Bob Iger joined the Apple board of directors on November 15 and already is showing the love for his new teammates. According to an SEC filing, the Disney chairman and CEO this week acquired 2670 shares of the tech giant at an average price of $375, putting the total cost at just above $1 million. The move is seen as a gesture of confidence in the company, which is moving on following the death of Steve Jobs, but it would have been more fun if Iger had bought $1 million worth of iPhones and passed them out randomly at Disneyland. Oh well, maybe next time.
Bob Iger A Team Player, Buys Apple Stock
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Huayi Brothers Spending $130 Million To Start U.S. Subsidiary
- 11 Years Later, Feds Order CNN To Rehire Fired Union Workers
- Hot Trailer: Jason Schwartzman & Elisabeth Moss In 'Listen Up Philip'
- Chiké Okonkwo Set For 'Banshee' Arc; Scott Glenn Joins 'Marvel's Daredevil'
- UPDATE: FCC Weighs In On Local Broadcaster's Rescue Of Dodgers For Stretch Run
- 'Bill Maher: Live From DC' HBO's Most Watched Comedy Special In 5 Years