Boardwalk Empire’s second season ended on a high note. The finale, featuring the shocking death of a major character (I won’t reveal more for the sake of procrastinating DVR viewers), averaged a season high 3 million viewers at 9 PM on Sunday. Another 834,000 viewers caught the 11 PM replay for a combined audience of 3.8 million. Sandwiched between the two airings of Boardwalk Empire was a preview of HBO’s new David Milch-Michael Mann series Luck, which premieres January 29. The pilot episode of the horse-racing drama starring Dustin Hoffman averaged 1.1 million viewers, holding onto a third of the Boardwalk Empire finale audience.
'Boardwalk Empire's Shocking Finale Hits Season High, 'Luck' So-So In Preview
What's Hot on Deadline
'Gods Of Egypt': 'Selma' Director Ava DuVernay Responds To Alex Proyas & Lionsgate Apology For Lack Of Diversity - Update
Thanksgiving Box Office +12% Over 2014, Boosted By 'Mockingjay 2', 'Good Dinosaur' & 'Creed' - Sunday AM Final Update
China Makes Space For ‘The Martian’ As ‘Good Dinosaur’ Snatches Eggs From No. 1 ‘Mockingjay 2’ – Intl B.O. Update
’The Danish Girl’ Bows With Style; 'Janis: Little Girl Blue' Solid In Debut; 'Carol’ Dominates Thanksgiving: Specialty B.O.
Latest TV News
- Jeremy Clarkson Introduces Amazon Drone Delivery Ahead Of ‘#Drive2Prime’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Midseason Finale Continues Blockbuster’s Fatal Year-End Tradition
- ‘Joy’s New TV Trailer: Fox Posts Spot Amid Initial Industry Screenings
- Al Markim, Who Played Astro In Pioneering ‘Tom Corbett, Space Cadet,’ Dies At 88
- ‘MasterChef Jr.’ Ratings Down, ‘Amazing Race’ Even, ‘Santa Claus’ Matches 2014
- ‘NFL On CBS’ Snags Strong Thanksgiving Day Ratings