Boardwalk Empire’s second season ended on a high note. The finale, featuring the shocking death of a major character (I won’t reveal more for the sake of procrastinating DVR viewers), averaged a season high 3 million viewers at 9 PM on Sunday. Another 834,000 viewers caught the 11 PM replay for a combined audience of 3.8 million. Sandwiched between the two airings of Boardwalk Empire was a preview of HBO’s new David Milch-Michael Mann series Luck, which premieres January 29. The pilot episode of the horse-racing drama starring Dustin Hoffman averaged 1.1 million viewers, holding onto a third of the Boardwalk Empire finale audience.
'Boardwalk Empire's Shocking Finale Hits Season High, 'Luck' So-So In Preview
What's Hot on Deadline
DGA Awards: Alejandro G. Iñárritu Wins Feature Film Award For 'The Revenant'; HBO Cleans Up With Wins For 'Game Of Thrones', 'Veep' & 'Bessie' - Full List
'Kung Fu Panda 3' Does Touchdown Dance With $21M As Super Bowl Weekend Slaughters 'Zombies', 'Choice': Sunday B.O.
DGA Awards: Inarritu's Big Win Gives Momentum To 'Revenant' But Keeps Best Picture Race In The Undecided Column
'Revenant', 'Martian' & More In Global Milestones; 'Kung Fu Panda' Tops $100M In China - Intl Box Office Update
Latest TV News
- President Obama, Scott Kelly, Chewbacca Help Stephen Colbert Opens First Live ‘Late Show’ Post-Super Bowl
- Peter Farrelly Directs CBS All Access Super Bowl Promo
- Jazzed Coldplay, Bruno Mars & Beyonce Harmonize At Super Bowl 50 Halftime Show – Review
- ‘The Good Wife’ To End This Spring After Seven Seasons
- Barack Obama Wins Soft Bowl With CBS’ Gayle King In Super Bowl Interview
- ABC’s GOP Debate Wins Saturday, Draws 13.2 Million Viewers