EXCLUSIVE: CAA has signed Melissa Leo, the reigning Best Supporting Actress winner for The Fighter. Leo had been repped by ICM. Leo was best known for her work on the NBC drama Homicide until she caught feature momentum first with Frozen River, which won her the Best Actress Independent Spirit Award and got her an Oscar nomination, and then with The Fighter, which won her the Golden Globe and then the Oscar after Leo scrapped her way to attention by waging her own awards campaign and delivered the most animated acceptance speech of the evening. Leo most recently starred in the Kevin Smith-directed Red State and the HBO miniseries Mildred Pierce.
CAA Signs 'The Fighter's Melissa Leo
Trending Now on Deadline
Ryan Murphy & His 'Glee' Co-Creators Get Fox Series Order For Comedy-Horror Anthology 'Scream Queens'
Alamo Drafthouse's Tim League: Make A Place For Christopher Nolan, Quentin Tarantino, And Film Stock In Digital Future
FINAL: 'Fury' Wins Box Office War With $23.7M; 'Book Of Life' At $17M; 'Gone Girl' $100M+; 'Best Of Me' $10M - B.O. Final
More From Fleming Jr
- MGM Nabs Hot Pitch 'Cop Swap'; Rematch With 'Hot Tub Time Machine' Helmer Steve Pink
- Rich Green Jumps To ICM Partners; Top Book-To-Film Rights Broker Leaves Resolution
- TPG Spends $225 Million In Deal That Ups Stake In CAA To 53%
- Lionsgate, Tribeca Team For Subscription VOD Launch
- Bart & Fleming: WB's Spandex OD; Ebola The Series; Neil Patrick Harris Near EGOT
- Netflix & Leonardo DiCaprio Team On 'Virunga' Documentary Release