BET Networks has signed a multi-platform talent deal with former CNN anchor T.J. Holmes. Under the pact, Holmes will host a new show on BET and contribute to BET.com. Details on his BET show are still sketchy and the network wouldn’t confirm whether the program will be daily or weekly, but it is expected to feature Holmes’ prospective on current events as well as human interest stories. At CNN, Holmes anchored major breaking news stories and human interest pieces ranging from the tornadoes across the Midwest and Southeast to the Gulf oil spill in 2010 to Saddam Hussein’s execution in 2006. Holmes came to CNN from NBC11 in the San Francisco Bay Area.
BET Signs Talent Deal With T.J. Holmes
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Netflix Nabs Judd Apatow Comedy Series With 2-Season Order; Paul Rust & Gillian Jacobs To Star, Legendary TV To Produce
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Stephnie Weir Bank Comedy
- Fox Developing Drama About Airline Crew Moonlighting As Robbers
- Betsy Thomas Set As New 'Bad Judge' Showrunner
- Sam Richardson Upped To Regular On 'Veep'
- Nathan Parsons To Topline Amazon Pilot 'Point Of Honor', Luke Benward To Co-Star
- Rob Golenberg and Alon Aranya's Scripted World Inks First-Look Deal With Fox 21