Boardwalk Empire’s second season ended on a high note. The finale, featuring the shocking death of a major character (I won’t reveal more for the sake of procrastinating DVR viewers), averaged a season high 3 million viewers at 9 PM on Sunday. Another 834,000 viewers caught the 11 PM replay for a combined audience of 3.8 million. Sandwiched between the two airings of Boardwalk Empire was a preview of HBO’s new David Milch-Michael Mann series Luck, which premieres January 29. The pilot episode of the horse-racing drama starring Dustin Hoffman averaged 1.1 million viewers, holding onto a third of the Boardwalk Empire finale audience.
'Boardwalk Empire's Shocking Finale Hits Season High, 'Luck' So-So In Preview
What's Hot on Deadline
Peter Jackson Confirms Ashley Judd & Mira Sorvino Claims Harvey Weinstein Blacklisted Them From 'LOTR'
Latest TV News
- “Hello, Clarice” – Jodie Foster Visits Stephen Colbert For Special Probe Into Lecter Ties To Trump
- ‘Exorcist’ EPs Talk Tonight’s Finale, Possible Season 3 & Disney/Fox Deal
- ‘The Trade’: Morgan Spurlock Dropped As Executive Producer Of Showtime’s Sundance-Bound Docu Series
- Filming On TNT Unscripted Series ‘Who Rules The World’ Suspended As Producers Sever Ties With Morgan Spurlock
- Liz Mahoney, Megan Moss Pachon, Bryna Rifkin & Heidi Lopata Form New PR Shingle Narrative
- ‘Watergate’ Limited Series From George Clooney & Matt Charman In Works At Netflix