BET Networks has signed a multi-platform talent deal with former CNN anchor T.J. Holmes. Under the pact, Holmes will host a new show on BET and contribute to BET.com. Details on his BET show are still sketchy and the network wouldn’t confirm whether the program will be daily or weekly, but it is expected to feature Holmes’ prospective on current events as well as human interest stories. At CNN, Holmes anchored major breaking news stories and human interest pieces ranging from the tornadoes across the Midwest and Southeast to the Gulf oil spill in 2010 to Saddam Hussein’s execution in 2006. Holmes came to CNN from NBC11 in the San Francisco Bay Area.
BET Signs Talent Deal With T.J. Holmes
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
UPDATE: 'Cops' Bryce Dion Killed By Friendly Fire In Omaha While Filming Response To Wendy's Robbery
More From Andreeva
- Fox Buys 'Nod' Sci-Fi Drama From Jason Richman & Chernin Co.
- Rila Fukushima Joins 'Arrow', Riley Voelkel Cast In 'Point Of Honor'
- Fox Buys College Comedy From Weezer Frontman Rivers Cuomo & 'Psych' Creator Steve Franks As Put Pilot
- Jason Bateman's Aggregate Films Reups Film & TV Deal With Universal, Hires Executive
- Zach Galifianakis & Louis C.K.'s Comedy 'Baskets' Gets FX Series Order
- Daniel Dae Kim To Produce Adaptation Of Korean Medical Drama 'Good Doctor' For CBS