BET Networks has signed a multi-platform talent deal with former CNN anchor T.J. Holmes. Under the pact, Holmes will host a new show on BET and contribute to BET.com. Details on his BET show are still sketchy and the network wouldn’t confirm whether the program will be daily or weekly, but it is expected to feature Holmes’ prospective on current events as well as human interest stories. At CNN, Holmes anchored major breaking news stories and human interest pieces ranging from the tornadoes across the Midwest and Southeast to the Gulf oil spill in 2010 to Saddam Hussein’s execution in 2006. Holmes came to CNN from NBC11 in the San Francisco Bay Area.
BET Signs Talent Deal With T.J. Holmes
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over
- Enver Gjokaj & Chad Michael Murray Cast In ABC Series 'Marvel's Agent Carter'