Rachel McAdams and Noomi Rapace are set to star in Brian De Palma’s remake of Alain Corneau’s 2010 thriller Crime D’Amour. The De Palma version will be titled Passion and begins shooting in Berlin on March 5. France’s Said Ben Saïd is producing the France-Germany co-production via his SBS Productions. Integral Films is the German partner. Kristin Scott-Thomas and Ludivine Sagnier starred in the original film noir, about a power struggle between a ruthless executive and her protégé. The Passion story will follow the same lines, with De Palma adding his spin to a script he wrote. A major male role and a smaller female role have yet to be cast. Those will likely be played by Europeans, with deals expected to be firmed up in January. De Palma will shoot for 10 weeks with delivery expected at the end of the year. Ben Saïd’s SBS has international sales. McAdams and Rapace are repped by UTA and Magnolia Entertainment. De Palma is repped by ICM.
Brian De Palma Has 'Passion' For Rachel McAdams And Noomi Rapace
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Tartaglione
- 'Maze Runner' Adds $38M Internationally With No. 1s In 50 Countries; 'Apes' Crosses $100M In China
- 'Saint Laurent' Tapped As France's Entry Into Foreign Language Oscar Race
- 'Downton Abbey' Season 5 Premiere In UK Least Watched Since Series Opener
- Peter Kujawski Named Managing Director Of Universal Pictures Int'l Productions
- 'Mommy' To Rep Canada In Foreign-Lingo Oscar Race; Belgium Picks 'Two Days, One Night'
- Annabelle Wallis Joins Armie Hammer In Psychological Thriller 'Mine'