Rachel McAdams and Noomi Rapace are set to star in Brian De Palma’s remake of Alain Corneau’s 2010 thriller Crime D’Amour. The De Palma version will be titled Passion and begins shooting in Berlin on March 5. France’s Said Ben Saïd is producing the France-Germany co-production via his SBS Productions. Integral Films is the German partner. Kristin Scott-Thomas and Ludivine Sagnier starred in the original film noir, about a power struggle between a ruthless executive and her protégé. The Passion story will follow the same lines, with De Palma adding his spin to a script he wrote. A major male role and a smaller female role have yet to be cast. Those will likely be played by Europeans, with deals expected to be firmed up in January. De Palma will shoot for 10 weeks with delivery expected at the end of the year. Ben Saïd’s SBS has international sales. McAdams and Rapace are repped by UTA and Magnolia Entertainment. De Palma is repped by ICM.
Brian De Palma Has 'Passion' For Rachel McAdams And Noomi Rapace
What's Hot on Deadline
Netflix Plans 80 Movies In 2018, Up From Eight In Current Quarter; "People Will Start Seeing The Potential"
Latest Film News
- TV Azteca, Keshet Team For Super Series; Acorn Looks ‘Straight Forward’ – Mipcom
- Netflix Plans 80 Movies In 2018, Up From Eight In Current Quarter; “People Will Start Seeing The Potential”
- Cher Dances Her Way Into ‘Mamma Mia!’ Sequel
- ‘Better Call Saul’s Michael Mando Joins Jesse Eisenberg In ‘The Hummingbird Project’
- Jordan Peele, Channing Dungey & More Named As Honorees At AAFCA’s Special Achievement Ceremony
- Netflix Gains 5.3M Global Subs In Q3 As Stock Sets Record; Says Bid For Weinstein Co “Extremely Unlikely”