EXCLUSIVE: CAA has signed Melissa Leo, the reigning Best Supporting Actress winner for The Fighter. Leo had been repped by ICM. Leo was best known for her work on the NBC drama Homicide until she caught feature momentum first with Frozen River, which won her the Best Actress Independent Spirit Award and got her an Oscar nomination, and then with The Fighter, which won her the Golden Globe and then the Oscar after Leo scrapped her way to attention by waging her own awards campaign and delivered the most animated acceptance speech of the evening. Leo most recently starred in the Kevin Smith-directed Red State and the HBO miniseries Mildred Pierce.
CAA Signs 'The Fighter's Melissa Leo
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Holy Macau…Casino Short Film Lineup: Scorsese, De Niro, DiCaprio, Pitt
- Venice Spotlight: Ami Canaan Mann On 'Jackie & Ryan'
- Not So Fast On 'Hey Ho, Let's Go'
- 'Sons Of Anarchy's Charlie Hunnam Is Guy Ritchie's Choice For King Arthur
- Dark Day For Civility In Trade Journalism