Rachel McAdams and Noomi Rapace are set to star in Brian De Palma’s remake of Alain Corneau’s 2010 thriller Crime D’Amour. The De Palma version will be titled Passion and begins shooting in Berlin on March 5. France’s Said Ben Saïd is producing the France-Germany co-production via his SBS Productions. Integral Films is the German partner. Kristin Scott-Thomas and Ludivine Sagnier starred in the original film noir, about a power struggle between a ruthless executive and her protégé. The Passion story will follow the same lines, with De Palma adding his spin to a script he wrote. A major male role and a smaller female role have yet to be cast. Those will likely be played by Europeans, with deals expected to be firmed up in January. De Palma will shoot for 10 weeks with delivery expected at the end of the year. Ben Saïd’s SBS has international sales. McAdams and Rapace are repped by UTA and Magnolia Entertainment. De Palma is repped by ICM.
Brian De Palma Has 'Passion' For Rachel McAdams And Noomi Rapace
What's Hot on Deadline
Bill O'Reilly To Matt Lauer On His Firing From Fox News & Sexual Harassment Claims: "This Was A Hit Job"
Latest Film News
- Johnny Depp’s Ex-Biz Managers Add Actor’s Friends & Family To Expenses Suit
- Jon Gonda Moves To Paramount From Warner Bros
- Scott Rudin Productions Lands Alice McDermott Novel ‘The Ninth Hour’
- Adam Bartley Joins Adam McKay’s Dick Cheney Film; Elaine Hendrix Cast In ‘Burying Yasmeen’ Indie
- Israeli Drama ‘Foxtrot’ Acquired By Sony Pictures Classics As Pic Wins 8 Ophir Awards
- Killer Of Fox Executive Gavin Smith Gets Max Sentence