Boardwalk Empire’s second season ended on a high note. The finale, featuring the shocking death of a major character (I won’t reveal more for the sake of procrastinating DVR viewers), averaged a season high 3 million viewers at 9 PM on Sunday. Another 834,000 viewers caught the 11 PM replay for a combined audience of 3.8 million. Sandwiched between the two airings of Boardwalk Empire was a preview of HBO’s new David Milch-Michael Mann series Luck, which premieres January 29. The pilot episode of the horse-racing drama starring Dustin Hoffman averaged 1.1 million viewers, holding onto a third of the Boardwalk Empire finale audience.
'Boardwalk Empire's Shocking Finale Hits Season High, 'Luck' So-So In Preview
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Lea Michele Cast In ABC Mayor Comedy Pilot; What About ‘Scream Queens’?
- Stephen Hopkins To Direct Fox Pilot ‘The Beast’; Jason Ensler To Helm NBC’s ‘Redliners’
- Bill Maher Under Gun Over Late-’90s Video Condoning Sex Between 33-Year-Old Teacher And 12-Year-Old Student
- Dylan McDermott To Star In Fox Comedy Pilot 'LA -> Vegas'
- ‘Instinct’ CBS Pilot Casts Daniel Ings; NBC’s ‘Spaced Out’ Adds Brett Goldstein
- ‘24: Legacy’ Producers Apologize For Use Of 2013 Nairobi Terror Attack Footage