Bob Iger joined the Apple board of directors on November 15 and already is showing the love for his new teammates. According to an SEC filing, the Disney chairman and CEO this week acquired 2670 shares of the tech giant at an average price of $375, putting the total cost at just above $1 million. The move is seen as a gesture of confidence in the company, which is moving on following the death of Steve Jobs, but it would have been more fun if Iger had bought $1 million worth of iPhones and passed them out randomly at Disneyland. Oh well, maybe next time.
Bob Iger A Team Player, Buys Apple Stock
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- UPDATE: Warner Bros Moves Up 'Entourage' Release By A Week
- Terry Keenan Dead: Longtime Business Reporter-Anchor At CNN, CNBC & Fox News
- Film Independent Spirit Awards 2015 To Be Broadcast Live On IFC
- Lyndsy Fonseca Joins 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- Jim Parsons To Star In Animated 'Elf' Holiday Special On NBC
- 'Madam Secretary' Coming To U.K. On Sky Living; NBCUniversal International Television Production Pacts With TV3 Group Ireland…