Boardwalk Empire’s second season ended on a high note. The finale, featuring the shocking death of a major character (I won’t reveal more for the sake of procrastinating DVR viewers), averaged a season high 3 million viewers at 9 PM on Sunday. Another 834,000 viewers caught the 11 PM replay for a combined audience of 3.8 million. Sandwiched between the two airings of Boardwalk Empire was a preview of HBO’s new David Milch-Michael Mann series Luck, which premieres January 29. The pilot episode of the horse-racing drama starring Dustin Hoffman averaged 1.1 million viewers, holding onto a third of the Boardwalk Empire finale audience.
'Boardwalk Empire's Shocking Finale Hits Season High, 'Luck' So-So In Preview
What's Hot on Deadline
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Jurassic World' Tracking Like 'Man Of Steel' - But How Many $100M+ Openings After That In Summer 2015?
Latest TV News
- ‘Fuller’ Brush-Off: Olsens Won’t Head Home For ‘Full House’ Sequel
- Melissa McCarthy Staying At CAA
- UP Orders ‘Last Hope With Troy Dunn’ To Series
- Swoosie Kurtz On ‘Mike & Molly,’ Mom And Her First Tony Award Nomination
- ‘Golan The Insatiable’ Trailer: Kneel Before Fox’s New Toon Series
- Joe Henderson Inks Overall Deal With Warner Bros. TV