Rachel McAdams and Noomi Rapace are set to star in Brian De Palma’s remake of Alain Corneau’s 2010 thriller Crime D’Amour. The De Palma version will be titled Passion and begins shooting in Berlin on March 5. France’s Said Ben Saïd is producing the France-Germany co-production via his SBS Productions. Integral Films is the German partner. Kristin Scott-Thomas and Ludivine Sagnier starred in the original film noir, about a power struggle between a ruthless executive and her protégé. The Passion story will follow the same lines, with De Palma adding his spin to a script he wrote. A major male role and a smaller female role have yet to be cast. Those will likely be played by Europeans, with deals expected to be firmed up in January. De Palma will shoot for 10 weeks with delivery expected at the end of the year. Ben Saïd’s SBS has international sales. McAdams and Rapace are repped by UTA and Magnolia Entertainment. De Palma is repped by ICM.
Brian De Palma Has 'Passion' For Rachel McAdams And Noomi Rapace
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Tartaglione
- The China-Hollywood Poker Play: Is There A Sucker At This Table?
- Turkey Day Domestic Box Office Dips As 'Mockingjay' Flies Past $200M Overseas
- 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Brings The Dark Side, And The Light: Hot Teaser
- James McAvoy Has Company In 'The Ruling Class'; 'Rocky Horror' Sequel Time Warps To Stage: West End Briefs
- Cannes Pics Vie For Delluc Prize; China Plans 6 'Three Body' Films: Global Showbiz Briefs
- Frank Yablans, Former Paramount President, Dead At 79