Boardwalk Empire’s second season ended on a high note. The finale, featuring the shocking death of a major character (I won’t reveal more for the sake of procrastinating DVR viewers), averaged a season high 3 million viewers at 9 PM on Sunday. Another 834,000 viewers caught the 11 PM replay for a combined audience of 3.8 million. Sandwiched between the two airings of Boardwalk Empire was a preview of HBO’s new David Milch-Michael Mann series Luck, which premieres January 29. The pilot episode of the horse-racing drama starring Dustin Hoffman averaged 1.1 million viewers, holding onto a third of the Boardwalk Empire finale audience.
'Boardwalk Empire's Shocking Finale Hits Season High, 'Luck' So-So In Preview
What's Hot on Deadline
Bravo Unveils Unscripted Slate With 6 New & 18 Returning Series; More 'Real Housewives' & 'Vanderpump Rules'
M Night Shyamalan Unveils 'Glass': 'Unbreakable' & 'Split' Sequel To Star Bruce Willis, Samuel L Jackson, James McAvoy
Mindy Kaling & 3 Arts Option Alyssa Mastromonaco White House Memoir 'Who Thought This Was A Good Idea?' For TV
Latest TV News
- ‘Bachelor’ Alum Chris Soules’ Lawyers Insist He Didn’t Leave Scene Of Fatal Accident
- BET Greenlights New Series From Kevin Hart, Steve Harvey, Wanda Sykes & More – Upfronts
- Warner Bros. TV Ups Peter Girardi To Dual EVP Roles
- AMC Networks’ Josh Sapan Made $30.5M In 2016, Up 72.4%, Proxy Shows
- ‘Shooter’: Patrick Sabongui, Troy Garity & Jaina Lee Ortiz Set To Recur In Season 2
- ‘Timeless’ EP Eric Kripke On The Moment He Realized He Was Telling A James Bond Story — AwardsLine…