Boardwalk Empire’s second season ended on a high note. The finale, featuring the shocking death of a major character (I won’t reveal more for the sake of procrastinating DVR viewers), averaged a season high 3 million viewers at 9 PM on Sunday. Another 834,000 viewers caught the 11 PM replay for a combined audience of 3.8 million. Sandwiched between the two airings of Boardwalk Empire was a preview of HBO’s new David Milch-Michael Mann series Luck, which premieres January 29. The pilot episode of the horse-racing drama starring Dustin Hoffman averaged 1.1 million viewers, holding onto a third of the Boardwalk Empire finale audience.
'Boardwalk Empire's Shocking Finale Hits Season High, 'Luck' So-So In Preview
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- HBO, Russia’s Amedia Expand Deal; ‘Doctor Who’ Showrunner Russell T. Davies To Be Honored At Edinburgh TV Fest…
- Charter Forges Alliance With Dolan Family Media Analytics Firm
- MSNBC Clocks Cable’s Largest Weekday Primetime Crowd For First Time In Its History
- Jimmy Fallon Unveils Former White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer’s New Music Video
- ‘Santa Clarita Diet’: Zach Knighton Set For Major Season 2 Arc On Netflix Comedy
- Sabrina Wind Named TV President Of Jason Reed’s ABC Studios-Based Co.