Rachel McAdams and Noomi Rapace are set to star in Brian De Palma’s remake of Alain Corneau’s 2010 thriller Crime D’Amour. The De Palma version will be titled Passion and begins shooting in Berlin on March 5. France’s Said Ben Saïd is producing the France-Germany co-production via his SBS Productions. Integral Films is the German partner. Kristin Scott-Thomas and Ludivine Sagnier starred in the original film noir, about a power struggle between a ruthless executive and her protégé. The Passion story will follow the same lines, with De Palma adding his spin to a script he wrote. A major male role and a smaller female role have yet to be cast. Those will likely be played by Europeans, with deals expected to be firmed up in January. De Palma will shoot for 10 weeks with delivery expected at the end of the year. Ben Saïd’s SBS has international sales. McAdams and Rapace are repped by UTA and Magnolia Entertainment. De Palma is repped by ICM.
Brian De Palma Has 'Passion' For Rachel McAdams And Noomi Rapace
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Tartaglione
- Global Showbiz Briefs: BBC Unveils 'Doctor Who' Web Series; 'Coronation Street' & 'Emmerdale' Staying On Aussie TV Into 2020
- Global Showbiz Briefs: Tom Cruise, 'Edge Of Tomorrow' Score Japan Cool Prizes; Bloomsbury Set Circled For 'Life In Squares'
- Hot Trailer: Marion Cotillard Has 'Two Days, One Night'
- Will Disney Take 'Pirates 5′ Down Under Using '20,000 Leagues' Tax Incentive?
- Intl Box Office Final: 'Turtles' Overpower 'Expendables 3′ In Russia; 'Dragon 2′ Takes Flight In China With $25.9M
- BBC One Renews Hit Crime Drama 'Happy Valley'