Bob Iger joined the Apple board of directors on November 15 and already is showing the love for his new teammates. According to an SEC filing, the Disney chairman and CEO this week acquired 2670 shares of the tech giant at an average price of $375, putting the total cost at just above $1 million. The move is seen as a gesture of confidence in the company, which is moving on following the death of Steve Jobs, but it would have been more fun if Iger had bought $1 million worth of iPhones and passed them out randomly at Disneyland. Oh well, maybe next time.
Bob Iger A Team Player, Buys Apple Stock
Trending Now on Deadline
NBC Cameraman Declared Ebola-Free; Tries To Rescue Nancy Snyderman From Self-Inflicted Career Disaster -- UPDATE
More From Team
- Create Advertising Group Ups Carrie Gormley & Jonathan Gitlin
- Karen Pittman Joins 'The Americans'; Gloria Reuben In 'Mr. Robot'
- 'Below Deck' Renewed For Third Season By Bravo
- 'Shark Tank' Spinoff 'Beyond The Tank' Ordered At ABC
- 'Cold Justice' Spinoff Greenlit By TNT
- Hollywood Film Awards Sets 18 Categories