Boardwalk Empire’s second season ended on a high note. The finale, featuring the shocking death of a major character (I won’t reveal more for the sake of procrastinating DVR viewers), averaged a season high 3 million viewers at 9 PM on Sunday. Another 834,000 viewers caught the 11 PM replay for a combined audience of 3.8 million. Sandwiched between the two airings of Boardwalk Empire was a preview of HBO’s new David Milch-Michael Mann series Luck, which premieres January 29. The pilot episode of the horse-racing drama starring Dustin Hoffman averaged 1.1 million viewers, holding onto a third of the Boardwalk Empire finale audience.
'Boardwalk Empire's Shocking Finale Hits Season High, 'Luck' So-So In Preview
What's Hot on Deadline
'Dancing With The Stars' Season 23 Will See Return Of Pros Julianne & Derek Hough, Maksim Chmerkovskiy
James Corden On The Fruits Of 'Carpool Karaoke', The Internet And Those Emmy Nominations - AwardsLine
'House of Cards' Actor Mahershala Ali On His Departure From The Series And Netflix's Upcoming 'Luke Cage'
Latest TV News
- Telemundo Responds To SAG-AFTRA’s Accusation Of Censorship For Not Airing Ad Critical Of NBCUniversal
- ‘Adam Ruins Everything’ Including The Oscars – With A Little Help From Pete Hammond
- AT&T, HBO Ink All-Platform Content Deal; Programming Set For OTT Service
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ Season 23 Will See Return Of Pros Julianne & Derek Hough, Maksim Chmerkovskiy
- Donald Trump’s Doctor Explains “Astonishingly Healthy” Medical Record To NBC News
- NBC Buys Modern-Day Noah’s Ark Drama Produced By Robert Zemeckis