Aasif Mandvi Getting ‘Younger’; Robert Craighead Joins ‘Future Man’
- MTV Movie & TV Awards On Collision Course With Potential Writers Strike